Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Patrick Harris ‘shocked’ by Britney Spears casting

Default Neil Patrick Harris ‘shocked’ by Britney Spears casting

Neil Patrick Harris ‘Shocked’ By Britney Casting

March 11, 2008
    Neil Patrick Harris is embracing the news that Britney Spears will appear on his CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother — and he’s also having some fun with the idea.
    “I was shocked that Madame Spears was willing to come and do some acting,” Harris, 34, tells Entertainment Tonight. (See the video here.)
    Noting “she hasn’t acted in a while,” Harris goes on to say, “This is a very interesting role. It is very not like her at all in real life in any of her previous chapters.”
    In April 2006, Spears guest-starred on NBC’s Will & Grace as a two-faced conservative talk-show host alongside Sean Hayes’s flamboyant character Jack.
    On How I Met Your Mother — set to air March 24 — “She plays the secretary to another girl that Ted [Josh Radnor] is after. So, it will be very unlike any Britney we have seen before, and we have seen a lot of Britney recently.”
    Harris also tells ET that paparazzi will not be a problem when Spears, 26, shows up, because the series is shot on the secure FOX lot.
    But he jokingly muses: “What if she shows up on set and she is absolutely, totally normal and that whole thing has been a big ruse?”
    As he imagines it, “She is smoking a cigarette and [says], ‘Oh yes, it is all a big bit. I have a master plan.’ ”

Neil on His Infamous 17-lb Weight Gain and Avoiding Surgery - Fall TV Watch Patrick Harris ‘Shocked’ By Britney Casting
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I loved Harris when he played himself in Harold & Kumar.

Everytime I look at that guy, I think of 'Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle.'

Harold: "Dude, my CAR!!"
    Doogie: "Yeah, I know, that's why I'm giving you the money. Dick."
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post

Me too.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

This infuriates me...all the skanks are taking away my men. Brit, stay away from my love Josh Radnor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have noone else after my Nikki's been snatched.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Heeee, I wonder how long it will take Britters to figure out that he's gay.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    This infuriates me...all the skanks are taking away my men. Brit, stay away from my love Josh Radnor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have noone else after my Nikki's been snatched.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

True story:

Our freshman year of college (1995), my friend was at Boston U. and Doogie was hanging out at some student party or bar or some such. So of course as soon as they recognize him everyone starts calling him Doogie--"OMG! Doogie Houser! Whassup Doogie!"--and he gets completely pissed beyond belief that everyone is calling him Doogie and not by his real name. Instead of being flattered by the attention and grateful that anyone even remembered who he was, he was all "My name is NOT Doogie, my name is Neil! Fuck you guys!" So then of course this just made everyone just call him Doogie even more, making him even madder till he finally left, with a gaggle of drunk college students chanting "Doogie! Doogie!" in his wake...

So I always think of how he was a complete douche in Boston in 1995. I hope he's mellowed out and is less of a dick by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    True story:

Our freshman year of college (1995), my friend was at Boston U. and Doogie was hanging out at some student party or bar or some such. So of course as soon as they recognize him everyone starts calling him Doogie--"OMG! Doogie Houser! Whassup Doogie!"--and he gets completely pissed beyond belief that everyone is calling him Doogie and not by his real name. Instead of being flattered by the attention and grateful that anyone even remembered who he was, he was all "My name is NOT Doogie, my name is Neil! Fuck you guys!" So then of course this just made everyone just call him Doogie even more, making him even madder till he finally left, with a gaggle of drunk college students chanting "Doogie! Doogie!" in his wake...

So I always think of how he was a complete douche in Boston in 1995. I hope he's mellowed out and is less of a dick by now...

Apparently he's mellowed a lot since then. I have a friend who worked with him on some plays in New York and they said he was quite cool and very much a 'take it in stride' kinda guy
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    That was the best part of that stupid movie.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That was the best part of that stupid movie.

Again, I totally agree.

"NPH wouldn't do that..." LOL Who ever knew him as NPH? Was that a teeny bopper nickname for him or just concocted for the movie? That still makes me laugh, NPH, mwuhahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    Again, I totally agree.

"NPH wouldn't do that..." LOL Who ever knew him as NPH? Was that a teeny bopper nickname for him or just concocted for the movie? That still makes me laugh, NPH, mwuhahaha!
    The whole persona was concocted for the movie, Kinda like john Malcovich in 'Being John Malcovich'. They're parodying the public perception of themselves
    Do it anyway

Maybe, but who can forget NPH grinding on the car seat? That was some funny shit.

And don't get me started on snorting coke off a hooker's ass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yes I figured his persona was fictional, was just wondering if anyone really ever knew him as NPH. Funny shit.

I loved him in Harold & Kumar too! He made such a convincing womanizing horndog,that I was very shocked he was gay!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information