Thread: MTV to ‘Rock the Cradle’ with sons & daughters of music legends

Default MTV to ‘Rock the Cradle’ with sons & daughters of music legends

MTV to ‘Rock the Cradle’ with Sons & Daughters of Music Legends

March 10, 2008
    MTV is joining the search to find America’s next great singing sensation in a new reality competition. But instead of auditioning tens of thousands of people across the country, they’re hedging their bets by selecting contestants with a genetic predisposition for stardom.
    Rock the Cradle, which premieres April 3 (10 p.m. EST), will feature the children of rock royals like Bobby Brown, Dee Snider of Twisted Sister, M.C. Hammer and Olivia Newton John.
    The show will air live weekly and will have the contestants battle it out in singing competitions to be judged by a mix of celebs and influential people in the music industry.
    Here’s a full list of the contestants vying for the top spot on Rock the Cradle:
    Jesse Money, daughter of Eddie Money
    Jesse Blaze Snider, son of Dee Snider
    Lara Johnston, daughter of Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers
    A’keiba Burrell-Hammer, M.C. Hammer’s daughter
    Landon Brown (pictured left), son of Bobby Brown
    Lil Al B Sure, R&B singer Al B Sure’s son
    Crosby Loggins, Kenny Loggin’s son
    Chloe Rose Lattanzi, Olivia Newton John’s daughter
    Lucy Walsh (pictured right), daughter of the EaglesJoe Walsh
    “I was interested in this show because of the mass exposure available with a television spot,” says Lucy Walsh (pictured left). “I’m just not going to pass that up. I mean come on, the girls who are winning American Idol go on to win Grammys!”
    The cast came together for the first time at a recent photo shoot and quickly started to bond. “I love A’Keiba!” Jesse Blaze Snider told PEOPLE. “Me and her are going to be awesome buddies! We both have big families and have been through ‘Our dad’s are big and famous’ and then ‘Our dad doesn’t have a lot of money.’”
    A’Keiba, whose dad plans to be with her every step of the way during this process, said she joined the show after he presented the idea to her. “It sounded like a lot of fun,” she said. “I love performing.”
    “She’s a hard working girl,” said M.C. Hammer, who attended the photo shoot with his daughter. “I’m a proud papa. My advice is to have fun!”
    Despite not wanting to be a part of his father’s reality show, Being Bobby Brown, Landon Brown says Rock the Cradle will be great exposure for him.
    “I love to compete,” he said. “I’ve learned from [my father’s] mistakes. I do me, but I tone myself down a little more, except on stage. I’ll try not to take my shirt off up there. They told me not to.”

MTV to ‘Rock the Cradle’ with Sons & Daughters of Music Legends - Fall TV Watch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Lil Al B Sure?

Did they just not know his real name or is that it?

Landon Brown looks like Ralph Tresvant.

Al B. Sure's son with Kim Porter is named Quincy, but I do think he has other children.

A show about the no-talent offspring of has beens????

can't wait

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Question

I thought Olivia Newton John’s daughter was horribly anorexic…?

(Taken approx Oct of 2007)
    Last edited by Seapharris7; March 11th, 2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: dating photo for reference
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I caught a rerun of the 1st episode last night; My favorites were Joe Walsh's daughter Lucy, and Kenny Loggins' son Crosby. Bobby Brown's son sucked, but I don't know if he was just really nervous and that's why he sounded so awful. Lil B Sure was only OK, as were Jesse Money and Jesse Blaze Snyder. I didn't catch the performances by Chloe Lattanzi or the girl whose dad is in the Doobie Bros.

i watched the beginning with Jesse Money, and uh, well, she's cute. also, Chloe Lattanzi looked good, but her lips are HUGE!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

[quote=msdebagain;1149423]i watched the beginning with Jesse Money, and uh, well, she's cute. also, Chloe Lattanzi looked good, but her lips are HUGE![/quote]
    I know.. and you can't quit looking at them.

I watched the first one and was totally bored with it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

The best vocally was Tom Johnston's daughter Lara - also the youngest at 17. While Lucy Walsh's performance skills are more honed, I'd bank on Lara's voice over the entire group and that Beluga skank from the GoGos gave her a low score so she wasn't highest. Then the dumb whale gives ONJ's daughter who was marginal a 9. I guess since she got over her eating disorder is all I could think of as to why. MTV's dumb attempt to promote kid's who already have more doors opened to them than anyone else with a hell of alot more talent could ever hope to have when starting out.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

^^Belinda Carlisle was pretty harsh on some of them; I don't think she has that great of a voice either...

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^Belinda Carlisle was pretty harsh on some of them; I don't think she has that great of a voice either...
    No she does not.

And that 'Leave a Light On' is the most annoying song ever... excluding anything by Paris Hilton.
    vaya con dios

This show sounds really stupid.

Thread Information