Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ruins of Michael Jackson's Neverland

Default The ruins of Michael Jackson's Neverland

The merry-go-round stands rusting and lifeless. An elaborate floral display that used to stand proudly at the front of the mansion has wilted, leaving just bare earth.

The tepees are collapsing in on themselves and a tent covering the bumper cars is falling to bits. Scroll down for more...
    What fun this must have been: The Neverland Ranch railway station. The floral clock in front of the building is overgrown. The clock has stopped, and numbers are missing

From thriller to dangerous: On what was the bumper car rink, the canopy is clearly ripped and discoloured by the harsh Californian sun. Grass verges around the rink look bare and don't appear to have been watered for months

Unless Michael Jackson can pay off part of his £160 million debts, his legendary Neverland ranch will be sold next week at auction on the steps of the Santa Barbara County courthouse - a site which will recall for him his painful 2005 child molestation trial and acquittal which left him even more of a recluse.

It would be the ultimate humiliation.
    The superstar bought the 2,800-acre fantasy home in the rolling hills of Santa Ynez valley in 1987 for £11.3million.
    He was at the height of his career. Children would be invited over to the estate to play and music boomed out of speakers. Scroll down for more...
    Swings and roundabouts: Once fun-filled, now no MJ, no Bubbles and not even Billie Jean come to the carousel

Beat it: There's no one left to play braves and squaws at the Red Indian village. A model horse stands but the sun-bleached tepees are falling down

The annual upkeep for the property was estimated to be a staggering £2million and during its heyday 54 full-time paid staff manned the estate.
    All of them have since been let go, with the estate run by around half-a-dozen friends and relatives of Jackson.

Jackson deserted the property in July 2005, when he was cleared of the child molestation charges, and fled to Bahrain in the Persian Gulf. Scroll down for more...
    Bad to worse: An enclosure which once held part of Michael Jackson's collection of exotic animals lies disused, the water gone stagnant

Off the wall: The only colour is the tennis court - it's as if a forest fire has swept through once-green Neverland, but the cause is neglect

Meanwhile authorities in Santa Barbara ordered Neverland to be closed down after the star failed to pay his employees or keep up his insurance payments.
    Since then the dream park has been left to rot.
    The ranch was once famous for its zoo, stocked with elephants, giraffes, lions and monkeys. But the exotic animals have gone to other homes.
    Jackson's pet monkey - Bubbles - is in a sanctuary and the horses are at a children's riding school. It is a pitiful reflection of the demise of the one-time King of Pop.
    Moonwalk might not be far off the mark in this blasted, dusty landscape, once bustling with happy children

Tumbledown and abandoned: The ruins of Michael Jackson's Neverland | the Daily Mail

Not surprising, a property that sprawling and extravageant cannot be maintained by a few people for a long time. Especially if those people wer working under an overgrown child like MJ.

Wow, what a waste! I wonder if whoever buys it will redo the whole theme, or just raize the lot. Very sad though. Not to mention how 'tarnished' the place is now.

ruined, kinda like Michaels face
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Karma.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

God, can you imagine how much it would cost to tear all that down, dig up the pipes, etc..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I never knew the house was that small.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I never knew the house was that small.
    Are you referring to that first pic? That's not the house, it's a railway station ... but I thought the same thing too.

^ Oh!
    I wonder what the house looks like.

Burn it all down, then establish a ranch getaway/healing center there for abused and molested children. Fitting.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Bychance! paging bychance to Miss. Jackson's defense. Bychance, on the double please.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The whole place looks creepy.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

Cool

I'm pretty sure this is the main residence:

More information on Neverland Ranch

But you never know when those pictures were actually taken; the site listed has a lot of pictures taken from various times & even a map with the layout of the complete ranch.

I find it interesting that originally, I’m sure he cant afford to have it running now, there was a “Massage Therapy Center” and “Gourmet Coffee” shop. What a waste… and what a b*tch to tear down or fix up.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Bychance! paging bychance to Miss. Jackson's defense. Bychance, on the double please.
    Miss Jackson. *snicker*

Thanks for posting, Sea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information