Thread: Sanjaya Malakar doing charity Bar Mitzvahs for 12 year olds in Connecticut

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Sanjaya Malakar doing charity Bar Mitzvahs for 12 year olds in Connecticut

The last time former " American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar, 18, got his lustrous locks shorn was in April 2007. But yesterday, the lanky teen, known for being among Idol's worst yet most beloved finalists, got the royal treatment at chic hairdo hub NuBest Salon & Spa in Manhasset.

Arriving at noon with his hair pulled into a tight topknot, Malakar was impressed with the glitzy salon. "It's great. It's beautiful. I've never been to a salon like this."

He was readying for another first. Last evening, he would entertain at 12-year-old Rachel Lader's black-tie, 300-guest bat mitzvah at Oheka Castle in Huntington. She planned to donate her bat mitzvah gifts to charities including Best Buddies, Willie Randolph Foundation, Realizing The Dream and DeWayne Murcer Memorial Foundation.

"No, I've never done a bat mitzvah before," said a smiling Malakar, who planned to serenade the Woodbury girl with "Isn't She Lovely" during her first dance with daddy. Afterward, it would be "You Really Got Me," which he sang twice on "Idol," once with Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry.

Malakar, who relocated from Seattle to Los Angeles with sister Shyamali and a cousin to work on music, says life after "Idol" is "a whirlwind. While you're on it, it moves so fast. But afterwards, you can kind of sit back and see what happens."

He did sit back as his famous hair was handled by at least three stylists including Jamie Mazzei, who trimmed 2 1/2 inches and worked with a razor to "accentuate the natural curl." Stylist Glen Davis tried out a version of Malakar's "faux hawk," but Malakar's publicist nixed it, saying it was "old Sanjaya." He left with a classic free-floating mane courtesy of salon owner Michael Mazzei. An MTV crew, working on a segment about catching up with Sanjaya one year after "Idol," documented the whole scene.

Malakar isn't the only big name on the guest list. Rachel, whose theme was "Rachel's Red Carpet," planned to make her entrance flanked by Giants Super Bowl champ Osi Umenyiora, and song duo Ashford and Simpson were slated to appear as well. Her dad, Spencer Lader, who until recently ran a sports memorabilia company, said nobody was being paid to appear. "I have a lot of connections," said Lader. "And Rachel's going to be giving all of her gifts to charity. We do want this to be a very special day, but it also allows us to learn a lesson about those who have less and those who need."

Source

Yay? *doesnt know how to react*

I agree with whoever said 'San-GAY?-Yeah!' looks like he belongs on "To Catch a Predator".
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I cant hate on ol' Sangaya if he's doing this for free. Sounds like a standup guy to me! He could be cheating that poor dad out of $250,000 for 3 songs like X-Tina does
    Last edited by ingi; March 9th, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

He reminds me of an ugly El Debarge.

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    I cant hate on ol' Sangaya if he's doing this for free. Sounds like a standup guy to me! He could be cheating that poor dad out of $250,000 for 3 songs like X-Tina does
    Yep..and I guess it's better than the bingo-calling and Steinmart appearances that Constantine Maroulis is doing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtogossip View Post
    He reminds me of an ugly El Debarge.
    It's the hair!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

PLEASE let #1Sanjayafan come in here, oh that will just be hysterical.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Elite Member

He does have lovely hair, but, what a comedown.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

He's an obnoxious fuckwat.

LOVE the hair flip, it's soooo cute

(kidding lol)

They gave him a Marlo Thomas That Girl flip. I love that hairstyle....on a woman!

I can't even go into what that Nubest salon is like. Take the housewives of OC and NY , add foil, acrylic nails, lots of black amex cards, throw in some annoying voices and paranoia and that's your day at that salon. Don't forget to wear your diamond tennis bracelet.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They gave him a Marlo Thomas That Girl flip. I love that hairstyle....on a woman!

I can't even go into what that Nubest salon is like. Take the housewives of OC and NY , add foil, acrylic nails, lots of black amex cards, throw in some annoying voices and paranoia and that's your day at that salon. Don't forget to wear your diamond tennis bracelet.
    Sounds like those ladies sure know how to be modest and humble. Good times, good times. I hate women like that.

Good for you San-gina!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information