Thread: Kate Beckinsale can't cope with fame

Default Kate Beckinsale can't cope with fame

Kate Beckinsale has admitted she cannot cope with the fact that shes famous.

The Underworld actress doesnt even think shes a star, she says in a new magazine interview. And she admits she would go ugly for a dream role - but not just to win an award.

She said: Im in complete denial about being a celebrity.

I spend 80 per cent of my time in my kitchen and occasionally Im wheeled out to pretend to be Kate Beckinsale for awards shows.

Im not at nightclubs every night but Ill take my kid hiking and several paparazzi will show up and its like, What? Im not shaving my head in public. You need to leave me alone.

She added: I deal with it and havent become an asshole because it occupies quite a small part of my life.

Im very good at not seeing people pointing and taking pictures; people Im with are much more disturbed about it. Im trying to work on becoming less polite.

Beckinsale, 34, recently moved to California, where she now lives with director husband Len Wiseman, and her nine-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, Lily.

Asked what the biggest transition has been, she said: Not being able to walk around. Ive lived in London, New York, and Paris, and thats where I am comfortable.

I have a very poor sense of direction, which is inconvenient, but its actually borne fruit for me, wandering around discovering amazing places.

I think Id just wander around and discover getting mugged here; its not quite the same feel.

And asked if she would ever go ugly for the chance of winning an Oscar, she said: Not necessarily for an Oscar; I would for a great part.

I dont think you can ever guarantee an Oscar nod. I think if you were doing it for that and you gained 300 pounds and you didnt get nominated, youd be miserable, but if you really love the material its worth it.

Ive gained 20 pounds, 25 pounds for [upcoming crime drama] Winged Creatures; bleached all my hair blonde, then it all fell out - Im still dealing with it, but thats all part of the fun.

The actress tells the new issue of US lifestyle magazine, Los Angeles Confidential: What Id like to do is comedy; its actually my favourite thing to do.

Im such a horrific snob about it that I hate most romantic comedies.

I find them not funny, actually, and usually just romantic.

Beckinsale will next be seen on screen in Winged Creatures, starring opposite Forest Whitaker and Dakota Fanning.

The drama charts the bond formed between a group of random people after they survive a random shooting attack in a Los Angeles diner.

Kate Beckinsale cannot cope with the fact that she’s famous | Showbiz Gossip, Showbiz News, Entertainment News - Showbiz Spy

Argh! Go away! I'm starting to dislike her.
    Why so many interviews, does she have a movie coming out?
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Argh! Go away! I'm starting to dislike her.
    Why so many interviews, does she have a movie coming out?
    These all appear to be pieces of the same interview. At least, that 'shaving head' line was in the last one
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I'm sure this article was posted on GR a few days ago ... but all her recent quotes do seem to be from the same interview, just re -worded or mashed together to form new mini articles.

and yes she does have a new movie out soon called "Snow Angels"

The only recycled part for me was the head shaving thing. The other comments are new.

And she has 4 movies out this year so I guess we're going to be hearing alot from her.

Ha, I don't think Kate ever needs to worry about being nominated for an Oscar. She says she's not a fame-whore but her perma-tan and terrible boob job tell a different story.
    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Miguel Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Kate Beckinsale can't cope with fame

don't worry honey, the average person has no idea who you are

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Just wait when she stops getting offers and attention, THEN she'll miss it!!! She'll probably end up spreading for Playboy in the last ditch effort to regain any glimpse of spotlight, and end up on the sci-fi channel with a limited role as the assistant captain to Scot Bakula.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

I spend 80 per cent of my time in my kitchen

And the other 20 in the bathroom...

Thread Information