Thread: Comedian Kathy Griffin bids to become White Oprah: will open Mexican school for girls

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Comedian Kathy Griffin bids to become White Oprah: will open Mexican school for girls

Kathy Griffin: The Next White Oprah?/ 04.03.2008

i
    Comedian Kathy Griffin reports she'll be heading to Mexico in April for the launch of a girls' school -- "like Oprah," she says, referring to Oprah Winfrey and her famous Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa. What does Kathy aim to do? "I thought it would be a good way to get press in Mexico. I can pass along the morals and values that are important to me in my life and get my name in all of the Puerto Vallarta newspapers," she deadpans.

But seriously, folks. It's real. "Steve Wozniak is supplying all the equipment. When he heard about it, he came in on it, which makes it special and wonderful," Kathy says. "If nothing else, they'll get some Apple computers." Griffin and the billionaire Apple Computer cofounder have been dating since last summer.

But first, the "My Life on the D-List" star, who has a way of alternately infuriating the public (as in her "this is my god now" Emmy acceptance speech) and endearing herself (as in her many charity and USO gigs), has a crammed agenda of work. This past week she was in Las Vegas to shoot her March 16 "World's Funniest Commercials: Hilarious Liaisons" special for TBS. How did she fit the show in between shooting the fourth season installments of her Bravo "D-List" series?

"I was supposed to be off from 'D-List' for a week," she explains. She adds, "The commercials really are hilarious -- there are European ones that are naughty and sexy. And I got to stay on an extra night and see Bette Midler perform."

This time around, the "Funniest Commercials" focus is on relationships, and where better, asks Kathy, than Las Vegas, "the marriage capital and the divorce capital of the world"?

The special, with a guest appearance by Penn Gillette, has Kathy and crew hitting such hallowed grounds as the chapel where Britney Spears and her 55-hour first husband, Jason Alexander, said their vows. Notes the funny lady, "Love is in bloom here, as long as you're passing the bag."

National Ledger - Kathy Griffin: The Next Oprah Winfrey?
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 01:28 PM.

i LOVE kathy Griffin!!!!!!!!! so good for her. too bad she had to fuck Steve Wozniak to get supplies.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I like Kathy, and she's pretty cool about her charity work. When she got married, she requested donations to AMFAR instead of wedding gifts.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kathy is one D List celeb that deserves a mega- rich husband, good for her!

I really really cannot stand kathy griffin but am all for good deeds

Hit By Ban Bus!

Go, goldigger Kathy go!
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

I love Kathy

Those pics ^up there^ That episode was SO funny!

Kathy is the best. She can do no wrong in my book, so good for her. I think she is a very charitable person, so this doesn't seem completely off base for her. Yea Kathy!

And that episode was hilarious of 'Dlist' when she 'fell' out of the car. Chick is truly hysterical.

I love her! Kathy with mega-billion funding? WORLD WATCH OUT!!!

*maybe we should try and get her to get us the pink sparkly burqas?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I like Kathy, and she's pretty cool about her charity work. When she got married, she requested donations to AMFAR instead of wedding gifts.

That's very kind of her!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thread Information