Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Richie's baby Harlow cover outsells Christina Aguilera spawn at the newsstand!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Nicole Richie's baby Harlow cover outsells Christina Aguilera spawn at the newsstand!

Nicole Richie cover outselling Aguilera’s
    By Courtney Hazlett
    The Scoop
    updated 10:23 p.m. ET, Mon., March. 3, 2008

Nicole Richie didn’t just beat rival Christina Aguilera to the delivery room by having daughter Harlow on Jan. 11, one day before Aguilera gave birth to son Max, but it appears Richie will beat Aguilera on the newsstand as well.

Both new moms each had their own cover of People magazine, and according to some early estimates, the issue featuring Richie is on target to sell more than 1.8 million copies, according to an industry source, whereas Aguilera has far less. (People magazine could not confirm sales numbers; a spokesperson said its too soon to know how many copies were sold.)

Why does there seem to be more interest in Harlow Winter Kate Madden? One magazine insider said part of it could come down to the moms’ fan bases. “Christina historically doesn’t do that well on covers,” said the source, who cites poor sales of her wedding photo issue in OK!, and less-than-stellar sales of her nude photo shoot in the January 2008 Marie Claire.
    That might be true, but Nicole Richie doesn’t seem like an obvious home run on the cover, either. “There’s also a greater element of curiosity with Nicole,” the source conceded. “She’s gone public about being a heroin addict. Her boyfriend is covered in tattoos. By default, she’s got the more interesting baby. People want to see how she settles down. They want to see what kind of baby someone with her [life] background has.”

Source
    Scoop: Richie cover outselling Aguilera’s - The Scoop - MSNBC.com

People Magazine fires back: Editor defends Christina

Managing editor Larry Hackett:

Hackett won't discuss actual figures but says, "These numbers are grossly inaccurate" and often "come from competitors who wanted the pictures and didn't get them. You can almost set your watch to 'I heard you paid …' "

For Christina Aguilera and son Max, the figure that popped up was $1.5 million, and People was scrutinized in reports that said the issue, dated Feb. 25, undersold. Hackett counters: "I am thrilled with Christina. It was a solid performer and not under expectations. I would buy Christina's pictures again in a second."

source: Celebs, magazines ready to make a baby-picture deal - USATODAY.com

Also keep in mind Nicole's magazine was actually a "Special Double Issue" and those sell more anyways b/c yay double the magazine for the same price....oh and she has a famous baby daddy, unlike Christina.
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

*waits for Christina to throw a hissy fit*

Hit By Ban Bus!

to quote Chris Farley "this is... awesome!"

*waits for the loonies to run in and say the saint is the real reason for the numbers*
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nicole's issue did have the Oscar party pics too, but that's not enough reason to stop trashing X-Tina at all!
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.

I'd personally buy christina's before I bought nicole's ... I'm not into celebutards
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I wouldn't pay a penny for either one.

looking at the two covers, Nicole looks natural, while Xtina looks SO made up, and like they shoved a baby in her arms before the camera man showed up
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    looking at the two covers, Nicole looks natural, while Xtina looks SO made up, and like they shoved a baby in her arms before the camera man showed up
    XTina wouldn't be caught dead with out her trademark pancake makeup.
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

I much preferred Nicole's magazine cover to Christina's. Nicole's made me kinda go, "Oh, cute! Adorable baby!", plus it looks like the camera caught the two of them in a more candid, playful, cute shot. She looks like a woman who probably enjoys her baby.

Whereas i could not even stand the sight of Christina's magazine cover picture. It made me queasy. She was in full pancake makeup, POSING SEDUCTIVELY, complete with flirty "bedroom eyes" & mouth in a "sexy pose", while holding her son, who she is LOOKING AWAY FROM. It was disgustingly inappropriate, IMO (and believe me, i'm no prude!!) and that is my guess as to why Christina's mag didn't sell. I'd be willing to bet that at least a decent portion of the "soccer-moms" who buy People Magazine saw the same thing & were turned off & maybe just browsed thru it while in line at the check-out counter.

Whereas with Nicole, like the article said, people in general are more intrigued by how a heroin & cocaine addicted anorexic wild party chick, turned her life around to become a loving mom.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

^^ Couldn't agree with you more, GoldDust.

Christina's 'come hither' look turns my stomach too. How ridiculous to pose with your baby like that!

I think it all deals with perception. If you like Nicole, you'd be more likely to buy her cover. If you like Christina, you'd buy hers. Maybe I judge based on the whole "parisite" pal...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDust77 View Post
    I much preferred Nicole's magazine cover to Christina's. Nicole's made me kinda go, "Oh, cute! Adorable baby!", plus it looks like the camera caught the two of them in a more candid, playful, cute shot. She looks like a woman who probably enjoys her baby.

Whereas i could not even stand the sight of Christina's magazine cover picture. It made me queasy. She was in full pancake makeup, POSING SEDUCTIVELY, complete with flirty "bedroom eyes" & mouth in a "sexy pose", while holding her son, who she is LOOKING AWAY FROM. It was disgustingly inappropriate, IMO (and believe me, i'm no prude!!) and that is my guess as to why Christina's mag didn't sell. I'd be willing to bet that at least a decent portion of the "soccer-moms" who buy People Magazine saw the same thing & were turned off & maybe just browsed thru it while in line at the check-out counter.

Whereas with Nicole, like the article said, people in general are more intrigued by how a addicted anorexic wild party chick, turned her life around to become a loving mom.
    Youre so right, XTina looks like she's asking her hubby for a quick shag after the baby is asleep!

Xtina's staff better watch their asses!

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

AHHHHH!!!! Ingi, not THAT picture again!!! ::shivers of horror going down my spine:: ()

That picture really is disgusting. It is SO self-centered! I thought the point of it was to show off the new baby.--not have the baby curled up in the background, while in the foreground, Christina stares out at us all from the cover, saying, "Come fuck me, baby!" in a seductive way. AHHHH!!!! Get the image of that picture out of my head!!!
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information