Thread: Tom Cruise for President? Kevin Smith says 'why not?' but that's the crack talking

Exclamation Tom Cruise for President? Kevin Smith says 'why not?' but that's the crack talking

Hollywood director Kevin Smith believes Tom Cruise could run for US President.

(BANG) -

Kevin Smith claims Tom Cruise could run for US President.

The 'Dogma' director insists Tom would have a great chance of winning an election because of his charm and charisma, but thinks his recent strange antics have damaged his reputation.

Speaking about Tom, who famously jumped up on Oprah Winfrey's couch when he was interviewed about his future wife Katie Holmes, Kevin told Britain's FHM magazine: "He's been on the chopping block for the last two years, and it was Ben Affleck before him. That's what happens, you go from being the golden boy to a low point when the public decide to move on. But if it wasn't for that couch-jumping s**t, Tom Cruise could have run for President. Because when he's talking to you, he's never looking over your shoulder to see if anyone more important is in the room."

Meanwhile, Kevin believes producer Harvey Weinstein has a bad reputation because he stands by his strong opinions.

He said: "He has a bad reputation because he stands by his convictions, even if he's wrong. You know the expression, 'That's not a hill I want to die on'? Harvey will die on every hill. He digs in, he's aggressive. He went to the Sundance Film Festival and got into a fight."

(C) BANG Media International

Kevin Smith's Cruise candidate : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    god can you imagine
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It wouldn't be any worse than the crap we are working with today.

^^^ amen Sweetie. I am so disappointed. The admin has been a total disaster and neither party has really been able to produce a candidate that I believe can lead us out of it.

Ummm..Kevin Smith says some off the wall stuff, but I don't think he meant it literally. He was just talking about how Cruise's popularity is in the toilet compared to his star power two years ago.

And, he's right.

Anyone know of where Kevin Smith's post is about his experience with Prince? It's one of the most fascinating things I'd ever read about someone, yet, I can't find it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Personally, I prefer his description of his run-ins with Reese Witherspoon. He goes to town on what a snotty bitch she is. As far as this, me thinks Kevin is needing a career boost, but is going about it the wrong way.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Anyone know of where Kevin Smith's post is about his experience with Prince? It's one of the most fascinating things I'd ever read about someone, yet, I can't find it.
    The only place I've seen it is on the special he did 'An Evening With Kevin Smith.' The way he told the story about Prince, and Jon Peters, was hysterical.

^^ Must find this Prince story.

And if Tom ever WAS El Presidente, we all know the world would be "amazing" and so "joyful" and "wonderful" according to Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Personally, I prefer his description of his run-ins with Reese Witherspoon. He goes to town on what a snotty bitch she is. As far as this, me thinks Kevin is needing a career boost, but is going about it the wrong way.
    Hehe, the Reese Witherspoon thing was hysterical.

But I really don't think he's looking for a career boost...imo he just says what he wants, about whoever, without really worrying whether he's PC or not. I kinda like that about him.

but thinks his recent strange antics have damaged his reputation.

Ya don't say. I guess that's what they call 'understatement'. On the other hand, he'd be ideal to make contact with ET's.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The only place I've seen it is on the special he did 'An Evening With Kevin Smith.' The way he told the story about Prince, and Jon Peters, was hysterical.
    No,no, I did not see that one. Kevin wrote it all down, on a blog or something, in GREAT detail about the week he spent with Prince. I particularily remember this excerpt:

Kevin Smith to one of Prince's assistants, "He's so tiny, where does he find his clothes?"

Assistant, "He goes to the boys department and has them tailored."

Kevin Smith, "Prince shops in the boys department? Aw, that's so cute."

EDIT: I think it's on viewaskew.com. I'll see if I can find it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^ HAHA. I bet Prince didn't lke that. Sigh. I love Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    No,no, I did not see that one. Kevin wrote it all down, on a blog or something, in GREAT detail about the week he spent with Prince. I particularily remember this excerpt:

Kevin Smith to one of Prince's assistants, "He's so tiny, where does he find his clothes?"

Assistant, "He goes to the boys department and has them tailored."

Kevin Smith, "Prince shops in the boys department? Aw, that's so cute."

EDIT: I think it's on viewaskew.com. I'll see if I can find it.
    Yeah, that's some of the stuff he was talking about. I think Kevin was suppose to be shooting some kind of documentary on Prince and that's how they got involved. Kevin even talked about how Prince got pissy when he wanted to use one of his songs for a movie.

Edit:

Here's a clip when he talks about some of the responses he got from Prince and other celebrities after dogging them out.

YouTube - Kevin Smith about reactions from Peters, Burton and Prince

I liked it better when Silent Bob stayed silent.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I love how honest Kevin Smith is. I wish I had seen the Prince interview.

He told the truth about TinyTom. There was a point in his life where mostly everyone was infatuated with him, probably because we hadn't yet figured out how freaky he is behind closed doors.

Thread Information