Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forbes Magazine says Lindsay Lohan got stiffed 500k for Marilyn Monroe photos

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Forbes Magazine says Lindsay Lohan got stiffed 500k for Marilyn Monroe photos

So you know those Lindsay Lohan nude pictures from New York magazine that were so very popular last week? Of course you do! Well, turns out they were worth a lot of money for New York magazine, at least according to a report made by business magazine Forbes, which estimates that New York magazine could have made $500,000 in just two days from internet traffic to those photo pages. And the best part... Lindsay Lohan got nuthin'!
    The photographer who snapped the photos of Lohan was Bert Stern, the same lensman who was behind the camera for Monroe's famed 1962 shoot at the Hotel Bel Air in Los Angeles. And while some magazines reportedly spend millions to get their hands on exclusive photos of celebrities or their babies, New York paid Stern its standard fee for such assignments--and paid Lohan nothing for her participation, according to magazine spokeswoman Lauren Starke.

For a site that's averaged around a million page views a day lately, the results were stunning. NYmag.com recorded a total of more than 40 million page views Monday and Tuesday, more than 34 million of which came from the Lohan portfolio, Starke said.

According to New York's online rate card, the "super banner ad" of the type that appears on the Lohan photo slideshow has a CPM (cost per 1,000 impressions) of $15. Multiply that by the number of views and the Lohan slideshow ads were valued at more than $500,000 over two days. NYmag.com probably charged far less than the rate-card rate, as is common in the industry. Starke said the magazine doesn't disclose revenue details about advertising deals.

Still, New York's Web site no doubt made out pretty well. Some perspective: Based on its rate card, New York generated about as much revenue per day from its online slideshow as it would from four $64,500 full-page color ads in its print edition.
    Egotastic! - Lindsay Lohan Naked is Worth a Lot of Money
    Last edited by ingi; February 29th, 2008 at 01:29 PM.

HA.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's not camera whoring if you do it for free!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That's not cool.

Well, if she agreed to do the photoshoot for free, I don't see how she was stiffed out of any money...

And speaking of free, she got a lot of free publicity, no?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hef did offer her a job out of the deal...

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I might be alone in feeling this way, but I didn't particularly care for those photos. I think Lilo is a pretty girl, despite the fact that I loathe her and everything she stands for. But those photos weren't pretty at all.

No, I think the majority of the internet agrees with you, regardless of how they feel about Lindsay. They just weren't good photos and trying to imitate MM is a bad idea.

^I don't think any star today can pull off Marilyn Monroe. Some might come close, but MM was so gracious and beautiful, and the camera was totally in love with her.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

MM wasn't gracious, she was a manipulative cow who slept her way around to get what she wanted. She was also a hardcore drug abuser and alcoholic who used her body to manipulate people. And the camera was in love with her for two reasons: plastic surgery and lighting. Sorry, anyone who sells the 'I'm a helpless piece of pussy' for a living is sad. I'm actually going off the woman after reading so many comments about how bloody wonderful she was. Her faults were always what made her interesting, not the post-mortem diefication.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^That may have been the reality, but in that time the reality of Hollywood stars' lives might as well not have existed for the public. All they knew was the image, and that was what they loved. She died long ago, so you're never going to change that perception of her.

And Lindsay is living in different times now. Like it or not, her sordid private life details are magnified for public consumption. You can't make people like her and ignore what they do know about her just by bringing up MM's comparable faults. She and MM are like apples and oranges in the public eye due to the vastly different circumstances of the times, even if they may have done the same things, or even if MM did worse in your opinion.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

No one is trying to 'make people like' the lovely La Lohan. All I'm pointing out is that despite knowing what we all know about MM she is still regarded as some sort of sainted sex angel, while the lovely La Lohan is viewed as a junkie whore. And while the studio system may have protected her in life, certainly everything she got up to has become public knowledge in the interum, yet people will defend her to the ends of the earth and I think this is mainly because she sold herself as a helpless piece of pussy and people are still buying into it. I also think people are much more comfortable with a woman portraying a helpless piece of pussy than a woman who openly likes to fuck. Then, of course, she's a whore.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    MM wasn't gracious, she was a manipulative cow who slept her way around to get what she wanted. She was also a hardcore drug abuser and alcoholic who used her body to manipulate people. And the camera was in love with her for two reasons: plastic surgery and lighting. Sorry, anyone who sells the 'I'm a helpless piece of pussy' for a living is sad. I'm actually going off the woman after reading so many comments about how bloody wonderful she was. Her faults were always what made her interesting, not the post-mortem diefication.
    Happens all the time, people forget the details and in time a person becomes elevated to an exalted position. Dying young helps. Try telling people about all the shitty movies Heath Ledger made, or how lame Nirvana's music was and they go nuclear.

Oh, and she didn't get stiffed $500k. That would imply promised money not paying. There was a stampede to the New Yorker site by curious people and they just used a CPM estimate based on the traffic it generated.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    No, I think the majority of the internet agrees with you, regardless of how they feel about Lindsay. They just weren't good photos and trying to imitate MM is a bad idea.
    Lohan doesn't come close to MM!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    No one is trying to 'make people like' the lovely La Lohan. All I'm pointing out is that despite knowing what we all know about MM she is still regarded as some sort of sainted sex angel, while the lovely La Lohan is viewed as a junkie whore. And while the studio system may have protected her in life, certainly everything she got up to has become public knowledge in the interum, yet people will defend her to the ends of the earth and I think this is mainly because she sold herself as a helpless piece of pussy and people are still buying into it. I also think people are much more comfortable with a woman portraying a helpless piece of pussy than a woman who openly likes to fuck. Then, of course, she's a whore.
    We all know MM was a whore who slept around, but at least she was able to act and appear to be gracious and lady-like. It was a different time back then, which in some ways, makes what MM did even worse. But the truth of the matter is, because MM died so long ago, those of us who were born after her death bought the idea that she was this ethereal beauty whose talent was almost unsurpassed. And she was beautiful, far more so than most actresses of today. But that doesn't change the fact that Lilo is a junkie whore who doesn't look right even pretending to be a lady in a photo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information