Thread: Heath Ledger acts out faux suicide in video before his death

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Default Heath Ledger acts out faux suicide in video before his death

Heath Ledger Made a Video

Early in 2007, Heath Ledger directed and starred in a music video for "Black Eyed Dog", a song by the late British folk singer Nick Drake's. Heath made the video as a tribute for the artist for whom Ledger was obsessed. The Nine Network gained exclusive rights to the video, which has only been shown in public twice and shows "disorienting" and "eerie" images that include Ledger drowning himself in the final scene. Drake (if you've never heard of him, you probably recognize this) committed suicide in 1974 at the age of 26 by overdosing on the anti-depressant, amitriptyline.

Ledger made the video on a hand-held camera in early 2007 as part of an exhibition celebrating the work of Drake, with whom Ledger said he was "obsessed". It has so far only been glimpsed twice in public, at Seattle's Bumbershoot festival in September 2007 and again in Los Angeles the following month. Speaking about Drake at the Venice film festival last September, Ledger said: "Nick Drake is a very mysterious figure. I was obsessed with his story and music and I still have great hopes to tell his story one day."
    Wait, you mean to tell me that Heath Ledger liked Nick Drake's music then ended up dying in sorta kinda in the same way but not really? Whoa. What a coincidence! I was under the impression that Heath's death was a tragic accident, but now I know that this video is being shown to prove it might have been something more! It's also being shown for ratings, don't forget ratings! Thanks melodramatic Australian news anchor guy!

Note: At the :40 mark, you aren't going back in time, the video freaks out and starts over again.

YouTube - Heath Ledger Black Eyed Dog Nick Drake Haunting Video - ACA

Sorry everyone, I don't know how to post a youtube video on here, but I inserted the link.

Gold Member

Who gives a fyck? I don't! He's dead now. He took a chance at suicide every time he snorted, popped a pill, or took a hit of something, hell smokers commit slow suicide everyday! I'm so over Heath and his dumb azz actions!

Sad. ... If his drug use is any indication I really think he flirted with suicide, or at least the idea of death. I think towards the end, he was a pretty troubled guy, and just got too careless with life.
    ssabmud

Very sad indeed, but I agree with Snuff ; suicide is the risk he took every time he used drugs.

I love Nick Drake too but don't plan to kill myself anytime soon.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I love Nick Drake too but don't plan to kill myself anytime soon.
    That's good to hear.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he's dead and thats it!

One of my good friends used to be a fairly regular drug user, and she is adamant that he intended to commit suicide. She basically said that when you're a junkie or even a regular recreational drug user, you know what to mix and what not to mix, and that she finds it very hard to believe he would ingest that combination of drugs and not intend for it to be fatal.

One thing that I thought of is that he probably also had tons of handlers who were warning him of the possible effects of mixing certain drugs (probably more for image-control than his safety, but still), so he was probably MORE aware than the average drug user of the dangers. I just find it hard to believe that he could be so clueless as to the possible consequences of mixing all of those drugs.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ugh, what a waste then. u know how many millions of ppl would have traded places w/ him in a heartbeat!?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    One of my good friends used to be a fairly regular drug user, and she is adamant that he intended to commit suicide. She basically said that when you're a junkie or even a regular recreational drug user, you know what to mix and what not to mix, and that she finds it very hard to believe he would ingest that combination of drugs and not intend for it to be fatal.

One thing that I thought of is that he probably also had tons of handlers who were warning him of the possible effects of mixing certain drugs (probably more for image-control than his safety, but still), so he was probably MORE aware than the average drug user of the dangers. I just find it hard to believe that he could be so clueless as to the possible consequences of mixing all of those drugs.
    I agree with your entire post. It's like suicide was ruled out because there was no note - but not everyone writes one.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffMaker View Post
    Who gives a fyck? I don't! He's dead now. He took a chance at suicide every time he snorted, popped a pill, or took a hit of something, hell smokers commit slow suicide everyday! I'm so over Heath and his dumb azz actions!
    'Witcha all the way! Talented dude. Waste of his life. Over it.

Thread Information