Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman pregnant and drinking at the Oscars

Post Nicole Kidman pregnant and drinking at the Oscars

February 26, 2008 -- OSCARS. Boozing backstage during the Oscarcast is a no-no. But if you're pregnant Nicole Kidman it's a yes- yes. She wanted white wine. She got it. . . .

OSCAR WHISPERED RIGHT INTO MY EAR - New York Post

- I guess there is still debate over how safe drinking during pregnancy is. I have my own views on the issue. Though I do have to say, for a woman who has had a miscarriage before, I don't think this was a particularly smart idea.
    ssabmud

Does she want to possibly have another miscarriage?

Well..I'd be really scared to even drink if I was her...mostly since she has had a difficult time getting pregnant..and I thought it was okay toward the second trimester? How far along is she???

Unless she downed a bottle she's probably fine having
    a few sips. I guess caffeine is the big thing now to
    also avoid while pregnant.

A*O

Here we go again. Another "if you eat or drink anything except bread and water during pregnancy your baby will DIE". Before the days of safe drinking water women drank alcohol (beer, wine) because that's all there was. And yet, here we all are many generations later fit, healthy and breeding like rabbits. If you don't want to drink when you are pregnant, fine. If you like an occasional glass of wine that's fine too. It's funny that the women who most strongly support a woman's right to choose about abortion are usually the same women who huff and puff about drinking the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy. That's a right to choose issue too IMO and nowhere near as fatal to the baby as abortion.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ Haha, well they seem to think so... Hell I'd like a damn drink right now, since it's been mentioned!

I'm quite sure my martini swigging mom had many many many drinks
    whilst preggers with me, not to mention the smoking too.
    Yikes. I'll admit to having a glass of wine with dinner while
    pregnant. I'd be more worried about the botox flowing through
    her veins.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Here we go again. Another "if you eat or drink anything except bread and water during pregnancy your baby will DIE". Before the days of safe drinking water women drank alcohol (beer, wine) because that's all there was. And yet, here we all are many generations later fit, healthy and breeding like rabbits. If you don't want to drink when you are pregnant, fine. If you like an occasional glass of wine that's fine too. It's funny that the women who most strongly support a woman's right to choose about abortion are usually the same women who huff and puff about drinking the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy. That's a right to choose issue too IMO and nowhere near as fatal to the baby as abortion.

exactly!
    i'm so sick of the puritanical pregnancy inquisition brigade. i'm guessing these bitches have way too much free time on their hands and no life so they spend their times going after women that *shock* don't view pregnancy as some kind of disease and actually go about their normal lives, including drinking the odd glass of wine.
    so far people are much more relaxed about these things in europe but i guess it's only a matter of time before the paranoid hysteria crosses the atlantic.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I am absolutely certain the reason women have been programmed to believe that drinking at any time during pregnancy will kill their baby comes from doctors who are terrified of being sued if they don't warn neurotic expectant mothers about everything that might have a million to one chance of having an adverse effect. Personally, I think using a mobile phone with all that deadly radiation is probably more risky. But as I say, it's a personal choice - just don't start lecturing other women who choose otherwise.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

i saw this story on perez, so i call BS.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

There's nothing wrong with drinking a little during pregnancy. Totally agree with you guys.

I thought wine was ok during a pregnancy, in small amounts? I have never been pregnant though so I don't know.
    What I do know is that her lips are fucked up beyond recognition

I don't give a shit if she's pregnant and having a glass of wine, what I care about is that her hubby CANNOT have a glass of wine. Wonder what she would do if HE wanted one?????
    She'd freak.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I am absolutely certain the reason women have been programmed to believe that drinking at any time during pregnancy will kill their baby comes from doctors who are terrified of being sued if they don't warn neurotic expectant mothers about everything that might have a million to one chance of having an adverse effect. Personally, I think using a mobile phone with all that deadly radiation is probably more risky. But as I say, it's a personal choice - just don't start lecturing other women who choose otherwise.
    actually, my doctor was the one who told me that I could have a drink occasionally when I was pregnant. He also told me that I could take *gasp* cold medicine!! Best doctor ever - never blew any smoke up my ass.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I also noticed the ones who scream the loudest of what a pregnant woman should do or not do are people with no kids of their own.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information