Thread: Tilda Swinton brings the lover to the Oscars; husband stays home

Elite Member

Default Tilda Swinton brings the lover to the Oscars; husband stays home

FOR ALL THE TILDA FANS HERE'S SOMETHING FROM THE DAILY MAIL:

Last updated at 17:48pm on 25th February 2008

Oscar winner Tilda Swinton drew a standing ovation as she accepted Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film Michael Clayton.
    But her biggest fan was sitting right next to her.

Sandro Kopp, circled, is one of two men that Swinton shares her life with. The other John Byrne, 68, the father of her twin boys, stayed home

Tilda sat with 29-year-old Kopp in the audience at today's ceremony, and he was the first to congratulate her on her win.
    The 47-year-old actress was a surprise winner, beating Cate Blanchett in the best supporting actress category, for her role as a hard-bitten corporate lawyer in Michael Clayton.
    She was pictured on the red carpet with her son, but clearly fearing widespread publicity over her unconventional romantic life, kept German-born artist Sandro, who she travelled to Los Angeles with, away from the media glare.

The actress was the surprise winner of the best supporting actress Oscar, but her win is bound to put her unusual love-life under the spotlight

Tilda arrived at the ceremony with one of her ten-year-old twin boys, and her 29-year-old artist lover Sandro Kopp but didn't walk the red carpet with him

Artist Byrne, is her partner of 18 years, and she met her German artist lover Kopp on the set of the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
    Last month she finally spoke out about the couple's complicated relationship, following a spate of rumours on the internet.
    She described Mr Byrne, a director and artist, as a "phenomenal father" and said: "We are the best of pals and adore being parents and are devoted to that project.
    "We ostensibly live in the same house, but I travel the world with another delightful painter."
    That would be Kopp, who describes himself as a travelling painter with bases in New York, Paris, Germany, New Zealand and Rome.
    He met Swinton when he worked on The Chronicles of Narnia, both as a performer and as a visual artist. She took on the role of the White Witch for the films.
    Swinton, met Byrne in 1985. Five years later they fell in love when she played the stroppy, butch cowgirl in Your Cheatin' Heart, the follow-up to his acclaimed TV series Tutti Frutti, which was set in the Fifties.

He had designed the set of a play she was appearing in at the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh.
    They first began a relationship in 1990, after he left his wife. Byrne left his wife and the couple set up home in London, before moving to Tain and later to Nairn, near Inverness.
    Byrne agrees with Tilda's summation of their unusual relationship: "We're amicably living together in the same house, under the same roof. It's extraordinary.
    "We love each other too, in an extraordinary way. We have always been the best of chums and will remain the best of chums for the rest of our lives.
    "We love our children and our children love us. The rest is personal".

I think she is in love with two men. How very Tilda

Ummm, Tilda doesn't have a husband.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Whatever turns her on. I had never heard of her before the BAFTA awards.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

She is very weird looking. What does she have against makeup...or appearing to have eyelashes?
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

It sounds like her and the 68 year-old partner are over the relationship, but continue to live together for the sake of their kids. It doesn't really sound like they're together together anymore.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I love her! She had one of the best speeches! Ted Casablanca asked her about this backstage and she said that she wasn't married to Byrne so there shouldn't be any issue. Or something to that effect.

She is very Bowie-esque.

ηαтαℓιε
    wнo ѕayѕ noтнιng ιѕ ιмpoѕѕιвle. ι've вeen doιng noтнιng ғor yearѕ

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Good onher for being sensible about the situation and for getting that young hottie into her bed. This woman is quickly becoming my hero.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    She is very Bowie-esque.

He's much cuter, though.

I will say it's rather cool she's got almost a forty year spread going on with her fellows. Best of both worlds, I guess...?!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

It's true. Men do it all of the time.
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

I think that very mature. So they probably live together for the sake of the children and get along just fine both knowing they are in love with somebody else. But the children do not need to commute from one parent to the other.

Thread Information