Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin reunited with the daughter, 12, he called a 'rude pig'

Default Alec Baldwin reunited with the daughter, 12, he called a 'rude pig'

Alec Baldwin has been enjoying some rare quality time with his daughter Ireland.

It's the first time the 30 Rock actor has been photographed with the 12-year-old since his infamous voicemail rant last year, when he was heard calling his daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig".

Baldwin has been battling his ex-wife Kim Basinger for custody of Ireland since their acrimonious divorce in 2002 after nine years of marriage. Scroll down for more...
    Family time: A smiling Ireland looks happy to be spending time with her father Alec Baldwin, hiding behind rented DVDs in Los Angeles on Friday

The 49-year-old actor went to court claiming the L.A. Confidential actress, 54, had breached their custody arrangement, by blocking his visitation rights.

Baldwin was embarrassed last April when a two-minute voicemail message left for his daughter was leaked onto the internet.

In the tape, Baldwin criticised his daughter for failing to answer the pre-scheduled phone call and labelled Basinger "a thoughtless pain in the a**".

He made a public apology to his daughter, explaining his inappropriate message was due to being "driven to the edge" by his custody battle with Basinger.
    He wrote on his web site: "I have a normal relationship with my daughter." Scroll down for more...
    Quality time: Alec Baldwin has flown from New York to Los Angeles to see his 12-year-old daughter Ireland

"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child.
    "I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened."
    After last year's drama, it appears the couple may have come to an agreement after Baldwin flew from his New York home to spend time with Ireland in Los Angeles.
    The father and daughter were all smiles on Friday as they drove to Blockbuster in Woodland Hills, to rent DVDs of 'Vacancy' and 'Across the Universe'.
    Despite his daughter living in California with her mother, Baldwin continues to live in New York after declaring he hates the golden state.
    When the politically-active actor was asked if we would consider running for office in California, he replied: "Then I would have to live in California. And who wants to live in California?"
    Motherly love: Kim Basinger and Ireland with a bodyguard pictured last year. The actress hired security to protect Ireland from media attention stemming from her father's voicemail rant

Alec Baldwin reunited with the daughter, 12, he called a 'rude pig' | the Daily Mail

i totally blame Kim Basinger for all the shit that this poor daughter has gone thru. i dont excuse what Alec said, but come on, what parent hasnt said something they regret? Kim has dragged this shit thru courts for something like 10 yrs now. i feel sorry for the daughter. there's a reason kids kill their parents.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow, I don't know if it's normal for fathers to rant to their daughters about being pains-in-the-asses and rude little pigs, but that's not how it was in my family. If I was her I wouldn't be too eager to spend time with him.

I've had moments I'm not too proud of. I lost my temper a few weeks ago and told my 6-yr old to shut up. I would go to the ends of the earth for this kid, but sometimes you slip up and say something you don't mean.

I'm not a fan of his, but I can see how an angry rant to a spoiled child might go this far.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

This guy just looks volatile to me.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Oh hell, my father called me alot worse than that and I never held it against him and wasn't traumatized by it. I'm sure the kid knows he was frustrated - after all, kids aren't stupid; she knows what's been going on

Don't care who is to blame, how terrible the divorce is, etc. That child is going through enough shit as it is. What he said to her is completely wrong . There is no excuse for what he said.

A rude thoughtless little pig is hardly the worst thing he could have called her. Perhaps she was being a rude thoughtless child. I don't have a problem with a parent scolding a child for unacceptable behavior. I think more should.

Perhaps a poor choice of words adding pig to the sentence, but no permanent damage done. My mother told me (more than once) I was being a bitch when I was a teen, and we have a great relationship. It didn't send me to therapy.

Parents are human.

Basinger should have kept that tape private. It was a family issue, and didn't need to be out to the public. That's way more traumatizing.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; February 25th, 2008 at 09:02 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i totally blame Kim Basinger for all the shit that this poor daughter has gone thru. i dont excuse what Alec said, but come on, what parent hasnt said something they regret? Kim has dragged this shit thru courts for something like 10 yrs now. i feel sorry for the daughter. there's a reason kids kill their parents.
    I completely agree. Plus the fact that it had to be Kim who leaked the voice message to the media. Who else had access? I think she's tried to make Alec look like the bad guy, while she plays the innocent in all this. Although i believe that Alec probably has a bad temper, I think Kim pushes his buttons to make him react the way he does. If someone tried to keep me from my child, you better bet I'd have a bad temper. I think Kim is the root of most of the problems. I feel terrible for Ireland to be caught in the middle.

A ten year custody battle is a bit much.

Kim and Alec or both at fault for whatever this girl goes through. You'd think they'd be selfless enough to see how their constant fighting would be affecting her, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    A ten year custody battle is a bit much.

Kim and Alec or both at fault for whatever this girl goes through. You'd think they'd be selfless enough to see how their constant fighting would be affecting her, but no.
    This is very true.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

My mom called me a snotty little bitch once!!

Honestly my parents said worse things to me growing up if I did something I wasn't supposed to. But then again I got detention all the time and was always acting out, so they didn't know what to do. I'm sure she'll turn out fine in the long run, and I've heard other parents call their kids much worse things too. It's not as if she's being beaten.

That's not to say that I condone what he said, but sometimes parents lose their tempers and say things they don't mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    This guy just looks volatile to me.

All of the Baldwin brothers look volatile.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Am I the only one here who wasn't called nasty names by his/her parents, and who thinks that isn't normal? You *can* discipline a child without calling them inappropriate names.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information