Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another revelation from Valerie Bertinelli

Talking Another revelation from Valerie Bertinelli

Valerie Bertinelli is unleashing more bombshells about her life to Oprah Winfrey – including her early dating history with ... Steven Spielberg?

Bertinelli, 47, who also admits on the Feb. 25 episode that she and ex-husband Eddie Van Halen cheated on each other, tells Winfrey about her early romance with the Oscar-winning director in the pre-Van Halen days.

"I went up to read for Raiders of the Lost Ark which I was so wrong for," Bertinelli says. "And the next day I got a call and some flowers ... [Spielberg] asked me out. We went out a few times ... And did more."

The Jenny Craig spokeswoman is appearing on the talk show to promote her new tell-all book, Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time. As for why she chose to reveal so much about her life, Bertinelli told Winfrey it was a logical next step.

"I just figured, if they're going to watch me lose 40 lbs. and I'm going to be embarrassed that way, and there's going to be fat-ass pictures of me with my butt hanging out in Hawaii, I thought, 'Why not let the inner me out, too?'" Bertinelli said. "Because the inner me is, I hope, prettier than the outer me."

Click on link for video.

Valerie Bertinelli: My Early Romance with Steven Spielberg - Oprah Winfrey, Valerie Bertinelli : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Blah blah blah blah.
    This woman came out from nowhere and seems to think we are actually interested in her.
    Go away!!

Quote Originally Posted by venue_26 View Post
    Blah blah blah blah.
    This woman came out from nowhere and seems to think we are actually interested in her.
    Go away!!
    No kidding. Shut up and go back to making your cheeseball Lifetime movies.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I don't wanna hear about her sex life.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

i'm not sure how i feel about her anymore. i liked her when i thought she was a virgin
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Aww, I like Valerie!

Poor Val, if she loses that extra 50 lbs, she'll be able to get back into the dating pool again and pick up a few hot waiters!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I liked her on the show she was on.

I had no idea that she dated Spielberg but I didn't necessary want to know more than that. Somehow I don't consider Spielberg a sexual being, though he obviously is.

Quite honestly, I'd rather read a tell-all book by her ex, Eddie Van Halen. I am positive it would be much more interesting...can you imagine the life he must have had on the road?

The ONLY interesting thing there has ever been about Valerie was Eddie and now they're divorced, so she needs to go away!

I don't understand how anyone can share their soul on national TV. I couldn't even do it in the psychiatrist's office.

There are some things I want to keep for myself, I don't want people to know about my life. I'm guarded. So I cannot understand how she can so freely speak about hers - or how any celebrities can for that matter.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can share their soul on national TV. I couldn't even do it in the psychiatrist's office.

There are some things I want to keep for myself, I don't want people to know about my life. I'm guarded. So I cannot understand how she can so freely speak about hers - or how any celebrities can for that matter.
    What did Warren Beatty say about Madonna in Truth Or Dare about why would she do anything off-camera? Celebs are who they are because they want the world to know everything about them....when it benefits them some way, like a new movie, CD, book etc..

Maybe certain celebs like to yap about everything there is to tell about themselves because they are so self-absorbed; they find themselves so interesting, they assume that everyone else must feel the same way about them. It's an ego thing, too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    Maybe certain celebs like to yap about everything there is to tell about themselves because they are so self-absorbed; they find themselves so interesting, they assume that everyone else must feel the same way about them. It's an ego thing, too, I think.
    Exactly. How awful it must be for them when we arent awed by them, and dont care less about who they think they are.
    Jack I swear.

I dunno. I'm not gonna slam her because she has no history that I know about of being an attention whore etc....I think she's just hit midlife and is unburdening a bit. As long as she doesn't overdo it, I'll save my loathing for the more serious abusers of my good nature.

That said...Spielberg? heh. heh. She was a cute lil thang back then. Good taste on his part, pretty much. (And no brainless modelizing! excellent!)
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Exactly. How awful it must be for them when we arent awed by them, and dont care less about who they think they are.
    In their eyes, I don't think it occurs to them, they are so full of themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information