Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etta James is going to teach Beyonce a thing or two

Default Etta James is going to teach Beyonce a thing or two

Etta James speaks exclusively with Page Six

Beyoncé is going to have the best coach in the biz when she takes on the role of Etta James in Cadillac Records, a forthcoming movie about Etta's life. The legendary singer tells PageSix.com exclusively that she's going to be advising the "Bootylicious" star herself.
    "It's a privilege and an honor to have somebody like that girl. I don't think she looks like me, but that's all right. They can fix that up," Etta tells us.And appearance isn't all Beyoncé will have to work on.
    "Oh my god, she's going to have a hill to climb, because Etta James ain't been no angel!" she says.
    Producers have informed Etta that she'll get the chance to consult with the 26-year-old Destiny's Child star, giving her pointers on both the acting and the singing — the latter being something the "At Last" singer was most concerned with when she got wind of the casting.
    Of her many hits, Etta feels, "I have my own way of putting those songs over, and I was just wondering if Beyoncé could, and my son said, 'They're thinking about how she looks, but mama, she can really sing!'"
    It was the Dreamgirls star's performance at the Grammys earlier this month that won Etta over, when Jay-Z's main squeeze rocked "Proud Mary" with Tina Turner.
    "I kinda have a man's voice. It's a contralto, more bluesy, religious. I would really like to work with her on that," the 70-year-old songstress says.
    Of her life lessons, Etta, who battled heroin addiction for many years, says, "I can tell Beyoncé some things; some of the things I might not tell her."
    She does stress that the emotional transformation Beyoncé must undergo will have to be a little intense.
    "I wasn't as bourgie as she is, she's bourgeois. She knows how to be a lady, she's like a model. I wasn't like that... I smoked in the bathroom in school, I was kinda arrogant, so those are some of the things I would want to tell her."
    The flick will co-star Adrien Brody (reportedly replacing Matt Damon) in the role of music exec Leonard Chess, as well as Cedric the Entertainer and Jeffrey Wright.
    The meeting between the divas will be happening soon, as sources tell us filming is scheduled to start on March 10 in New Jersey, with two days on location in Mississippi.

Etta James speaks exclusively about Beyonce playing her in 'Cadillac Records'
    & not a single fuck was given...

dead yet?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    dead yet?

UGH, so the rumors were true??? Etta must have done too much heroin if she's on board with this!

& not a single fuck was given...

No, no, NO!!!!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"It's a privilege and an honor to have somebody like that girl. I don't think she looks like me, but that's all right. They can fix that up," Etta tells us.And appearance isn't all Beyoncé will have to work on.
    A privilege and an honor to have Beyonce play her? Either senility is setting in, or somebody needs to change Etta's diaper.

There is nothing wrong with Etta, she knows what she is talking about. Etta is a great talent, and never really got her due!! Etta looks great for 70, and her gastric bypass in 2003 where she went from 400+ to under 200lbs did her well. Beyonce will do a great job, even Etta son thinks so!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^Etta's son is just trying to suck up to Beyonce so he can taste some of her bootyliciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^Etta's son is just trying to suck up to Beyonce so he can taste some of her bootyliciousness.
    What has he been hanging with R. Kelly, and do Etta's son carry Skippy with him!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    What has he been hanging with R. Kelly, and do Etta's son carry Skippy with him!
    Beyonce's too old for R. Kelly. But if he wants to put a little piss in her weave, I say more power to him. Etta's son will just be left holding his Skippy jar in a cold shower.

Love Etta. I think she could teach us all a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Beyonce's too old for R. Kelly. But if he wants to put a little piss in her weave, I say more power to him. Etta's son will just be left holding his Skippy jar in a cold shower.
    Jay-Z will whoop his ass again!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Jay-Z will whoop his ass again!!
    I think Jay-Z might be too busy trying to keep his jump-off chick Rihanna from acting up in public again to worry about R. Kelly.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I hope Etta smacks her around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information