Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse performs at the BRIT Awards

Default Amy Winehouse performs at the BRIT Awards

The Brits got off to a spectacular start tonight with Take That taking the first accolade for best live act.

Accepting the award, Jason Orange said: "That's unbelievable. It's a wonderful things to us, we are so honoured.
    "We're still trying to dance at 37. There are the odd slipped discs and Howard got a punctured lung.
    Scroll down for more ...
    Crowd pleasers: Amy Winehouse

Sizzling: Kylie takes to the stage in a gold sequinned dress

"But here we are before you, battered and bruised, but dead chuffed."

The comeback kids went on to take Best Single for Shine after beating off tough competition from Leona Lewis, Mika, Mark Ronson and The Hoosiers.

The show opened with a show stopping performance from Mika and Beth Ditto who wore an astonishing fuschia ball gown performing on the "Glam" stage to the left of the vast arena.
    The Osbourne family - all four of them on stage like the Addams family - then introduced themselves as hosts with Sharon saying: "Now that's what I call a kick arse opening number".
    Next up to take an award was young singer Adele whose album 19 went straight to the top of the album charts.
    The clearly excited artist went on to thank a string of people, including her mother.

"My heart's beating," she said, clutching her chest after accepting the award from Will young. "It's really nice to be here." Scroll down for more ...
    Stunning start: Beth Ditto and Mika during their showstopping performance

The next winner Mika, who got Best Breakthrough Act, was far less reticent and bellowed into the microphone before launching into an excitable acceptance speech.

"I want to thank everyone who's worked like dogs to get us here today," he gushed, beaming widely.
    Pop princess Kylie Minogue was next to take to the stage for a high camp performance of her singer Wow.

After arriving in a plunging black strapless dress, the style icon had squeezed into a see-through sequinned gold dress.

She was backed by a platoon of eight dancers clad in metallic coloured jump suits and face masks.
    Ex Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland swept onto stage in a black gown to present Best International Male award to Kanye West.

The notoriously arrogant American superstar was not in London to pick up his award and instead had pre-recorded a video message.

Scroll down for more ...
    Award winners: Take That took best Live act

"I'm sure someone deserves this more than me," he quipped, "But I'm not sure who.
    "I've tried this humility thing but I don't like it, it doesn't feel natural."
    Superstar DJ Mark Ronson was the next winner and took Best British Male.

His win was the most popular of the night to this point with rapturous applause from a fired up audience.
    "I've never felt so British or so male in my entire life," he said. "It's just amazing." Scroll down for more ...
    Shoeless: Diva Leona Lewis stunned the Brits audience with her performance

"I'd just like to say thank you to everyone here."
    He also thanked his some-time co-singer Amy Winehouse and his father for playing so much music "with trumpets in" when he was younger.
    Alicia Keys, Bjork, Feist, Kylie Minogue and Rihanna slogged it out for Best International Female.
    But it was the pop princess' night and the diminutive diva went on stage to receive the prize - and a lingering hug - from the ever-dashing David Tennant, who was her co-star in Dr Who at Christmas.
    For several moments Kylie, 39, was unable to speak for applause and seemed to teeter on the edge of tears.

"This is just incredible," she said. I'm overcome. I'd just like all of you for supporting me over the last few years.
    "I'm just extremely grateful and thankful"
    X Factor winner Leona Lewis' performance was one of the highlights of the evening.

Wearing a spectacular purple dress, the singer stole the first half of the show with her smash hit single Bleeding Love.
    Foo Fighters won Best International Group and also picked up Best International Album but were not in London to collect the accolade.
    Kate Nash saw off fierce competition from Bat For Lashes, KT Tunstall, Leona Lewis and PJ Harvey for Best British Female.

Scroll down for more ...
    Second helpings: A quick change and Amy Winehouse was back on stage to sing again

Fresh from taking Best British Male, Mark Ronson performed a spectacular set - with guest spots from the biggest names of the night.
    The crowd broke into applause when Amy Winehouse joined him to perform their hit Valerie.

With trademark beehive pinned firmly in place and wearing characteristically figure-hugging clothes,Amy clearly delighted fans.

Moments later she was back on-stage to sing Love Is A Losing Game from her album Back to Black.
    Despite appearing uncomfortable and erratic at times, the crowd obviously loved every moment of her comeback after a high profile stint in rehab.

Surprise winners of the night were the eccentrically dressed Arctic Monkeys who took Best British Album and Best British Group.

Vic Reeve, apparently drunk, had presented them with best album, but forgot what category he was there to present.
    Presenter Sharon Osbourne reacted by grabbing the statuette from him, twice telling him to "p*** off" and then calling him a "bastard".

But for many, the best act of the night was Sir Paul McCartney who closed the show after accepting his award for Outstanding Contribution to Music.
    "I was privileged to be in The Quarrymen, The Beatles and Wings." he said. "I just think British music is the best."
    The former Beatle appeared to have set aside the last fortnight which has seen the bitter battle with his soon-to-be-ex wife Heather Mills go to the divorce courts.

Instead Sir Paul gave a vintage performance which delighted fans old and new, accompanying himself first on the mandolin and then the piano.
    His thunderous rendition of Live And Let Die came complete with pyrotechnics and spectacular lights while the melodic Hey Jude soon had the whole of Earls Court on its feet. In the closing moments, he abandoned his piano stool to conduct the audience in a mass sing-song.

MALE SOLO ARTIST: Mark Ronson
    FEMALE SOLO ARTIST: Kate Nash

INTERNATIONAL MALE: Kanye West
    INTERNATIONAL FEMALE: Kylie Minogue
    GROUP: Arctic Monkeys
    ALBUM: Arctic Monkeys: Favourite Worst Nightmare
    BREAKTHROUGH ACT: Mika
    LIVE ACT: Take That
    SINGLE: Take That: Shine
    INTERNATIONAL GROUP: Foo Fighters INTERNATIONAL ALBUM: Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Amy's showstopping duet with Mark Ronson steals the show at the Brits | the Daily Mail

A*O

Kylie is REALLY looking her age these days. It suddenly happened.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Clips anywhere yet?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Nothing on Youtube yet. Was Amy sober?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Both of Amy's performances were great, she looked pretty sober to me

I really thought that Kylie was Joan Rivers. Not good.

^^^ haha!! i totally see that now

Joan Rivers?

Joan Rivers so harsh to Joan

Amy was real cute, she kept holding her skirt then her dress in her second performance while singing.

EL has the clips.

Crazy Days and Nights
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

LOL @ Joan Rivers. boy Kylie is looking rough now a days.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

DListed has Winehouse clips.
    I thought Kylie looks like Joan Rivers in that pic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I really thought that Kylie was Joan Rivers. Not good.
    I was JUST going to post that! I seriously thought it was Joan at first too!!

All 5 of those photos look like they belong on a comedy sketch.

And totally agree with you A.O, Kylie is definitely looking her age (and more, because of her stupid PS).
    ssabmud

I just watched a bit of Amy--she was twitching a bit during her performance, but she sounded good.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information