Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog the Bounty Hunter to return to tv

Default Dog the Bounty Hunter to return to tv

Fugitives You Better Run -- The Dog is BACK!

Posted Feb 19th 2008 12:37PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned that Duane "Dog" Chapman will be back in business and back on the air on A&E. Woof!

A network official confirms to TMZ that the show is going back into production, but they've not yet set a premiere date. As of now, they're gearing up -- big time -- in Hawaii and production will begin ASAP. Makeup artists and camera crews have been hired, and houses and cars have been rented, all for the return of the show.

A&E had suspended production on "Dog the Bounty Hunter" indefinitely after a recording surfaced featuring Chapman making racial slurs. Chapman immediately began a tour of forgiveness, working with CORE and other groups to promote racial equality. We're told network execs were "very pleased" with Dog's attempt to make amends and his reaching out to members of the African American community.

A&E isn't just making this decision out of the goodness of their hearts either. The show was insanely popular for the network, here and internationally -- airing in over 20 countries.
    Fugitives You Better Run -- The Dog is BACK! - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I guess it really is all about the money for A&E. I hope people boycott his show.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Not surprised that the show is coming back. I thought they were going to cancel it, even though I didn't think they should cancel it just because he said something stupid off-camera,

i couldnt watch it before, but only because of his ginourmous breasted wife and her spandex.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well i wont be watching this racist ass! fuck that shit!

but ill still be watching Intervention religiously!

Goodbye A&E won't be watching you ever again, sick.

I don't think any other TV network or cable station makes business decisions any differently, so you may as well stop watching TV all together. The bottom line trumps everything in corporate culture.

Elite Member

Boycott A&E!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Because the man said N***** he's a racist? Or because he said it and then apologized for offending someone who wasn't there he should be punished for it for the rest of his life?
    Forget all the good he's done, cuz dammit he called someone the N-word! but it's ok if a black person says it, yep, it's ok.

As long as I get to drool over sexy Leland, that's all that matters!

Hit By Ban Bus!

For the love of God, WHY? If I wasn't so lazy I'd email A&E and bitch about it. Damn. I was so gleeful when his shitty show was suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravindirt View Post
    Because the man said N***** he's a racist? Or because he said it and then apologized for offending someone who wasn't there he should be punished for it for the rest of his life?
    Forget all the good he's done, cuz dammit he called someone the N-word! but it's ok if a black person says it, yep, it's ok.
    I'm sure I'll get shit for it but I agree with you.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Because the man said N***** he's a racist?
    Um, yeah? What kind of decent, educated person uses that word? It's ugly and low-class. The earmark of a redneck.
    Let's not forget that he was bitching out his son for dating a black girl (the target of the N-word). That in itself reflects a concrete racist attitude.

but it's ok if a black person says it, yep, it's ok.
    No its not okay if a black person says it, its equally terrible - if not more, and disturbing and embarrassing. -a or -er, doesn't matter, its the same damn word. Its like saying 'gonna' and 'going to' don't have the same meaning. I despise that word, it makes us look like hypocrites.

mini rant over..

Quote Originally Posted by Cravindirt View Post
    He said the N word with no intention of malice at all. YEA RIGHT! When the radical muslims yell infidel, it is a term of endearment.

I don't like the word at all and I DON'T agree with ANYONE saying, but his use was along the same lines at any other racist.

What good has he done? He gets paid to find bail jumpers. It is not like he is doing it charitably. While he is working he preaches to everyone, then goes back to his little base camp and calls other people nasty names. He is such a warm, caring, loving role model. Puh-fucking-lease!

As for black people saying it, think of it like this. If you go into your home and decide to break something, fine, its yours. If some stranger walked in off the street and did it, would you be angry?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information