Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman vows to never get married

Default Natalie Portman vows to never get married

Natalie Portman was spotted spending her Valentines day checking out the art exhibition ‘Reset’ at Hamburger Bahnhof while in Berlin for the 2008 Berlin Film Festival.
    She recently made a vow to never to get married, insisting she doesn’t need a piece of paper to prove she’s committed to her partner. She is unhappy with the government’s definition of marriage and can’t understand why she should apply the same rules to her own relationships. Portman slams the legal aspects surrounding the exchanging of marital vows branding it unfair that gay couples are not bestowed the same rights.
    She says, “I’m into monogamy. But I’m not really into marriage. I sort of hate the legal aspect of it. What does the state have to do with it? Why are they making rules that say my lover can stay in the United States if they’re foreign or share my health care benefits because I’m straight - but if you’re gay, you can’t have that?”
    Natalie is currently dating fashion designer Nathan Bogle.
    Natalie Portman Berlin
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Good for her!! I'm love her more and more every day. This is just one more reason to support Natalie

the first ones were Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend. Next Brad Pitt and now Natalie Portman. The stars might start to be a little bit original.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I completely agree with her perspective on marriage. I don't think a state-governed piece of paper should have the right to dictate and label my commitment to another person.

I'm sorry, but I find this statement to be fluff. If you're for gay marriage, just come out and say it. That's all that's necessary. Why is there this need to say "I'm not going to get married because other people who want to, can" bullshit. Because there are tons of polygamists that would qualify under that statement pure and simple. Is that really what people want? Just say you're for gay marriage and it needs to happen now, not 40 years down the road.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^I see your point, but I agree with her statement that the government shouldn't dictate or label our personal relationships. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Hit By Ban Bus!

People get married because they want to, they want the wedding and the dress and the cake, the reception, the pictures, etc.
    They don't get married and think "oh my god, we need this piece of government issued paper to solidify our relationship!"
    I'm really not concerned with what Portman, Pitt, or Theron have to say about marriage.
    I got married and I had a great time doing it. I wouldn't tell everybody to get married nor would I try to influence their decision because I want a little face time in the media.

And I don't get the fascination with this girl, her looks have always seemed blah to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^I see your point, but I agree with her statement that the government shouldn't dictate or label our personal relationships.
    The "government" does not label personal relationships per se. There are plenty of people who have gotten married for reasons other than love through the ages.

Marriage is a contract between two people. The government is there to arbitrate, if necessary, between two parties.

I don't understand her attitude of being self sacrificing because she believes in gay marriage.
    I absolutely support gay marriage, but I got married anyway.
    You can support gay marriage and still get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravindirt View Post
    People get married because they want to, they want the wedding and the dress and the cake, the reception, the pictures, etc.
    They don't get married and think "oh my god, we need this piece of government issued paper to solidify our relationship!"
    I'm really not concerned with what Portman, Pitt, or Theron have to say about marriage.
    I got married and I had a great time doing it. I wouldn't tell everybody to get married nor would I try to influence their decision because I want a little face time in the media.

And I don't get the fascination with this girl, her looks have always seemed blah to me.
    However, I know a number of people that got married a lot earlier in their relationships because one of them was a foreign national/alien (as you say in the US)....

I'm still surprised that in the UK (with their lack of prenups) allowed a civil legally binding commitment "marriage" where as the US doesn't....

I refuse to get married again. That's just because I have grown to love my freedom and having experienced the invisible shackles, I know better than to lock them and swallow the key.

She has always set off my gaydar anyway.

How can you say you don't believe in marriage (it's just a piece of paper), but support gay marriage? Her reasoning seems flawed. You can tell she is very full of herself, and I find her very annoying.

^I thought the same thing too!

She'll be married within the next 3 years.

^^ Or pregnant =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information