Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus is a terrible role model

Default Miley Cyrus is a terrible role model

Consumer Reports (via OK! Magazine) is really, really mad at Hannah Montana. Like they aren't going to text or IM her for at least a week. Yeah, they are pissed! They are angry over a little scene in her new 3D concert movie. No the scene doesn't involve drinking, drugging or sexing! It involves seat belts!
    They are calling Miley out for a scene in the movie where she's riding in the back of a Range Rover with her daddy. Neither of them are wearing seat belts. The driver should have hit the breaks really hard and watched the Cyrus' fly! Hey! Every good movie needs an action sequence. They even could have gotten that "stunt Hannah Montana" to do it.
    Consumer Reports writes:
    According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in about 55 percent of passenger vehicle fatalities in 2006 (the latest data available), the occupants were not wearing seat belts. Even worse, in the 13- to 15-year-old age group, that percentage climbs to 65 percent. Unfortunately, we’re not surprised by these grim statistics because a 2002 survey by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety showed that when parents were dropping teens off at school in the morning, nearly half the teens weren’t using seat belts.
    It seems to us that Miley, her father, and Disney had a perfect opportunity to help influence teens and counteract—rather than encourage—this trend. Then again, as Hannah herself sings, "Everybody makes mistakes." Maybe Hannah, Billy and Disney, will take a tip from the rest of Hannah’s song and get it right next time around: "Nobody's Perfect! I gotta work it! Again and again 'til I get it right. Nobody's Perfect!"
    Oh snap! They are fucking peeved with lil' Miley. They are even bringing the statistics out. I agree with them, so let's banish Miley for good! Send her to the place where all child stars go....Vh1!
    Pop Hustle: Miley Cyrus Is A Terrible Role Model

President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

No shit. She's 15 and already looks and acts like a ten cent hooker. Most people really don't have standards, anymore.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Here's an idea: stop looking to famous types as role models and teach our kids not to do it as well.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Here's another idea... Maybe family members should be the role models instead of celebrities. Gee, maybe kids would be more stable if they actually looked up to a good and decent family member for inspiration, instead of a plastic celebutard whorebag.

^^Agree wholeheartedly.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I dont think it's fair that parents dont teach their kids and then blame it on celebs for being bad role models

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Parents can teach their kids what is right all day long but kids are naturally going to look at celebs and want to follow them.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Here's an idea: stop looking to famous types as role models and teach our kids not to do it as well.
    exactly! finally some common sense. since as far back as i can remember, my mother always told us not to believe anything about celebs and actors, that it was all fakeness and lies and fantasy and that they are not to be looked up to or admired. it's one thing to like a show and enjoy it but we were always told not to take any of it seriously.
    i just don't understand parents that let kids believe all the hype and have celebs as role models/idols and then having to ban the kid from watching their favourite show or listening to their favourite pop star and explaining why, when the celeb inevitably grows up and starts misbehaving. my mother, ever the realist, was more of the 'don't believe what's on tv, enjoy the show but remember that these people have to do horrible things to get famous, so don't buy into the hype' school of thought.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

why should she be a role model? people should raise their on kids not count on Mily Cyrus to do it.
    All 15 year olds want to look grown up i dont think she is any different to any other 15 year old given that position.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my child has never watched any show and said "golly fucking gee, they don't wear seatbelts, guess I won't either". He knows who runs the show in my car and at my house & it ain't Hannah Montana...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Parents can teach their kids what is right all day long but kids are naturally going to look at celebs and want to follow them.
    Sure the kids might want to emulate them but it's up to you as a parent to explain to them the artiface that goes along with being a celeb and that what they see isn't what the truth is. Introduce them to other interests besides telly and movies and show them that inventing something that will rock the world is a hell of alot better than starring in some half-assed teen flick. Then again, this might backfire when they take over a small banana republic...

--Sinclair Lewis

haha. poor miley. they are going to do her like they did lohan.

And unfortunately she doesn't strike me as having half the brains of the lovely La Lohan so if she does go that way it's going to be more Britters than Lohan.

--Sinclair Lewis

^^ Lol

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    And unfortunately she doesn't strike me as having half the brains of the lovely La Lohan so if she does go that way it's going to be more Britters than Lohan.
    terds have more than half the brain of your girl.. not saying that miley's any smarter but she really pulls in an audience - a much bigger one than youknowwho
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information