Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ryan Phillippe talks about divorce, paparazzi and Abbie Cornish

Default Ryan Phillippe talks about divorce, paparazzi and Abbie Cornish

Ryan Phillippe goes shirtless as he solders on after a high-profile divorce made last year the worst of his life. Here’s a snapshot of the 33-year-old actor’s candid interview:

On if he’s slowing down his acting career: “I’ve had a lot of upheaval in my personal life. I wanted to take time to make sure that my kids were okay and to build a new life that was going to be suitable to being a single parent. Every once in a while you kind of want to take a step back and refocus to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons.”

On his divorce from Reese Witherspoon: “[It was] the darkest, saddest place I had ever been. It was a struggle—there were a good four or five months of not being able to get out of bed. It was the worst time in my life. [But] you get through it. It’s a process that’s not easy, but I get less and less sad about it every day.”

On his costar Abbie Cornish causing his divorce: “First of all, I wouldn’t answer that, but I would say that things are never as simple as it’s made out to be in the tabloid press. It was unfair for her to be called the names that she was, because it wasn’t about that. I don’t think an outside person can ever cause a divorce. I had difficulties in my relationship, and in my marriage, long before I ever met her.”

On his current relationship with Abbie: “She and I are close friends, and as far as if there is any future, that is not where we are at now. That is what other people like to say or like to assume. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a friendship, and we are getting to know each other in a really difficult situation.”

On the paparazzi affecting his daughter Ava: “It’s really scarring. It definitely does a number on my eight-year-old daughter. To hear her say that she worries about what she’s wearing when she leaves the house because she knows her picture will be taken…. She’s worried about friends at school who come up to her and say they see her in magazines. It’s a really disturbing environment to bring up a child in. You don’t know that when you are in your early 20s and you have your first kid. You don’t know how ugly it can get.”

On why he thinks the paparazzi still chase him: “[It’s] because I was married to the highest-paid actress in the world. Even though I’m not with her any longer, there is a certain amount of notoriety that I guess sticks beyond.”

Read the full article at WMagazine.com.

Just Jared

Cheating, lying (but hot) SCUMB!

What he said about Ava is really sad, no child at that age such have to worry about how she looks before she leaves the house.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    On his costar Abbie Cornish causing his divorce: “First of all, I wouldn’t answer that, but I would say that things are never as simple as it’s made out to be in the tabloid press. It was unfair for her to be called the names that she was, because it wasn’t about that. I don’t think an outside person can ever cause a divorce. I had difficulties in my relationship, and in my marriage, long before I ever met her.”
    What the fuck ever Ryan, you and Abbie are both cheating homewrecking hos, so shut the fuck up.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Oh that's right.. his movie with Abbie is coming out soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post

On his costar Abbie Cornish causing his divorce: “First of all, I wouldn’t answer that, but I would say that things are never as simple as it’s made out to be in the tabloid press. It was unfair for her to be called the names that she was, because it wasn’t about that. I don’t think an outside person can ever cause a divorce. I had difficulties in my relationship, and in my marriage, long before I ever met her.

I completely believe that.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^I do as well. Everyone I've ever known who cheated was not happy at home to start with. It doesn't escuse it but it is the reason it happens alot of times. And he sounds pretty together in this interview. The thing about his daughter is sad and sick.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

But I thought the stars were the ones calling the paps to take pics of them and their kids all the time? You mean that's not always the case?

I have a feeling being married to "the highest-paid actress in the world" had something to do with the divorce too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I have a feeling being married to "the highest-paid actress in the world" had something to do with the divorce too.
    ^ Yep i think so too. I remember at the MTV Movie Awards a few years ago Ryan made a "joke" about Reese being the bigger earner while they were presenting an award together. That definitely sent the gossip rags in overdrive. He said something along the lines of " I think you should present this award since you earn more money than me"

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    And her Oscar definately stung him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    And her Oscar definately stung him.
    Or she kept rubbing it in his face. She seems the type to me.

this couple was sooo gorgeous, i really have like a crush on Reese, she's so smart, sexy and natural, little girl's face, i just love this girl, and Ryan is pretty sexy too..so..? there will never be any fucking couple that last in business industry?..jeez..

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Cheating, lying (but hot) SCUMB!
    Yep, that pretty much covers it.

I think it's more likely that Ryan's insecure ego couldn't handle that his wife made more money and is a better actor than him. Somehow that makes more sense to me, especially given his public remarks about her and his cheating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information