Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Anonymous" protests several Scientology centers

Default The "Anonymous" protests several Scientology centers

The "Anonymous" Protests

The internet group known as "Anonymous" have planned several protests against the Church of Scientology today. The quiet protests will take place in Australia, Western Europe, Canada and the US. Anonymous declared war on Scientology last month by shutting down at least one Scientology site. Some Anonymous protesters wore masks at Sydney's protest, but most of them weren't wearing masks. About 150 showed up in Sydney and around 200 in Melbourne. Thousands of protesters are expected to show up in total at around 30 protests.
    The group said their protest will be non-violent and want to expose Scientology's "corrupt leadership. They said, "Our first major objective is the revocation of (the church's) tax-exempt status wherever it has managed to obtain one." They also sent out a "Call to Arms":
    We want you to be aware of the very real dangers of Scientology. We want you to know about the gross human rights violations committed by this cult. We want you to know about Lisa McPhearson. We want you to know about former members of Scientology's private navy, SeaOrg, who were forced to have abortions so that they could continue in service to the church. We want you to know about Scientology's use of child labor and their gulags. We want you to know about Operation Freakout and Paulette Cooper. We want you to know about Operation Snow White and Scientology's efforts to infiltrate the government of the United States of America.
    "We want you to know about all of these things that have been swept under the rug for far too long. The information is out there. It is yours for the taking. Arm yourself with knowledge.
    Be very wary of the 10th of February. Anonymous invites you to join us in an act of solidarity. Anonymous invites you to take up the banner of free speech, of human rights, of family and freedom. Join us in protest outside of Scientology centers world wide. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We will be heard. Expect us."
    Lisa McPhearson is a woman who died in 1995 while in the care of Scientology. Charges were dropped against the church in 2000.
    You can visit Xenu.net for more information.
    What's that I hear? It's Tommy Girl's high-pitched scream. Homegirl is pissed. Kirstie Alley is totally going to write another letter.
    The "Anonymous" Protests | Dlisted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Damn! They look like Mormons.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was thinking about going to the Hollywood Centre, but truth be told, I am too afraid of the Scientologists.

Are these people ex-Scientologists or just people who are against the cult?

Some are ex, some are simply against or have lost family members to it.

I guess for me, it's about the fact that I was raised in a pretty cultish environment, lost all of my family and friends when I left at the age of 18, and it still affects me 10 years later. I'd like to save anyone I can from a similar situation.

They look like anime characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    You can visit Xenu.net for more information.
    i just spent 4 hours on that site. holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    I guess for me, it's about the fact that I was raised in a pretty cultish environment, lost all of my family and friends when I left at the age of 18, and it still affects me 10 years later. I'd like to save anyone I can from a similar situation.
    Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that cherrypye
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

200 protesters of Scientology gather in Clearwater

The Associated Press

CLEARWATER, Fla. --
    About 200 people gathered in Clearwater on Sunday to protest against the Church of Scientology at its spiritual headquarters.

Protesters wore sunglasses, scarves and surgical masks, and held signs reading "Scientology kills" and "Religion is free, Scientology is not." They earned mixed reactions from passers-by.
    The demonstration comes on the birthday of the late Lisa McPherson, a Scientologist who died in 1995 while in the care of church staffers. A wrongful death suit by her family was a public-relations nightmare for the church for years until it was settled in 2004. Protesters carried a birthday cake and sang for McPherson, who was 36 when she died.
    A member of the church took photographs of the protesters, saying he wanted to document the protesters' activity.

200 protesters of Scientology gather in Clearwater - 02/10/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

Document the protesters' activity? Sure...

I just found this picture from one of the protests Didn't Twitchy make that same comment at some point?

Last edited by Mariesoleil; February 10th, 2008 at 06:53 PM.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Check out the intimidation techniques used by a Scientologist against protesters in Boston. I thought it might get ugly today too.

Can't get it to embed...here is the link YouTube - Scientology Attacks

cherry your link isn't working .
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I kept wondering how this went today. Hmmm...they look creepyish up there.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I just fixed it...sorry!

And thanks for the love, Mariesoleil. After lots of therapy, I finally have some relief, but sometimes I still wish I had been raised in a nice Agnostic household...LOL

At least my mom would still take my phone calls.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information