Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna and Lourdes Ciccone at a charity gala

Default Madonna and Lourdes Ciccone at a charity gala

It is only a couple of weeks since she was hiding bruised cheeks behind giant sunglasses.

But when Madonna emerged for her latest public appearance, she was shimmering.
    Observers said she looked almost as freshfaced as her 11-year-old daughter, Lourdes, who accompanied her to a charity gala in New York. Scroll down for more...
    Wonderful: Madonna at the gala. Admirrers likened her complexion to her 11-year-old daughter

Read more...

Her flawless complexion heightened speculation that the bruising she was so shy about last month may have been the result of cosmetic surgery.
    If it was, admirers at the gala were whispering that there could barely be a better advertisement for the procedure.
    It was certainly a spectacular contrast to the gaunt figure who mooched around a TV film set in London last May.
    It would suggest that growing old gracefully she turns 50 in August is not on her agenda. Scroll down for more...
    Tired and wounded: Madonna's different looks in different months

In a gold jersey Gucci dress, she outshone most of the glamorous guests as she hosted the New York event in aid of HIV and Aids orphans in Malawi.
    Gwyneth Paltrow wore a thigh-skimming pink Gucci dress accessoried with an enormous pink bow, while Jennifer Lopez, who is just days away from giving birth to twins, showed off her bump in a chocolate brown halterneck gown.
    The fundraiser, held in the grounds of the UN headquarters, raised 2.5million for the Raising Malawi charity but not without controversy.
    The UN distanced itself after officials discovered the founder of the African charity, Michael Berg, was also co-founder of the Kabbalah centre where Madonna worships.
    The singer herself surprised some of her A-list guests, including Tom Cruise, Demi Moore and Drew Barrymore, by launching into a diatribe against her critics.
    She looked close to tears as she said: "I have earned a reputation for many things pushing the envelope, for being a provocateur, for never taking no for an answer, for endlessly reinventing myself, for being a cult member and a kidnapper."
    The latter was a reference to criticism she attracted when she adopted Malawian toddler David Banda.
    The night before, however, the main topic of conversations was how Lourdes is every inch her mother's daughter.

The pop star arrived with her mirror-image companion in tow as she prepared to play host to a celebrity-studded event on the lawns of the United Nations to aid Malawi orphans, UNICEF and to inaugurate a new Gucci store.

Double take: With her daughter Lourdes in tow, Madonna arrived to host a party to raise funds for her charity in New York last night

Family ties: look alike Lourdes, 11, in New York last night; Madonna at the age of seven

On Wednesday night, she looked surprisingly radiant and made the most of her neatly toned figure with a clingy Gucci jersey dress.

Of course, the cause is very personal for Madonna - she and her husband, director Guy Ritchie, are in the process of adopting 13-month-old Malawian David Banda.

Guests were rumoured to have paid 1000 a ticket for the party, which attracted the likes of Tom Cruise and Katie and Demi Moore and husband Ashton Kutcher.
    Scroll down for more...
    So proud: The Queen of Pop held hands with daughter Lourdes, whose father is Madonna's ex Carlos Leon

Close Madonna pal Gwyneth Paltrow made a rare red carpet appearance, dazzling in a pink frock trimmed with an oversized bow.

Heavily pregnant Jennifer Lopez arrived with her husband Marc Antony, while Brooke Shields, Drew Barrymore, Dita Von Teese, Nelly Furtado and Rihanna added high-voltage glamour to the evening.
    Scroll down for more...
    Power couples: Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

A staggering 300,000 was paid for four VIP tickets to a Madonna concert, which were part of a package that included business class flights, two nights in the Ritz-Carlton and a private dance aerobics class with Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow.

It was one of seven lots on auction at Raising Malawi and Unicef, one of the biggest charity events in New York which took organiser Gucci a year to plan.
    Scroll down for more...
    Hollywood sweethearts: Gwyneth Paltrow and Drew Barrymore

Feeling hip: Burlesque star Dita von Teese; singer Alicia Keys

Madonna told the crowd: "I've earned a reputation for many things: pushing the envelope, for being a provocateur, for never taking no for an answer. For endlessly reinventing myself, for being a cult member, a kidnapper. For being ambitious, outrageous and irreverent. And for never settling for second best."

"I want you to feel as inspired as I do right now."

Fighting back tears, she talked about the courage of Malawi's people.

Scroll down for more...
    Off duty parents: Pregnant star Gwen Stefani arrived with her husband Gavin Rossdale, while new mother Salma Hayek walked the red carpet solo

Glamour: Supermodel Heidi Klum and the star of the new series Lipstick Jungle, Brooke Shields

Later, a mystery Japanese businesswoman bought the Madonna tickets. Businessman Arpad Busson bid 30,000 for Gucci fashion show tickets and the chance to have a bag named after him.

Lourdes narrowly missed out on tickets to American Idol and first-edition Harry Potter books, which eventually went for 47,000.

Salma Hayek outbid American Vogue editor Anna Wintour to pay 175,000 for a private hour playing football with David Beckham.

From shiner to shimmer: Madonna has skin like her daughter as she loses mystery bruise | the Daily Mail

Did she get friggin cheek implants!!!

And Gwenyth has a gorgeous stain on that hidous bow dress. Classy!

All that work on her face but she's still got ROOTS. Jeepers.
    But her face does look nice, and she is a vision in grey - except for the pit stain.

She DOES look better. But wtf is it with her and bleach blonde hair? Is she EVER going to realize it totally kills her complexion? If she wants to look younger, she should have her hair taken down into soft honey brown/chestnut shades. Duh.

Funny to see where Lourdes got the unibrow.

and Gwynnie's dress....HAHAHAHAHAHA. That bow is poking her in the chin. Love it!

I noticed Gwynnie's stain too!

and OMG...Madge's pit stain!!! Gross...

remember all the rumors from the 80's about how she was really stinky in person and always refused to wear anti-perspirant?? Guess some things haven't changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Did she get friggin cheek implants!!!

And Gwenyth has a gorgeous stain on that hidous bow dress. Classy!

Drool most likely. She looks like a fembot with no personality, and oh so bland.

Not liking this new trend of those short little shapeless dresses. Not flattering on anyone!

That is the most feminine Madge has looked....well...ever.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Mommy Dearest, please fix your daughters eyebrows.

Nice dress on Madonna. I see Lourdes still needs waxing. Salma looks pretty. You can't buy style Katie, you just can't. Dita looks like Rumer Willis. The rest are a big, rich, mess. More than anything, I'm thrilled to see Lourdes dressed age appropriately.

^^ ITA about the age appropriateness. Very nice to see.

How come does wee Tom have to go to raise money for other charities when the CO$ clearly has the corner on the market for helping people? I thought they knew stuff that everyone else didn't and could help in ways the rest of us can't even wrap our thetan (or is it non-thetan) (I get so confused with their terms) brains around. Why raise cash for a non-Sci organization?

holy crap, Madge got cheek implants.. a month ago you could grate cheese off them
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

lourdes has those nasty teeth like her mom. yuck!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Madonna's full cheeks were the first thing I noticed...

I wonder what Posh will make of Salma Hayek's "private hour of football" with David?

Salma Hayek looks great!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

awww at least madonnas letting herself age a little bit, around the eyes at least, and lourdes looks just like a little italian girl, i looked just like her at that age....but really awkward and ugly and i think i shaved my unibrow too cuz i didnt know about tweezers!

gyweth paltrow looks like the piece of trash she is and how does Heidi walk in those things?!!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information