Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger's cause of death released

Default Heath Ledger's cause of death released

Accidental Overdose

Heath Ledger's cause of death has been ruled as an accidental overdose by the NYC medical examiner. The office issued this statement:

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine. We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

That's a lot of fucking pills!

Heath's private funeral is expected to take place in Perth, Australia this Saturday.

Rest in Peace, Heath.....
    Dlisted
    No surprise.

yeah, 6 times the usual amount.. sounds totally reasonable to me, not a junkie at all..

Let the beatification of LedgerChrist continue!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Wow...that really is a lot of different drugs. Anyone here know anything about them? Are they all sleep enhancers? I've heard oxycodone referred to as hillbilly heroin, but not familiar with the others at all.

Would they announce if illegal drugs were found in his system if they didn't contribute to his death?

DAMN! That is a lot of drugs together... what kind of pills were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    Wow...that really is a lot of different drugs. Anyone here know anything about them? Are they all sleep enhancers? I've heard oxycodone referred to as hillbilly heroin, but not familiar with the others at all.
    I was prescribed hydrocodone before but I'm not sure what it was for. I think it was for a bad flu/cold or something I had once. It is strong though and in massive amounts I'm sure it could cause damage.

Damn. Heath was on all kinds of shit. And who is to say he wasn't tweaked out of his mind. Maybe his family pleaded with the Medical Examiner to keep mum about it and 'preserve' the memory of him...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oxycodone and Hydrocodone are narcotic painkillers. Diazepam and alprazolam are essentially tranquilizers. The other two are sleeping pills. So in other words, one HUGE downer cocktail.

I'm wondering what the painkillers were prescribed for. Injury? Chronic pain condition?

maybe it's just me but the drug usage doesn't really make me think less of him or find his death any less sad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm assuming oxycodone is the same as oxycontin (oxycontin as the brand name, it's pretty heavy stuff). Hydrocodone is a painkiller. It's like tylenol with codeine added. Diazepam is Valium (sedative), and pretty sure the other -pams would be sedatives too. Not sure what doxylamine is?

Bronze Member

Was he trying to kill himself with ALL those pills? The doctors must have warned him not to mix or take many. What was going on with Heathcliff Ledger?

Yeah, they were all prescription meds, but did he have an Rx for all of them?

Oxycodone is highly addictive and they don't give it to you for a sleep disorder.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I'm assuming oxycodone is the same as oxycontin (oxycontin as the brand name, it's pretty heavy stuff). Hydrocodone is a painkiller. It's like tylenol with codeine added. Diazepam is Valium (sedative), and pretty sure the other -pams would be sedatives too. Not sure what doxylamine is?
    My boyfriend was on Oxycodone for a bit after he was horned in the hand by a catfish. He barely tookthem and and a week or so after getting them tossed them away because he said they "seriously fuck you up".

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe it's just me but the drug usage doesn't really make me think less of him or find his death any less sad.

I agree

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Same here. He was still talented and looked like he loved his daughter and Michelle very much. He just fell into the wrong things and couldn't get out.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information