Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby to release rap album

Default Bill Cosby to release rap album

If you don’t know by now, Bill Cosby is not a fan of most rap music.
    I’m not either, so I don’t blame him, but apparently he is going to release a rap album.
    Seriously.
    According to All Hip Hop Cosby, “will address issues like proper parenting, teen pregnancy, drug abuse, Black-on-Black crime and the dropout rate in America’s high schools…Cosby’s album will not contain any profane language, nor will it offer any denigrating comments towards women. State of Emergency would be the 35th album for the legendary comedian, actor, who released his first album Bill Cosby is a Very Funny Fellow in 1963.”
    At least Cosby is doing something instead of just talking about it. Now the question is, will it sell?
    Bill Cosby To Release Rap Album To Address Issues | Celeb Positive - Black Celebrity Gossip, Positive Celebrity News, Black Celebrities
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

It'll sell if it's funny. If it's not, Bill is just going to look like a rapping Oprah.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

i really have come to detest St Bill. he really thinks that he is God.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

What's Bill Cosby going to rap about? Jello Pudding?

Wtf?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

he needs to add in a rap about inappropriate touch and infidelity

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is an ass. Anyone else remember when he was on Dr. Blowhard's show? There was so much hot air in the studio the audience nearly fainted from heat stroke.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Great a rap album by a 80 year old, the cover will be him making a funny face, and the content will be about Jello, and how the the black community should be ashamed of themselves. There will be a song on there too where he has a duet with his illegitimate daughter too...

Well if Paris Hilton can have an album, why not?

Rex Features

TV comedian Bill Cosby has confirmed the details of his first hip-hop album.

Cosby Narratives Vol.1: State of Emergency will feature the 70-year-old actor telling stories over a hip-hop, pop and jazz soundtrack, reports the Associated Press.

The actor admitted that he wouldn't actually be rapping on the tracks and said his music would be the "opposite" of many mainstream artists in the genre.

He said: "I do not rap on any of these things. I wouldn't know how to fix my mouth to say some of the words.

"[The album] is the opposite of what I think is the profanity for no particular reason, the misogyny for no particular reason.

"It really looks at the frustration and the anger that a young man may have."

The LP has been produced by Bill "Spaceman" Patterson. He admitted he was surprised when he was approached by the comedian, but believes the results are a success.

Speaking about Cosby's passion for rap, Patterson said: "He has always understood rap's potential, but he was appalled by the foul language and the misogyny - the way people used a medium that could be used to elevate people, to open their eyes and provoke thought."

Showbiz - News - Bill Cosby releases hip-hop record - Digital Spy

What an attention whore! Isn't he the one who demonized rap?

I would rather listen to Vanilla Ice's greates gangsta hits on loop than one minute of this man saying anything.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Bill Cosby has given me loads of laughs through the years and he did it without using one GD or one racist put down.

He's messed up, he's not perfect but he is a father figure to a lot of people and he is on the right track with his ideas.

Listen to what he says, I believe in marriage - supporting your children - getting a good education. I'm sick of cars driving through my neighborhood sprewing foul mouth rap.

People never like the truth when its shoved in their faces but Bill is right, things need to change.

^^Things need to change, true. One of those things is hypocrites pointing fingers. He believes in marriage, enough to cheat. He did support his children, giving them the highbrow lifestyle that left one of his girls a drug addict.

If you are going to call for social change, put your issues on the table, talk about how you are going to work on yourself, point out all the issues affecting society, and then, maybe then, I will listen.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If we wait for someone who isn't a hypocrite to point a finger no fingers would ever get pointed.. we are all hypocrites.

Bill supported his wife and family, he's lead a clean life as far as I know. He supported a child that wasn't his b/c he believed she might be. His life has been pretty much a open book.

He hid it all until the tabloids broke the stories. By then, he had to 'fess up.

There are some who are not going to hide what they have done and will admit the good, the bad, and the ugly. Some will even use their mistakes to help others. Cosby isn't one of them.

He is being a sanctimonious hypocrite. I am sure he can afford the stable charges for his high horse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information