Thread: Writer's Guild makes tentative deal

Default Writer's Guild makes tentative deal

The End is Near -- Studios and Writers Make a Deal

Hollywood went dark three months ago when the writers put down their laptops and walked off the set. The major sticking point for the WGA is compensation for programming distributed via the Internet, which eventually led to the complete breakdown of the talks in December.

With both parties walking away from the table (just in time for a long winter holiday), TV viewers were forced to watch reality television. Now, according to sources (via MSNBC), a tentative agreement has been reached, which could finish the script of this horror story by the end of the week.

TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    This is awesome, I was afraid a new show I like would never see daylight again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

wahoo this is great news!

Well I hope this strike ends soon. Question is, even if it ends this week, it doesn't mean we will have new shows next week. I wonder how long the delay would be to get the new shows written/shot/etc.?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I hate to be selfish, but I'm so over this writers strike. I hope they can get it resolved.
    ssabmud

The writers' strike has proven one thing to me. I wasn't addicted to TV as I imagined. I can honestly say I have not missed new shows for the past 3 months. The majority of my TV viewing is limited to old movies and classic comedies like TVLand and Nick @ Nite. There are a few shows I like (Law & Order, Brothers & Sisters, Desparate Housewives) but I don't think it would have bothered me if they had never returned.
    Playful~

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Well I hope this strike ends soon. Question is, even if it ends this week, it doesn't mean we will have new shows next week. I wonder how long the delay would be to get the new shows written/shot/etc.?
    It will take a few weeks for the writer's to write the new scripts for the upcoming episodes then it will take few more weeks for them to film and then edit everything. So even if the strike ends tomorrow it will probably be over a month before you get to see new episodes.

was about time.

I want my Gossip Girl back!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    It will take a few weeks for the writer's to write the new scripts for the upcoming episodes then it will take few more weeks for them to film and then edit everything. So even if the strike ends tomorrow it will probably be over a month before you get to see new episodes.

I remember hearing --when the strike had just started-- that even it had ended in the first month, no new shows would appear until January 2009. I tried to find a article saying that. There was an article that popped up when I searched on Yahoo from Yahoo that said this (based on what I could read in the little synopsis that pops up in the search results) but when I clicked on the article it was no longer available.

I don't watch tv, but I was beginning to worry about the slate of movies coming out in '09.

i'm sick of the writers strike. i'm one of the few that didnt back them. sorry
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    The writers' strike has proven one thing to me. I wasn't addicted to TV as I imagined. I can honestly say I have not missed new shows for the past 3 months. The majority of my TV viewing is limited to old movies and classic comedies like TVLand and Nick @ Nite. There are a few shows I like (Law & Order, Brothers & Sisters, Desparate Housewives) but I don't think it would have bothered me if they had never returned.
    I agree. It wasn't the writer's strike that woke me up though... it was getting a digital recorder Once I had control over when I watched my fave shows I found I rarely turned it on. So I've been enjoying the 'vacation' from TV, it's amazing how many other things I could find to do instead.

But even so I'll be glad to see an end to the strike, I really hate how things were just dropped mid-season and the networks feeling the need to space out the few complete shows they have. Instead of turning to reality tv they could get creative and pull out the half-aired shows they didn't give a chance, or in the case of mid-season programming (like Medium & Jericho) pull out the last few episodes of last season to catch us up. Or have a retro-night and air old shows or episodes of popular shows not yet on DVD.

Thread Information