Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katharine McPhee marries producer boyfriend

Default Katharine McPhee marries producer boyfriend

Singer-actress Katharine McPhee married producer Nick Cokas on Saturday in Beverly Hills, her rep Justin Gray Stone confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The 23-year-old American Idol season five runner-up and Cokas, 42, exchanged vows in a late afternoon ceremony at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.

"(Nick) is the love of my life," McPhee gushed to PEOPLE. "This is a once in a lifetime occasion and everything is just perfect."

McPhee wore a strapless ivory Manuel Mota gown and Neil Lane jewels (diamond and platinum chandelier earrings and diamond and platinum bracelets), while Cokas wore an Armani tuxedo. Fellow season five Idol contestants Kellie Pickler and Mandisa were among the 305 guests on hand for the nuptials.

McPhee and Cokas met in 2005 when they performed in a Los Angeles theater production of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Their union began as a friendship and blossomed when McPhee auditioned for American Idol later that year.

The two quietly got engaged last year when Cokas presented her with a custom-designed round brilliant cut platinum and diamond engagement ring.

McPhee recently wrapped filming the Anna Faris comedy I Know What Boys Like

Katharine McPhee Marries Producer Boyfriend - Weddings, Katharine McPhee : People.com

How long will this one last?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lucky bastard.

Well, finally. Hope she is happy...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So did she ever get any takers on the wedding pics she was hawking?

^ probably.... but not for the amount she was asking for. Can't really blame her for trying, girls gotta get publicity somehow!

She's very pretty, I hope there are a few pics of the wedding released. I'd like to see what her dress looked like.

19 years is a big age gap, especially considering she's still in her early 20s. But, hey, who knows - they might be married forever.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

... ...

Yes, yes most 23 year olds are perfectly ready to be married so young and to be married to someone almost twice your age seems like an even better idea.

Hmmm, well I was about that age when I married, so I can't really criticize, but doesn't this 'marrying your manager' stuffy happen alot with young celebs and doesn't it mostly end badly? For her sake I hope it doesn't go down that way.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Yes, yes most 23 year olds are perfectly ready to be married so young and to be married to someone almost twice your age seems like an even better idea.
    The romantics would say you can't help whom you love and that age is just a number. Blah blah. No way I would have married at 23 or been with someone old enough to be my father. Regardless, I hope this remains a happy union.
    Last edited by qwerty; February 2nd, 2008 at 09:56 PM.

ITA, I think she's foolish to be marrying someone twice her age when she's still young

Yea but remember this is a celeb we're talking about. Quite different to be young and rich and have the future secure financial wise, compared to young, out of school (or no school), with a low paying job, etc. etc. Each have different career goals, desires, etc. etc.

You have a way with sarcasm.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    ^ probably.... but not for the amount she was asking for. Can't really blame her for trying, girls gotta get publicity somehow!
    At the end of the People article: Check out next week's PEOPLE magazine for exclusive coverage and wedding pictures!

And he's not her manager either. Just a guy she met when they were doing a play together, pre-Idol.

Default Katharine McPhee gets married

Katharine McPhee Marries Producer Boyfriend

By Monica Rizzo
    Originally posted Saturday February 02, 2008 07:20 PM EST

Katharine McPhee and Nick Cokas Photo by: Mark Sullivan / WireImage Singer-actress Katharine McPhee married producer Nick Cokas on Saturday in Beverly Hills, her rep Justin Gray Stone confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The 23-year-old American Idol season five runner-up and Cokas, 42, exchanged vows in a late afternoon ceremony at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.

"(Nick) is the love of my life," McPhee gushed to PEOPLE. "This is a once in a lifetime occasion and everything is just perfect."

McPhee wore a strapless ivory Manuel Mota gown and Neil Lane jewels (diamond and platinum chandelier earrings and diamond and platinum bracelets), while Cokas wore an Armani tuxedo. Fellow season five Idol contestants Kellie Pickler and Mandisa were among the 305 guests on hand for the nuptials.

McPhee and Cokas met in 2005 when they performed in a Los Angeles theater production of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Their union began as a friendship and blossomed when McPhee auditioned for American Idol later that year.

The two quietly got engaged last year when Cokas presented her with a custom-designed round brilliant cut platinum and diamond engagement ring.

McPhee recently wrapped filming the Anna Faris comedy I Know What Boys Like.
    Katharine McPhee Marries Producer Boyfriend - Weddings, Katharine McPhee : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information