Thread: French President Nicolas Sarkozy marries Carla Bruni

Default French President Nicolas Sarkozy marries Carla Bruni

Carla Bruni is the new first lady of France, PEOPLE has confirmed.

Only nine weeks after meeting, and less than three weeks since telling journalists he was "serious," French President Nicolas Sarkozy and the ex-supermodel turned singer-songwriter wed in a civil ceremony Saturday morning morning in Paris.

The French President 53, who divorced in October, and the Italian-born Bruni were wed at 11 a.m. in the Presidential Office of the Elysee Palace, in a private civil ceremony before 30 family and friends.

Bruni, 39, who signed her wedding certificate "Mrs. Carla Bruni Sarkozy," wore a white dress and looked "ravishing as usual," according to Paris's 8th Arrondissement Mayor Francois Lebel, who officiated the 20-minute ceremony.

Family in Attendance

Bruni had a court of four bridesmaids. Her mother, Marisa Borini, and sister actress Valerie Tesdeschi-Bruni arrived by separate side entrances an hour before the ceremony, as did the groom's mother "Dudu."

Also in attendence, according to sources were the children of each from former marriages, including Carla's 6-year-old son, Aurelian Enthoven.

While dozens of paparazzi crowded around the French President's official residence entrances. Acting as witnesses for the couple were French businessman Francois Bazaire of the LMVH Groupe and Mathilde Agostinelli, communications officer for the Italian luxury goods firm Prada.

Among the guests were a select group of French showbiz personalities, reportedly including actor Vincent Perez.

The Elysee Palace has refused comment on the marriage reports, which began shortly before 1 p.m. on French radio and television.

The couple were introduced in November by French advertising tycoon Jacques Seguela and soon became a public item after an excursion to Disneyland Paris on Dec. 15.

Honeymoon Plans?

This is the second marriage for Bruni, who has been previously linked to Eric Clapton and Mick Jagger, among others. The twice-divorced Sarkozy became the first "bachelor president" of France's Fifth Republic in October, when his divorce from wife Cecilia Ciganer-Albeniz was announced by mutual decree just five months after he was elected.

The pair are expected to defer on a formal honeymoon but it's likely, according to sources, that Bruni will accompany Sarkozy on a visit to Romania on Monday.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy Marries Carla Bruni - Couples : People.com

Elite Member

There's no way this marriage will last. She's a gold digger and he's an idiot.

Word ^^
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

her family's worth more than sarkozy will ever be so i seriously doubt she's in it for the money. she's a power-hungry starfucker. and he's a pigheaded dwarf with an inferiority complex. ahhh, true love...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Holy shit - this happened fast. I read somewhere she is preggers too?
    ssabmud

How exactly is she associated with Pirelli tires? Her BIO father isn't part of that team, and her step dad and mom are in music right? Can someone explain?

The 'ol shotgun wedding. She must be knocked up, non?

Correctomundo....

Sarkozy's fiancee 'pregnant' as ex Cecilia delivers blistering attack on couple

by SARAH SANDS and IAN SPARKS - More by this author Last updated at 15:44pm on 11th January 2008 Comments (10)
    French president Nicolas Sarkozy's fiancee, former supermodel Carla Bruni, is pregnant with his child - less than two months after their high-profile relationship began.
    The news comes as Sarkozy's ex-wife Cecilia launched a blistering attack on the couple and the "slappers" that the president surrounds himself with.
    Bruni's pregnancy has been confirmed by doctors in Paris, French website minutes.fr reported last night. 20http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=507506&in_page_id=181 1
    but its in the Daily Mail... so its not really true.... reputable sources and all that....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    her family's worth more than sarkozy will ever be so i seriously doubt she's in it for the money. she's a power-hungry starfucker. and he's a pigheaded dwarf with an inferiority complex. ahhh, true love...
    He is repellent, non?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

She's stated many times that she doesn't believe in monogamy. She may stay, but I doubt he'll be her one and only. I must say, she's one of the hottest women ever. She doesn't look 40 at all. I saw a picture of her in a bikini and I swear she has a 20 year olds butt. Amazing.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    I must say, she's one of the hottest women ever. She doesn't look 40 at all. I saw a picture of her in a bikini and I swear she has a 20 year olds butt. Amazing.
    Yes, it's easy to have a 20yo butt at 40. Mine is like 16 at 44. All it takes is the gym and eating right. Hard work at the gym and really eating right. This can continue into the 60s and beyond.

The face is different. It's much more telling. Even with dermal fillers, lifting, and sun avoidance, the contours still change.

This is so bizarre and interesting. I love Carla Bruni's music, her voice is incredible: MySpace.com - Carla Bruni - Paris - Folk - www.myspace.com/carlabruni

I love 'Quelqu'un m'a dit' and 'Le plus beau du quartier.' Her French music is much better than her English songs.

I adore her music.

I give them a year, tops. I'm being rather generous, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    This is so bizarre and interesting. I love Carla Bruni's music, her voice is incredible: MySpace.com - Carla Bruni - Paris - Folk - www.myspace.com/carlabruni

I love 'Quelqu'un m'a dit' and 'Le plus beau du quartier.' Her French music is much better than her English songs.
    Wow i just checked out her myspace page and your right, she does have an amazing voice. Her music sounds like the female Jack Johnson.

Maybe they just really "like" each other

Thread Information