Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wesley Snipes accuses IRS of raping him, shakes fist; world asks "who?"

Red face Wesley Snipes accuses IRS of raping him, shakes fist; world asks "who?"

Updated at 7:30 p.m.) OCALA - After being indicted in 2006, actor Wesley Snipes sent a document to the Internal Revenue Service declaring he was a "nonresident alien" of the United States, refuting his Social Security number and warning that continued prosecution could lead to professional consequences for federal employees.

Among other things, the letter claimed the IRS deceives people to "terrorize, enslave, rape or pillage" taxpayers.

IRS Frivolous Return Program senior technical advisor Shauna Henline read excerpts of the document into the record during Snipes' tax evasion trial Thursday at prosecutors' direction.

In the 600-page declaration signed by Snipes and sent Dec. 4, 2006, Snipes said he had "no ill intent or malice" and didn't want to evade any lawful requirement to pay taxes. But he went on to say the government had "no lawful authority to impose any kind of criminal sanctions."

Snipes was indicted in a sealed indictment in April 2006. The indictment wasn't made public until October of that year.

Snipes declared he had no taxable U.S. income, making the IRS Form 1040 "absolutely the wrong form for me to file." He also claimed taxes withheld were "stolen funds."

He chastised the IRS and prosecutors, saying their position toward him was "simply false, fraudulent and misrepresenting."

The document also warned the government's "illegal collection action" would result in "significant personal liability" for those involved.

"Warning - pursuit of such a high profile target will open the door for your increased collateral risk," Snipes wrote. "I certainly don't believe this is in your best interest and can be avoided."

Snipes lawyer Robert Barnes said the actor didn't intend to threaten anyone.

"Not at all, not at all," Barnes said after court proceedings ended for the day. "A lot of it was very gentle."

The document was born of Snipes' frustration in trying to deal with tax issues for years and as a reaction to being indicted, Barnes said, adding that Snipes sent a copy of the document to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

"Part of his emotions are frustration, exhaustion," Barnes said. "The response was a 600-page letter. His whole point in the letter is, 'I've been trying to reach out to you guys for two years.'"

Snipes and codefendants Eddie Ray Kahn and Douglas Rosile are charged each with one count of conspiracy to defraud and one count of aiding and abetting the making of a false and fraudulent claim as part of an alleged tax fraud scheme. Snipes also is charged with six counts of willfully failing to file federal income tax returns.

Earlier Thursday, a letter from Kahn to Rosile showed an apparent rift between the two over money issues. Rosile had worked for Kahn's American Rights Litigators preparing tax returns, including Snipes'. For every tax refund that customers received, ARL was to receive 20 percent, with half of that going to Rosile.

The letter, dated Jan. 14, 2002, accused Rosile of calling Kahn a "hypocritical Christian" who took advantage of Rosile. Kahn's letter said Rosile received every dollar he was due and called Rosile ungrateful."

"We simply would not have used you for the work," Kahn wrote. "We would have hired another CPA or accountant that would have appreciated the opportunity we are offering."

Rosile was once a certified public accountant, but his certification was revoked in both Florida and Ohio in the 1990s.

IRS agent Kathleen Arth testified she investigated tax returns prepared by Rosile, including a large number citing the so-called "861 argument" that alleges American citizens don't have to pay taxes on money earned in the United States. Rosile made no effort to meet with her, even after she issued a summons compelling him to do so, she said.

The trial could be over by the end of next week. Prosecutors said they will call their last witness Friday morning. Senior U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges agreed to let Snipes' defense team start its case Monday, citing scheduling issues with witnesses. Snipes lead counsel Robert Bernhoft said he expected the defense case to last a maximum of two days, followed by the government's rebuttal case.

Snipes warned IRS agents: Back off or face 'increased collateral risk'
    Oh just pay them you big baby.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think he's going to be a strong contender for Douche of the Year 2008.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The anti-tax conspiracy oddballs must be loving him.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

oh boy is that man in trouble
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Wonder what he'd say if he had to pay HALF like Chilly??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think he's going to be a strong contender for Douche of the Year 2008.
    Wesley's always a strong contender for that top Douche/Asshole award. And everything he's going through is karma for beating the hell out of Halle Berry and screwing up her hearing.

Wesley was always a douche. He just happened to be a dick to a group of professional assholes.

He's going down.

Wesley Snipes-
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    world asks "who?"

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Wonder what he'd say if he had to pay HALF like Chilly??
    Yeah, I wonder. Cry me a river, Wesley!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

he's lost it.

IRS agent Kathleen Arth testified she investigated tax returns prepared by Rosile, including a large number citing the so-called "861 argument" that alleges American citizens don't have to pay taxes on money earned in the United States.
    What the hell? What kind of argument is this? And what did he say about being a nonresident alien? He doesn't live in the States? What a loser!

The IRS rapes everyone.

Come April, I'm gonna try the 861 argument. The 420 argument didn't go over so well last year, so I have to find something new.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

LOL. My eyes played tricks on me I thought it said Wesley Snipes accuses IRS of raping him with fist. LOL.

Hit By Ban Bus!

the IRS sucks, hope they lose on this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information