Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds’ moms fought at wedding; guests demand refunds

Elite Member

Default Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds’ moms fought at wedding; guests demand refunds

Eddie Murphy and Tracey’s moms fought at wedding; guests demand refunds

Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds broke up just two weeks after their non-legally binding wedding ceremony in Bora Bora. People Magazine quotes a source as saying that Eddie was chewing Tracey out at their wedding in front of guests and that it was embarrassing for everyone to witness.
    Not only were Eddie and Tracey not getting along after their expensive non-nuptuals, their mothers were fighting too. Eddie and Tracey’s family are said to have “hated each other on sight,” and their mothers supposedly refused to sit next to each other. They were even seen yelling and swearing at each other, each thinking the other’s offspring wasn’t good enough for their family:
    Eddie, 46, and Tracey, 40, invited only family members and a few close friends to celebrate their union, “but it was as if their families hated each other on sight…”
    Eddie’s mother felt Tracey was a “gold digger,” says the friend - and Tracey’s mother felt Eddie wasn’t “good enough” for her daughter.
    “The mothers didn’t even want to sit next to each other - even to eat - and it led to both sides of the family squaring off.”
    According to the source, the situation escalated from an uneasy tension to outright confrontation that included “yelling and cussing.”
    And this was even before Eddie and Tracey took their vows!
    [From The National Enquirer, print edition, January 28, 2008]
    The Enquirer adds the gem that Eddie almost backed out of the wedding right before the ceremony and that he “pulled aside his best friend Johnny Gill in a panic and asked him if he was doing the right thing.” It looks like Eddie never really got over those cold feet, or maybe he listened to his momma. Eddie Murphy’s mom is said to live with him in his LA mansion and his breakup with the mother of his youngest child, Mel B, is partially attributed to her inability to get along with his live-in mother. It looks like Tracey dodged a bullet on that one. Maybe Eddie can ask his mommy to set him up next time so he’s sure to pick a woman she approves of.
    Mike Walker’s column in the latest Enquirer states that guests at Murphy’s ceremony feel duped into thinking they were attending an actual wedding and asked the Norbit star to refund their vacation costs. Murphy said he would pay guests for their travel costs, which added up to over 100k.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Eddie Murphy and Tracey’s moms fought at wedding; guests demand refunds

hee hee....
    Eddie Murphy and 'wife' split fortnight after wedding

3 days ago
    LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Comedian Eddie Murphy and partner Tracey Edmonds have scrapped plans for a wedding, two weeks after tying the knot in a symbolic ceremony in French Polynesia, it was reported Wednesday.
    People magazine reported on its website that "Dreamgirls" star Murphy, 46, and producer Edmonds, 40, had called off plans for a legal wedding in the United States later this year.
    "After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further," Murphy and Edmonds said in the statement.
    "While the recent symbolic union in Bora Bora was representative of our deep love, friendship and respect that we have for one another on a spiritual level, we have decided to remain friends."
    Edmonds and Murphy exchanged vows in a ceremony on a private island near Bora Bora on New Year's Day in front of around 25 family and friends.
    Murphy and Edmonds started their romance last year as Murphy argued over paternity of a baby girl with his former flame, singer Melanie Brown of the Spice Girls. Murphy later acknowledged the girl is his daughter.
    He was married for 13 years to model and actress Nicole Mitchell Murphy. They had five children before divorcing in 2006.
    Murphy, a beloved former star of the US comedy series "Saturday Night Live," has been scoring on the big screen since 1982 with hits such as "48 Hours," "Beverly Hills Cop," and "Dr. Dolittle." AFP: Eddie Murphy and 'wife' split fortnight after wedding
    I thought that the family were demanding refunds because they were told that "they were getting married" and not that the wedding wasn't legally binding....

Elite Member

I hope Mel B's reading this and is in fits of laughter.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm sory but guests at a wedding-even a psuedo wedding-are asking for a refund? How incredibly tacky.

And never, ever date a man who is that close to his mom. Scary shit there.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    The Enquirer adds the gem that Eddie almost backed out of the wedding right before the ceremony and that he “pulled aside his best friend Johnny Gill in a panic and asked him if he was doing the right thing.”
    Thats because Eddie is his lover, not his best friend. These two drive me up the wall, just come out already.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I hope Mel B's reading this and is in fits of laughter.
    Me too!
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic515_3.gif

I'd be asking for a refund, too. You better stay married for more than tow weeks, if you want a present from me!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I hate the way Eddie Murphy always arches his left eyebrow almost into his hairline.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I want a refund too! For wasting my time reading about their sham of a "marriage."

Eh, never mind, it was worth it...gave me another reason to laugh at that arrogant asshole. Haven't been able to do that since he lost the Golden Globe.

ETA: Or was it the Oscar? Well, either way it was damn funny.

The Enquirer adds the gem that Eddie almost backed out of the wedding right before the ceremony and that he “pulled aside his best friend Johnny Gill in a panic and asked him if he was doing the right thing.”
    All Eddie had to do was roll over since he was probably in bed with Johnny at the time.

where did it say they were asking for a refund? i didnt see it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I've never understood when people say things like "they want a refund" or feel "cheated out of a present they gave" when the couple doesn't last.

I've heard friends comment about how mad they were that they gave a couple nice presents and they didn't even last a year. Or mad that they were made to spend money on a bridesmaid dress, whatever. And meanwhile I'm shocked, thinking, I'm sure the couple didn't plan to swindle you out of your money by splitting up. No one knows their marriage isn't going to last. If you don't believe in the union or doubt it's going to last, then don't go, don't be a bridesmaid, don't give a gift or just give them a card. But don't bitch about how you want a refund or it was a waste of your money.

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    where did it say they were asking for a refund? i didnt see it.
    here you go
    " Mike Walker’s column in the latest Enquirer states that guests at Murphy’s ceremony feel duped into thinking they were attending an actual wedding and asked the Norbit star to refund their vacation costs. Murphy said he would pay guests for their travel costs, which added up to over 100k."

I read it in the NI too....

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I bet Eddie's momma just loves Johnny Gill. She's probably used to seeing his face every morning at the breakfast table.

A classy, elegant event all the way around. Just ew.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information