Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears' Zoey 101 show is NOT cancelled, will air final season

Default Jamie Lynn Spears' Zoey 101 show is NOT cancelled, will air final season

Nickelodeon's saying they're going to air the final fourth season in Feb. after all.

Jamie Lynn Spears' 'Zoey 101' Show Staying On The Air, Program Spokesman Says 'We have not made any change to our schedule,' Dan Martinsen says; show's final season to air in February.

She's already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could Jamie Lynn Spears get into? Nothing involving her show "Zoey 101," according to Nickelodeon, which set the record straight Thursday (January 3) regarding rumors the network was yanking the show in light of Spears' much-publicized situation.

"No truth to that rumor," the show's spokesman Dan Martinsen told MTV News. "We have not made any change to our schedule."
    The fourth and final season of the show, which has already completed production, is set to begin airing in February. On Friday, the network will air a "Zoey 101" TV movie, "Goodbye Zoey?," that explores whether Spears' character will move to London with her parents or remain at boarding school with her friends.
    In an interview with The Associated Press that appeared just before her pregnancy announcement last month in OK! Magazine, Spears hinted that the show could be continued without her — although she might have made those comments to hype the cliffhanger aspect of the episode. "I don't know, I don't know," she teased at the time. "Something definitely happens. But I guess you'll just have to wait and see what comes of it all."
    The network had been considering addressing the Spears pregnancy via one of its "Nick News" children's specials, hosted by Linda Ellerbee. The special would be focusing on sex and love, but Martinsen said, "There is no Nick News special scheduled at this time."
    Ellerbee told AP, "Right now what Nick is trying to do — and what I am trying to do — is figure out what is the best thing to do for kids."
    Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom, MTV's parent company.
    Jamie Lynn Spears' 'Zoey 101' Show Staying On The Air - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News __________________

they will be airing and no one will be watching. Seriously what parent is going to let their child watch that show now?
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

^^ Is she fully showing and preggers on the show? No.

So air the show and be done with it. She's pregnant, she didn't kill someone. Sheesh.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

There's still a few weeks till February. I hope the advertisers pull out and the network gets so much shit by then that they still pull it.

Why would they pull out of the show? she wasnt' pregnant in the show, and it's JUST A SHOW!

This isn't her talk show and she's promoting bad stuff...she's just a pregnant teen. She's not milking ths system, you don't have to pay welfare for her...I'm seriously starting to think that the milk's gone bad at GR. I really wish she'd been more carefule about her birth control, but shit happens. At least she's stepping up and told the truth....now that OK spread...I'm not feeling so much.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

glamazon, just because you think it's ok doesn't mean you need to act like we're crazy for not agreeing with you.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Cannot wait for the backlash... Moms everywhere are gonna write to Nick about how they're not setting a good example for their kids, and then they won't allow their kids to watch... I can only hope, if this show IS going to be aired, it will be cancelled very, very soon.

She is pregnant not a murderer, it happens. If you don't want your kids to watch the show than turn the channel. I don't know why everyone thinks this girl needs to be punished.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I just happen to think big mistakes deserve punishment. And it's not totally unrelated either. Nick is a kids' network. Her personal life is coming into conflict with their responsibility to not condone--or even give the impression that it's okay, or not that bad--something like teen pregnancy. I know some of you guys don't perceive what Nickelodeon is doing as such, but I and others do.

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    Why would they pull out of the show? she wasnt' pregnant in the show, and it's JUST A SHOW!

This isn't her talk show and she's promoting bad stuff...she's just a pregnant teen. She's not milking ths system, you don't have to pay welfare for her...I'm seriously starting to think that the milk's gone bad at GR. I really wish she'd been more carefule about her birth control, but shit happens. At least she's stepping up and told the truth....now that OK spread...I'm not feeling so much.
    Surprisingly, I agree with you. Not because I in any way condone teen pregnancy, but because I think actors' personal lives have nothing to do with the characters they play.

And I find the idea of celebrities as role models ridiculous anyway. Especially given that this one happens to a be a members of the Spears family-what, so the Nickelodeon people and parents didn't have a clue she might not be someone for kids to look up to before she got knocked up?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Well I guess making money off the show is more important that teaching kids morals

See, I agree with what others are saying that tv shows shouldn't be relied upon to teach kids morals and that should be the parents' responsibility. But you can tell your kid what's right and wrong all day long, but they also learn by example. If what they see in real life contradicts what their parents are teaching them, that's going to make an impression on them.

Parents say teen pregnancy is bad and has negative consequences but then they see JLS show is still on, she got a magazine cover and $1 Million out of it. Wait a minute, that's not as bad as my parents said.

WTH? Nickelodeon must think they will benefit by getting higher ratings and more money coming their way if they air that, after seeing all the tabloid publicity, etc, this story got. Who knows. I still think it's ridiculous.

But they at least better be adamant on airing that teen pregnancy special, if they even are still considering that.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

No offense to anyone but I don't get why anyone should be punished for an alleged mistake, if this was indeed a mistake. My guess is that she saw getting pregnant as the only way out of the sick stage mom/child star psycho drama she's been sucked into. Also, how does anyone know that she wasn't using some sort of protection and that the pill failed or the condom broke? It happens all the time. Also, teen pregnancy, while certainly a problem, isn't always the disaster it's made out to be.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

My son watches this show and he has no idea that she is pregnant in real life, her life, he also doesn't even know what her real name is or cares. I also teach my son morals and don't expect the TV to, and I don't expect someone to be fired because they don't go by my standards.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information