Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex show off their new baby boy

Default Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex show off their new baby boy

A delighted Prince Edward and his wife Sophie yesterday proudly showed off "the best Christmas present ever" - their newborn son.

The little boy was warmly wrapped against the freezing temperatures as he made his first public appearance outside the hospital where he was born on Monday Scroll down for more...
    Both parents were beaming and appeared relaxed as they held their 6lb 2oz baby son

But as the royal couple took their second child home, there was no immediate word on a name for him.

They were said to be "narrowing down a few favourites". However, bookmakers William Hill said the most likely choice at 8-1 is Archie, followed by Charlie.
    Meanwhile, the baby - a brother for their first child, four-year-old Lady Louise - is likely to take the courtesy title Viscount Severn.

The couple's spokesman said: "They are very much looking forward to taking the baby home in time for Christmas.

"He is the best Christmas present ever. Sophie is very, very, very happy - she has a big smile on her face and is very bubbly. Edward hasn't stopped grinning since his son was born." Scroll down for more...
    Sophie Wessex and Prince Edward's son will be known as Viscount Severn

Sophie, the 42-year-old Countess of Wessex, and Edward left Frimley Park Hospital, a few miles from their home in Bagshot, Surrey, just before 12.30pm.

Wearing a tailored grey jacket and black trousers, the countess was taken down to the reception area in a wheelchair, but walked to a waiting car on her husband's arm.

Dressed in his familiar green tweed jacket and black trousers, 43-year-old Edward, the Queen's youngest child, carried his sleeping son.

Both parents smiled and waved to well-wishers before the prince carefully placed the little boy into a baby seat in the back of a black Audi.
    Edward said: "It's very cold out here," before wishing reporters a merry Christmas.

The royal newcomer was born by preplanned caesarean section in the private wing of the NHS hospital on Monday, weighing 6lb 2oz.
    Proud parents leave the hospital

A hospital source described the baby as "extremely cute" adding: "The nurses are cooing all over him - he really is adorable."

The birth was a far cry from the arrival of Lady Louise in November 2003. She was born by emergency caesarean after Sophie developed complications which endangered the lives of mother and baby. It then took the couple 17 days before they announced a name.

They also appear in no rush to pick a name for her younger brother. As well as Archie and Charlie, other possible names mooted by William Hill are William, George and Jack at 10-1 and Jake, Bertie, Alfred, Oliver, Winston and Richard at 14-1. Outsiders at 100-1 are Darren, Wayne, Kevin and Lee.

Spokesman Rupert Adams said: "There is no historical reason for Archie being the front-runner, but it is the hot name in society circles at the moment."
    The family are expected to travel to Sandringham to spend Christmas with rest of the royals next week.

The Queen is said to be delighted with her eighth grandchild. A senior courtier said: "She is thrilled - she is going around telling people the news. She cannot wait to meet him."

• The Queen marked the moment she became the longest-living British monarch yesterday in workaday style - ploughing through her red boxes of official papers at Buckingham Palace.

She overtook the record set by her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria, who lived for 81 years, seven months and 29 days.
    According to Buckingham Palace, the current Queen, who was born on April 21 1926, beat her ancestor's record at around 5pm.

Our Severn Heaven: Edward and Sophie show off their new baby boy | the Daily Mail

A*O

I'm glad mother and baby are OK. He certainly looks very healthy and she looks radiant. Edward looks like he never held a baby before in his life (probably didn't).

Archie (short for Archibald) or Charlie (short for Charles)?!?!?! I doubt it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^^
    i agree, she looks radiant. prince edward looks like crap.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Children haven't come easily to them. You can tell they seem to be very happy.

British names seem very different than over here, maybe more formal. We have loads of Brittanys, Joes, Matts, and don't even get me started on some phonetically spelled names- Airica for instance.

Aww-just a sweetie-pie.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Who knew she was even preggers again? They'll get away with whatever name they want (and it wouldn't surprise me if she went with a sloaney popular name....) as the middle name will be the historic one & they're SO out of the public eye....

Edward has managed two. Travolta has two. Crazy Tom can't even make one. Hahahaha!

Bloody hell is Edward ugly. I'd rather hit Charles - and that's saying something.

Awwww.

The little man is called James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor. Better than Archie or Charlie IMO.

BBC NEWS | UK | Edward and Sophie name baby James
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

A nice normal name. Thank god!

That Royal blood does the men NO favours, they all look somewhat deformed to me.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Bloody hell is Edward ugly. I'd rather hit Charles - and that's saying something.
    I concur - even that Charles thing.

She, on the other hand, looks wonderful.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The little man is called James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor. Better than Archie or Charlie IMO.

BBC NEWS | UK | Edward and Sophie name baby James
    better than James Alexander Philip Theo von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg too I guess.....

Thumbs up

Nice name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information