Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi rude

Default Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi rude

Tart words from the 'Chef' host

Thursday, December 13th 2007, 4:00 AM
    Bucci/Getty Padma Lakshmi

"Top Chef" host and judge Padma Lakshmi dined at newly remodeled Fiamma in SoHo on Friday night with a male friend. And when the chef realized that she was in the house, he created a few special additions to her meal as a treat.
    Mistake!
    "She was very rude to the waiter, and when he brought out the surprise dishes, she sent them all back to the kitchen saying she didn't want them," says a witness.
    "The chef had one more planned, and when it came out, she literally screamed at the waiter, 'Take it away! Don't you know I'm on a diet?'"
    Coincidentally, Martha Stewart had been in just before Lakshmi, overtipped her waiter and complimented the staff and the food.
    "Everyone expected Padma to be the nice one," laughs our source.
    Daily News,source
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Wasn't she married to Salman Rushdie??

^^ Yes.

Alot of the 'cheftestants' on the show have kind of 'let it be known' that they were not fans of hers..and that she was kind of a bitch and they did not value her opinion much. This would include 'Sam' from season two..etc. I guess all the pot the bitch smokes has been giving her the munchies and she must have gained *gasp* an ounce or two and now must 'diet'-which I guess means eating slightly less food, and being a total bitch to everyone and their mother.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Well, to be fair ... she has a new cookbook out and, as a cook myself, I know there is a lot of tasting/eating when you are creating and testing recipes. That could be why she's going lightly on the food right now.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Well, to be fair ... she has a new cookbook out and, as a cook myself, I know there is a lot of tasting/eating when you are creating and testing recipes. That could be why she's going lightly on the food right now.
    Oh I know..but I don't want to be fair.. I want to snark on someone and this bitch is the chosen target for today!

Bitch should have said politely "I am on a diet" and then (politely) taken a single bite or two (otherwise known as a taste) of the dish and complimented it, possibly sharing it with some others. That would have been fine.-You know, the kind of things a good hearted person would do-unlike this bitchtoad from hell!

Bitch or not, she's bloody gorgeous.

I'd do her.

Sam was hot.

It is EXTREMELY rude not to at least taste food that's offered to you.
    If she's so worried about her figure, let her run an extra lap or two to work it off. Life's too short not to accept random gifts of kindness.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^ Yeah, I wish a chef would make something special for me. Most people would have gladly accepted it even if they were on a diet. She could've at least tasted it. What a BEEYOTCH.

If she's such a b!tch, maybe they should'a put the fatwah on her.

I think her lips are fake.

Salman Rushdie spells 'A slur man hides'.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Alot of the 'cheftestants' on the show have kind of 'let it be known' that they were not fans of hers..and that she was kind of a bitch and they did not value her opinion much. This would include 'Sam' from season two..etc. I guess all the pot the bitch smokes has been giving her the munchies and she must have gained *gasp* an ounce or two and now must 'diet'-which I guess means eating slightly less food, and being a total bitch to everyone and their mother.

can you tell me where i might find the "cheftestants" comments about her. i always got the vibe that they could take or leave her critiques

Haha, I'm sorry but this is where I totally earn my screen name--I totally sympathize with her because I can see myself doing the same thing. Whenever I've dieted I've become so mad at people offering me food I couldn't have while on the diet--it's hard enough battling my own weak willpower without people working against me as well. I know they mean well, but having to refuse food more than once or twice makes me nuts and crazy and bitchy.

Yes, I have food issues: I love it all and it makes me mad when I can't have it!

Quote Originally Posted by yummyboo View Post
    can you tell me where i might find the "cheftestants" comments about her. i always got the vibe that they could take or leave her critiques
    Well one was from a blog interview from somewhere..when Sam and Ilan were asked about Padma, they said something like, 'do we have to say something good?' and then were like grudgingly, 'well I guess she is pretty' or some such thing-it was obvious they were dissing her. A couple others have said they did not give her one bit of credit and did not think she should even have a say with the judges. Try Blogging Top Chef or Amuse Biatch, or TWOP forums(they cover Top Chef extensively at TWOP) to find more exact info as I was just kind of paraphrasing.

From what they have said I have gotten the feeling they did not value her opinon too much, or her 'way' with them. Whatever they felt about Gayle or Tom C., at least I think they respected their opinions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information