Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe nominees won't attend if Writers' strike continues

Default Golden Globe nominees won't attend if Writers' strike continues

Who's Boycotting The Golden Globes?

The Golden Globes could be extra boring this year, because a bunch of nominees have already said they will not attend if the strike is still going on. They refuse to cross picket lines.
    Katherine Heigl (nominated for Grey's): "I'm not crossing the picket line, not unless I'm contractually obliged to do, which, for the Golden Globes, I'm not."
    James McAvoy (Atonement): “I don’t think I’d want to do that. It’s an environment I wouldn’t want to stick my nose into. I’m not from this country and for me to stick my nose and throw my small weight around wouldn’t be right.”
    David Cronenberg (Eastern Promises): “It would be very hard for me to cross a WGA picket line. Everybody will have the same problem. It’s very unfornuate and an issue that won’t go away."
    Glenn Close (Damages): “I would never cross a picket line.”
    Jeremy Piven (Entourage): "I don’t know about whether or not I'll be attending because to be honest with you, I don’t know a lot about the rules and limitations of what is happening. I need to look into it. Writers are kind of these unsung heroes. People don’t see how much these guys work and they're just trying to cover their bases for themselves and for the future. I hope they get what they deserve and I'll do anything I can to help that."
    Dlisted,source
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Everything this woman says now annoys me.

Katherine Heigl (nominated for Grey's): "I'm not crossing the picket line, not unless I'm contractually obliged to do, which, for the Golden Globes, I'm not."

NOBODY CARES. Stay on strike I don't give a damn. Shit, these people make more money than the average person and they are still bitching. I don't care.

whats starting to irk me, is that because of the writers strike, other people are being affected. are the stars thinking about them? Production that is shut down on shows, are those people working? probably not. Where is the star support for them. i'm sick of it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Yeah, well nobody gives a damn about the crews and their families, don't you know? All of these people out of work right before Christmas, its just awful. Heigl's smug face in that picture irks me. I just can't stand this woman. He's starting to grate on my nerves too.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

i could really careless if there's no golden globes, or emmy! i hope they keep going on strike all year long.

Good on them for supporting the writers I say.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Well if the strike means less Kathy Heegal for the rest of us, I'm all in favor of striking.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Yeah, well nobody gives a damn about the crews and their families, don't you know? All of these people out of work right before Christmas, its just awful. Heigl's smug face in that picture irks me. I just can't stand this woman. He's starting to grate on my nerves too.
    I hate that woman too.

I'm really starting to hate Katherine Heigl. She's a mega attention whore.

I've never watched the show but I have disliked her since the Isaiha (fuck how do you spell that) Washington bullshit. If anybody was going to call the idiot out, it should have been TR and she should have kept the hell out of it - makes it worse when your coworkers feel like they have to take up for you and you can't stand up for yourself. just saying
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I feel bad for the forgotten people, the crews...the people behind the scenes. THEY do not benefit from the strike obviously, nor will they benefit once it's over (to my knowledge).

These actors/actresses will be just fine. The others, maybe not.

And I can appreciate the actors being behind their writers, but just shut up about it. We all know whats going on. Knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I feel bad for the forgotten people, the crews...the people behind the scenes. THEY do not benefit from the strike obviously, nor will they benefit once it's over (to my knowledge).

These actors/actresses will be just fine. The others, maybe not.

And I can appreciate the actors being behind their writers, but just shut up about it. We all know whats going on. Knock it off.
    I haven't really heard any of these actors offering up part of their salaries of MILLIONS!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

This whole thing sucks. The service industry is really getting killed by this. As always, the little guy gets stuck. I can appreciate what they are doing by backing the writers, but the money that gets generated by these awards shows really goes into the local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I haven't really heard any of these actors offering up part of their salaries of MILLIONS!
    No, me either. Interesting. Assholes, every one of em! Off with their heads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information