Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Beckham and Geri Halliwell lead the pack as Spice Girls kick off world tour

Default Victoria Beckham and Geri Halliwell lead the pack as Spice Girls kick off world tour

It could have been the shimmering outfits - or the fact they are looking considerably older than when they first burst youthfully onto the pop scene.

But the Spice Girls were yesterday being dubbed the Golden Girls as they sang on stage together for the first time in nearly a decade.

Gone were the platform boots, the eye-popping outfits and the “accidental” flashing of underwear.

Read more...

Golden girls: Geri and Posh lead the pack as the Spice Girls kicked off their comeback tour in Vancouver last night

Girl power: the group were back on tour for the first time in over a decade

Instead the five women were clad in sleek gold outfits by designer Roberto Cavalli.

The five - made up of Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown - were said to have been nervous before their comeback gig in Vancouver last night, the first of a 40-date world tour.

A spokesman for the band denied suggestions that they were not singing live or that they used backing tracks.

He said: "All of the girls sang live.
    Scroll down for more...
    Bacofoil Spice: Posh showed of her tiny frame in a tight corset

On song: the girls performed their biggest hits during the 22 song set

"There is a click track for the band to keep them in time, which is standard, but all of the girls' vocals were live."

David Beckham made a surprise appearance, seeing his wife Victoria for the first time in three-and-a-half weeks after jetting back from New Zealand where he was on tour with his team LA Galaxy.

Scroll down for more...
    Midas touch: the group's costumes were designed by Roberto Cavalli

Posh Spice, who posed for her male dancers who were pretending to be paparazzi during the performance, confessed she was anxious about her husband seeing the show.

Mrs Beckham said: "David turned up today but he hasn't been at any of the rehearsals because he's been away working so I'm nervous about what he's going to think about the show.

"He's not even seen any of the costumes."
    Scroll down for more...
    In harmony: Baby, Sporty and Scary showed off their moves

He bought each Spice Girl a gold bracelet to celebrate the reunion.

Despite rumours of rows in the lead-up to opening night, the five held hands and embraced each other throughout the show, with Geri and Victoria going to great lengths to display their affection towards each other.
    Scroll down for more...
    Fan club: David Beckham jetted in to watch his wife perform

Geri, who had said in a press conference before the show that she might consider living in Canada, shouted out: "This is our first time back together and you're the first to see it. We love Vancouver."

Emma told the audience: "It's great to be back."

Mel C, who sang her solo track I Turn To You, was grinning throughout the set. Earlier she had spoken about being reluctant to do the tour when first approached.
    Scroll down for more...
    Camera ready: Posh treats the stage like a catwalk

Hippy: Victoria grew curves thanks to Cavalli's designs

She said: "I won't lie about it - I was scared.

"I was nervous about it. But I feel there has been a change of feeling in the world.

"I feel the feeling for the Spice Girls has changed, and it's been a natural thing."
    Scroll down for more...
    Primary colours: Posh and Mel B get into the spirit

Last night their two-hour concert was set to include 22 songs and involve multiple costume changes.

Miss Bunton, 31, previously said the band was having the “best time”, adding: “It is very emotional to be back on stage together. It evokes a lot of memories.”

More than 15,000 fans watched on as the group were joined on-stage by a team of male dancers who dazzled the audience with breakdancing, ballroom moves and acrobatics.
    Scroll down for more...
    Kinky Spice: the girls made sure the back up dancers worked hard for their money

Pole position: the group added a touch of burlesque to the show

The girls opened with Spice Up Your Life and danced on raised platforms before walking just inches from the ecstatic fans down the stage catwalk.

The performance was accompanied by sophisticated set changes including revolving platforms, trap doors and video sequences.

In one segment, the girls wore outfits reflecting the Spice nicknames which made them famous more than a decade ago.
    Scroll down for more...
    Well suited: a spokesperson for the Spice Girls denied rumours the group mimed through the show

Geri sported a rhinestone version of the Union jack dress she famously wore to The Brits, while Mel B was clad head-to-toe in animal print with matching knee high boots.

The group ended the concert with a rendition of Wannabe, their debut single, and a reprise of Spice Up Your Life.

Some fans had travelled from as far afield as Italy for the gig.
    Scroll down for more...
    Flagging: Geri dusted off her famous Union Jack dress

Marlaine Huery, 19, from Medicine Hat in Alberta, drove for three hours and flew across the Rockies to see her idols, paying around £750 for the experience.

She said: "I can't believe I am here but it was so worth it.

"I've never seen them live before so it's great for me that they did this tour. It has been a life long dream of mine.
    Scroll down for more...
    Dark side: brunette Posh worked her new look

"I was crying for the first half hour of the show, and I paid a fortune for my ticket but if they come on tour again I would spend it again. They were just fantastic."

Canadian singer Avril Lavigne was also in the crowd at the sell-out concert.

Ginger, Scary, Sporty, Baby and Posh Spice stand to make £60 million from the tour, a newly-released greatest hits album and a raft of marketing deals.

Scroll down for more...
    Walk on the wild side: Ginger Spice reaches new heights

Shake it out: Geri, who kept to a strict fitness regime before the tour, put her body to the test

In the coming months, the five will perform in cities across the world, from London to Cape Town, as well as Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, San Jose, Shanghai, Madrid and Beijing.

More than one million fans applied for tickets to the UK concerts, which sold out in 38 seconds.

Their first home date will be at the O2 Arena on December 15, followed by a further 16 shows in London before the band head for Manchester.
    Scroll down for more...
    Sparkling: the girls had eight costume changes throughout the show

Earlier this week The Spice Girls were the victims of a bogus email which claimed they had cancelled a tour date in South America due to the level of demand in Britain and the US.

A fake email claimed the group were having to pull out of their gig in Buenos Aires in Argentina in January.

They issued a statement denying the cancellation - but confirmed high demand meant the date had been postponed.

In their heyday, the Spice Girls sold 55 million albums and had nine UK number one singles.

They now have seven children between them, and Victoria has previously joked that they will need a crèche on tour.
    Girl power: The Spice Girls perform on stage at the Brit Awards ceremony in London in 1997

Golden Girls: Posh and Geri lead the pack as Spice Girls kick off world tour | the Daily Mail

I see Plastic Posh's fake melons are back.

her legs look like they're gonna snap in two from the strain of supporting that massive dome

on a side note, I was singing along to Spice Up Your Life
    & not a single fuck was given...

aabbcc, that is exactly what I was going to say....WTF - does she actually do that to herself with a push-up thingy?

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

There is absolutely no question in my mind now...

Posh is a robot.

Is it just me, but in the first pic, does it look like Posh is having a nip slip?

^^ Yup. I can see both of them. Hehe.

Hit By Ban Bus!

posh looks like a robot and this concert is ridiculous!!!

Where the fuck do they get the time to change outfits so frequently?

And poor, poor Emma. She's in no way fat, but you can tell she feels so uncomfortable on-stage with Posh and Geri. And their egos.

Emma's the best looking one there.

39 more shows to go! Do you think their hearts will hold up?
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I predict at least one cancellation / postponement for 'exhaustion' aka 'Victoria and Geri aren't eating and can't perform tonight.'

Ahh looks fantastic, wish I could go! Bet everyone had a great time at the show. They look mostly good, Emma and Melanie B both look fantastic, I'd love to have Mel's figure.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

OMG!!!

They all look SO good! - except posh's flattened titties ouch!

I was hoping Geri would rock a union jack outfit!!! Yippee!!!!

Power to the world!!! Spice up your life!

"But the Spice Girls were yesterday being dubbed the Golden Girls as they sang on stage together for the first time in nearly a decade."

The Golden Girls were actually sexier than this group of asswipes...

Anyone paying for a ticket to see these bimbo's deserves a slap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information