Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clive Davis wants nothing to do with Britney Spears

Default Clive Davis wants nothing to do with Britney Spears

From E! Online's Ted Casablanca:
    More insiders from deep within Camp Combustible tell us B.S. unravels by the second within her frayed inner circle. “She’s hardly the stable girl,” poops one of Brit's close buds. Yeah, no merde, missy! Regardless, could this be why Spears’ professional Galahad, the musical genius that is Clive Davis (who’s the top dawg over at Sony, where Spears is based), is no longer taking nearly as close an interest as he once was?

“He’s having nothingto do with her now,” bemoaned a record exec type who’s (mucho miserably) watching Lynne Spears’ worst malfunction ever become a comatose public booby trap.

“[Britney] is not good for business,” bitched the music source close to Spears’ big-money deal. Oh, jeez, Brit-Brit! This is a camp that’s still nursing overdone-it-all Whitney Houston back to commercialized health. And they’re already done with you? Doesn’t look good, g-friend.
    Yeah, well no matter how many drugs Whitney has done she'll always have real singing talent AND it appears she actually wants to get clean. Niether of which apply to Britney. I guess now that her album officially tanked, he figures she's a lost cause. They might even fire her! At long last.

I do love how he called Britney "Lynne's worst malfunction ever!" Way to diss two ho's with one snarky comment.

Wise man. Britney clearly has a LOT farther to fall before she'll realize she needs help to turn her life around.

I can't believe people are still even giving her a glimmer of a chance at all.

Ditch the bitch.
    vaya con dios

finally Clive Davis getting a clue
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Isn't this her last album she's contractually obligated to do for her record company? I wouldn't be surprised if they let her go after this and didn't renew her contract.

I'd say she's unemployable as an entertainer. Maybe she can do appearances at clubs where she can do what she does best, drink and get fucked up on drugs.

Goodbye $700k monthly checks, hello rock bottom!

^^

Yep, can't believe it's taken this long!

I'm not surprised that Clive wants nothing to do with Britney. When Whitney was at her worst, he didn't want to be bothered until she cleaned up her act, and Whitney is the biggest star he's handled. So, if he could give Whitney the bum's rush at the time, then Britney didn't stand a chance.

^^ Whitney has talent - something Britney doesn't have. And now that she has ditched Bobby there are a lot of people, myself included, who really want her to come back with a vengeance.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

^^Agree with your entire post. I can't wait for some new Whitney music. Now, if she can just keep that brat of her's under control, then things will be okay.

^^ I'm more hopeful the longer it takes - each time I see her out with Clive or doing a quick interview her or there (always with Clive) she is sounding so much better. It takes a while to regain some of what drugs rob from you. Whether its a disease is debatable to many, but there is a lot more to quitting than just willpower if you re truly an addict. For those who aren't, it seems easy. Just quit. I wish they could know what it is like to promise yourself time and time again you won't do it, and then nothing in the world - prayer, willpower, what have you can stop you from using.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    ^^ I'm more hopeful the longer it takes - each time I see her out with Clive or doing a quick interview her or there (always with Clive) she is sounding so much better. It takes a while to regain some of what drugs rob from you. Whether its a disease is debatable to many, but there is a lot more to quitting than just willpower if you re truly an addict. For those who aren't, it seems easy. Just quit. I wish they could know what it is like to promise yourself time and time again you won't do it, and then nothing in the world - prayer, willpower, what have you can stop you from using.
    Well, I think Whitney's ready to step away from Clive and get back into the spotlight without him holding her hand. Lately, she's been going around without him, and that concert she's doing in Malaysia this weekend should be a sign as to where her voice is.

And like you said before Whitney has talent, Britney doesn't. Britney was just coasting on her looks, and now that her looks are shot, she's pretty much done.

And I don't really see addiction as a disease. I mean, I think some people have addictive personalities, and are able to fall harder into drugs or alcohol than some other people. But, you're right, it is about having willpower and determination. But it's also about knowing what some of the emotional triggers are that can set off your addiction, which is why some addicts tend to trade in one addiction for another.

Can you blame him?

I think the label is just waiting to dump her. She'd kill herself if it happened at the wrong (right) time....and they'd be blamed for it. I predict a payout label drop after the custody battle is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Isn't this her last album she's contractually obligated to do for her record company? I wouldn't be surprised if they let her go after this and didn't renew her contract.

I'd say she's unemployable as an entertainer. Maybe she can do appearances at clubs where she can do what she does best, drink and get fucked up on drugs.

Goodbye $700k monthly checks, hello rock bottom!
    I thought that those were hers for life. Aren't they because of everything she's done in the past e.g. songs, song lyrics, etc?
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

Shit, you might be right if the bulk of that money is royalty checks. *grumble*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information