Thread: K.T. Tunstall slams Carrie Underwood

Gold Member

Default K.T. Tunstall slams Carrie Underwood

K.T. Tunstall Lashes Out At Carrie Underwood

Scottish star K.T. Tunstall has lashed out at award-winning country singer Carrie Underwood - for winning a Grammy award. The American Idol winner took home a Grammy for best new artist in February-- but Tunstall is unimpressed by her fast-track to fame.
    Tunstall was reported to be furious with the talent show for allowing a contestant to sing her song Black Horse and the Cherry Tree on the series, branding the program a "money-making puppet show."
    And now the 32-year-old has declared the former American Idol contestant is unworthy of the prestigious prize.
    She says, "It's weird when the Best New Artist is someone from a reality TV show who sings other people's music."

K.T. Tunstall Lashes Out At Carrie Underwood - Starpulse News Blog

Miaow!

well she shouldn't really have been "furious", since her sales and popularity went way up after Katherine McPhee sang that song on Idol.......

^Exactly. I didn't know who KT Tunstall was and hadn't heard that song until McPhee sang it on Idol. After, I started hearing it on the radio.

It's not like Idol can use any song they want without permission of the owner. IIRC, Kelly Clarkson wouldn't let them use her songs in later seasons.

Sooo...either KT doesn't own the publishing rights to her own songs, or she's trying just a little too hard to cover her own ass, and keep her "indie" rep intact.

Wait...did Carrie sing her song too? I thought it was just Katherine?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    It's not like Idol can use any song they want without permission of the owner. IIRC, Kelly Clarkson wouldn't let them use her songs in later seasons.
    Right! I don't see how they could've used her song without permission, so WTH's she squawking about?

Sounds like someone's a sore loser.

I'm pretty sure only McPhee sang one of her songs. I guess she just hates "Idol" in general.

^^ She probably does.

I'm always put off by artists who bash other artists--- even if the bashing is deserved, it's just bad business.

I don't quite understand why she's shocked that Carrie would win a Grammy. Obviously a lot of the American public likes her since they voted for her on AI, so what's surprising about her winning the award?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ She probably does.

I'm always put off by artists who bash other artists--- even if the bashing is deserved, it's just bad business.

I don't quite understand why she's shocked that Carrie would win a Grammy. Obviously a lot of the American public likes her since they voted for her on AI, so what's surprising about her winning the award?
    Yes, I agree. Even if I think Carrie's an overrated bitch, I think badmouthing other celebs is bad form.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I think there is a pretty strong bias in the industry against any of the AI winners and I see their point. AI basically hands someone a career, or the opportunity for one, on a silver platter. If you were someone who had to work his or her ass off, finally got noticed, got the career or opportunity, and then watches "artists" like any of the Idol winners get awards, that has to be tough. I like Kelly Clarkson and have bought her cds. But I can absolutely see why some of the other artists out there would be annoyed.

I like KT and was aware of her long before Idol. She is great and is also known for speaking her mind. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Yes, I agree. Even if I think Carrie's an overrated bitch, I think badmouthing other celebs is bad form.
    Right. Bashing in private is fine, but for a celeb to do it publically like that looks really bad.

I think Carrie's an overrated bitch too, and though I think K.T. Tunstall is very talented,
    I'm not too impressed with her either. I don't like her voice.

Black Horse & Cherry Tree was taken from Lucinda Williams' song "Can't Let Go." The verses in BH&CT are the same melody as the chorus in Williams's's song. Artists steal all the time.

she should thank her lucky stars that katharine mcphee sang her song on AI. thats free publicity.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Well that was classy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information