Thread: Kylie Minogue cancels her world tour on doctor's orders

Default Kylie Minogue cancels her world tour on doctor's orders

Kylie Minogue has cancelled her upcoming world tour over fears that it could damage her health.

The 39-year-old singer, who recently beat breast cancer, had planned to discuss tour dates, costume designs and track lists with her stylist and adviser William Baker.
    Only a few weeks ago, he had said: "I am heading back into the studio with Kylie in February to start training for the tour we want to do in June. It's going to be fabulous."
    But Miss Minogue has told the Daily Mail she has now shelved plans to go on tour after being advised to do so by doctors.

Scroll down for more

She said: "The tour is not going to happen, it is far too soon. I can't do it next year. It kind of breaks my heart because that is what I'm in this business for.
    "Not being able to go ahead with my plans is a real downer.
    "Every woman has to face up to new priorities, near the top is health. I take my health very seriously but not obsessively. Everything is about pacing yourself."
    Scroll down for more
    All front: Kylie on the latest issue of Q magazine

Miss Minogue, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, made a full recovery after having treatments including chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
    But doctors are concerned that she is pushing herself too hard and warned her that the daily performances and punishing travelling commitments of a world tour could seriously harm her health.
    Scroll down for more
    Kylie's doctors fear that a gruelling world tour could damage her health

Insiders have said that Miss Minogue, who guest stars in this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, was so keen to go on tour that she was initially prepared to ignore medical advice.
    But now she has decided to make her health a priority. After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 she was forced to cancel her Showgirl tour, but she resumed it late last year after her recovery and played a New Year's Eve show in London.

Kylie cancels her world tour on doctor's orders | the Daily Mail

It's just an excuse to not to it, to be honest. It's not like anyone would go see her, anyway.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

It seems her stylist dropped the hint on purpose to start the tour rumour.
    It just seems to me that it's all just so she can keep her cancer survivor stuff in the press to help flog her new single/album.

I think the botox she overdoses on is more of a concern to her health than a tour would be.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Still waiting for that locomotion to run you over, Kylie.

A*O

This is a good excuse to get out of doing an embarrassing tour which will confirm what we already know, ie, Kylie is a washed up old has-been whose lack of 'talent' is becoming increasingly obvious.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I actually believe this. I'm surprised she could even plan on this after her treatments. I know the feeling of lunging ahead only to find that treatment -especially any toxic or immunosuppressive stuff - will knock me a few steps and then squarely on my ass.

I wonder how she actually looks. All the pics are more airbrushed than the Spice Girls' shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I wonder how she actually looks. All the pics are more airbrushed than the Spice Girls' shots.
    Like shit, how else would you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    It's just an excuse to not to it, to be honest. It's not like anyone would go see her, anyway.
    What the hell are you talking about? Kylie is a workaholic and has been for 20 years.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

She's just done 2 greatest hits tours in U.K and Australia , Showgirl and Homecoming. Another tour would just be a GH again with a few new songs thrown in. She's already on the brink of overkill and over exposure if not there already.

It isn't workaholicism anymore , it's more like a mania with the woman. She'd be more appreciated if she disappeared for a long while. Find a man, get laid , get a life.....etc etc...

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Thread Information