Thread: Christina Aguilera explains why she's not bat-shit crazy like some of her peers

Default Christina Aguilera explains why she's not bat-shit crazy like some of her peers

In the [Glamour Magazine] interview, Aguilera, who began performing in the Mickey Mouse club with Britney Spears, reflected on why she had not gone down the self-destructive route of some of her contemporaries.

She told Glamour: "When you hit 20 or 21 and you're around drugs and alcohol, everyone has a moment when they like to dabble in it and express themselves.

"It's called being young but there is a boundary. You see all of these horror stories about people that have died of drug overdoses, people that have taken it too far and ruined their lives, and for me, I had so many things that I had yet to accomplish.

"It was just a matter of thinking, I don't want to waste any time, and sticking to the plan."

Spears gave a less than impressive performance at her MTV comeback show after spending the night partying with P Diddy.

Aguilera said: "Everyone has their own ways of choosing what's best for them.

"I have no problem with telling someone, 'Hey, I have to do a show tomorrow - you can relate to this as an artist, I want to do a good job and be on my game'."

She said: "Sometimes I wish I could go out to a party or a club and just be able to be free, but there's a consequence with the temptation.
    "You know you'll feel it the next day when you wake up. There are too many things I have to accomplish." Aguilera said she had no regrets about her controversial raunchy Dirrty video, in which she stripped down to just a pair of tiny hotpants.

"I definitely stirred the pot a bit but I had fun" she said. "If it's under the mark of respectability then it's prudish, if it's over the mark, it's slutty.
    "That's really unfair, so I'm happy I've been able to express myself and be on both sides. People have loved it, hated it, been undecided, and been empowered by it."

On wearing chaps with only a pair of pants underneath on CD:UK, she said: "I was 21 and possibly when I'm 60, if I can still fit into them... at the end of the day, I can say I had a frickin' blast...a f ing blast!"

Aguilera married Bratman in 2005 after they met in 2002 when the music executive worked for her management company.

:: The full interview appears in the next issue of Glamour, out on Thursday.

I'm pregnant!: 'Dirty' Christina finally comes clean about the worst kept secret in showbiz | the Daily Mail

You have to give it to Christina. Although in her earlier years a lot of people thought she was trashy compared to the more "wholesome" pop tarts of the time, Christina actually has talent. The girl can blow. Plus she's a singer songwriter. And she's made it based on something more than her looks and pimpin' herself.
    ...feed me now!

Elite Member

Yeah, I can understand being young and pushing the envelope a bit. She dressed a little to daring and rebelled a bit as a teen, but she never ended up in drug rehab or really an utter mess. She's in her mid 20's now, has a good career, a husband and is expecting her first baby....she has nothing to be ashamed of. She SHOULD hold her head up high. Compared to her peers, she did good for herself...she didn't self-destruct, hurt herself or anyone else.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Christina always did seem like the sensible one.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

It is her hot husband that keeps her centered, IMO.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Can she please explain the orange make up? I'd love to hear her reasons, because she really ruins her whole look with that shitty stuff that she slaps on by the truckload.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

It just nice to she has some peace. Her childhood was really rough.

She told Glamour: "When you hit 20 or 21 and you're around drugs and alcohol, everyone has a moment when they like to dabble in it and express themselves.

I agree with her here. And am glad she didn't turn out to be such a fucking crackhead like the rest of them. This girl has the chords. She can sing her ass off.

I'm very happy/proud that she has had enough sense to realize she is an adult, and is responsible for her actions. She is to talented.

She does have a real voice, unlike Twitney

Talent is the difference here. Christina always knew she had talent and therefore worked harder. Christina deserves her sucesses SO much more that Twit Twat!!! I remember after the Madonna kisses Christina said the difference between her a Britney was simple. She's a singer and Brintey is an entertainer.

Thread Information