Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Halle Berry to play "Queen Nefertiti" in new movie

Silver Member

Default Halle Berry to play "Queen Nefertiti" in new movie

Halle Berry's Nefertiti will have Epic Quality to it
    Published by Brian Jacks on Monday, October 15, 2007 at 10:27 am

"While mention of a beautiful and powerful female Egyptian pharaoh usually conjures up visions of Cleopatra, more than a thousand years before her there was Nefertiti. Telling the queen’s story has been a long-time passion project for Halle Berry, who has been developing a big-screen adaptation for years with “Monster’s Ball” helmer Marc Forster.

The flick’s progress may appear to be measured in inches, but Halle assures us that it’s still moving forward…it’s just a matter of piecing everything together. And those are admittedly big pieces, since Berry has grand visions for her historical biopic.

“It should be epic in feel,” Berry exclaimed to MTV News,” adding that it will have “lots of action because it’s all about that era in time when Nerfititi was ruling her nation.” (Watch Berry discuss “Nefertiti” after the jump.)
    With language that promises to evoke memories of such films as “Ben Hur” and “Spartacus” (and hopefully not Elizabeth Tyler’s atomic bomb “Cleopatra”),

Berry says “Nefertiti” will have something for everyone. “There’s battle scenes and love,” she said. “[It’s about] a woman coming into her own. So it should have that epic quality to it.”

With Berry enjoying her pregnancy and Forster busy with “Bond 22,” when pre-production could begin on “Nefertiti” is anyone’s guess. But here’s hoping we see the majesty of ancient Egypt come alive soon enough."
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/10/15...quality-to-it/

Laurie Mosman likes this.

every movie is a long time passion of Halle's.according to Halle. i love movies like this, but if Halle's in it, i will pass
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Oh, Halle wants to play the most beautiful woman who ever lived? She doesn't even look like Nefertiti, and she can't act, neither.

I thought she said that the baby was the only thing that really mattered, anyway.

They should find a truly beautiful, very talented black actress to play Nefertiti. There's more out there than we think. And Halle ain't one of 'em.

Give me a D... "D"
    Give me a U... "U"
    Give me a D... "D"

What have we got?
    vaya con dios

Oh, please Halle get over yourself, you can't act or carry a film. You should be box office poison by now.

No NO NO. You already pissed on Cat Woman...you stay away from the rest of my childhood idols, you self-obsessed prat.

Open-toed stilettos indeed.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I love these kinds of movies but I think they should get some unknown actress to play Nefertiti, make it feel more real. I find when they get really famous actors to play historical figures it's harder to lose yourself in the story and forget it's (insert famous actor here) pretending to be (insert famous historical figure here).
    I hope that makes sense. I'm very tired today.
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

I see someone like Zoe Saldana, Joy Bryant, or maybe even THandie Newton doing a better job.

The sad thing is, people are probably well aware of the fact that Halle won't do a good job.. attaching her to the movie probably just got the movie more funding.

Sad.

Halle already screwed up when she played the Queen of Sheba in Solomon & Sheba.

Ex-supermodel Iman is the only one that can pull off Nefertiti. And she did it already in MJ's video, 'Remember The Time.'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Fr6Y3NJB8[/youtube]

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Ex-supermodel Iman is the only one that can pull off Nefertiti. And she did it already in MJ's video, 'Remember The Time.'
    I agree! Iman is so fitting for that role. Halle is NOT. Nefertiti was an extremely gorgeous AFRICAN woman, not a pretty-but-not-infamously biracial woman.

Iman as Nefertiti:

Iman immediately came to mind. But can she act?
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Natee471 View Post
    I agree! Iman is so fitting for that role. Halle is NOT. Nefertiti was an extremely gorgeous AFRICAN woman, not a pretty-but-not-infamously biracial woman.

Iman as Nefertiti:

Yes, she was. As was Cleopatra.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Iman immediately came to mind. But can she act?
    From the little I've seen of her acting, Iman isn't that bad. Put it this way, she's better than Halle, which ain't saying much.

Iman would be awesome! I love her on Project Runway Canada

Halley isn't black enough. Sorry. But she's just not!

Uh oh, Halle's gonna do blackface
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Why is Halle Berry being slated for this? This is annoying. Halle, Rosario, Zoe, and Thandie should not be in mind for this production. No Beyonces, Tyras, etc.

Iman and maybe, just maybe, Angela Bassett. An ethnic woman who looks the part is called for. As a mixed person myself, I know I can portray an African Queen as well as I could Marilyn Monroe. Hollywood has serious issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information