Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears' new album flops in UK; by Tuesday, we'll know about US sales

Default Britney Spears' new album flops in UK; by Tuesday, we'll know about US sales

Spears had hoped Blackout, her first album in four years, will revive her reputation. But by midday, Blackout was only at number 29 in the Amazon.co.uk sales rank.
    At HMV she was being outsold by The Eagles.
    An HMV spokesman said: 'The Eagles have just released their first studio album in 27 years so there is obviously a huge amount of interest in it.
    'Number two is good for Britney Spears because so many people have written off her career but she has kept in the headlines and her single Gimme More went to number three.
    'We expect she will be at number two in the album charts next weekend and will sell between 80,000 to 100,000 albums.'

A spokeswoman from Spears' record label Sony BMG said they would not know how sales were going until Tuesday morning.
    The title is said to refer to 'blocking out negativity and embracing life fully'.
    The troubled singer, 25, was due to bring out Blackout on November 12 and the following day in the US but brought the date forward.
    Blackout is due out in the US tomorrow.
    Spears' comeback single, Gimme More, reached number three in the US singles chart - despite the singer's disastrous performance at the MTV awards.

Her erratic behaviour in recent months culminated in her losing custody of her two sons, Sean Preston, two, and Jayden James, one.
    Her ex-husband, Kevin Federline, was awarded custody after Spears failed to produce her driving licence and missed a test for drugs and alcohol.
    The star has spent several stints in rehab and shaved off her hair in full view of the paparazzi at a Los Angeles tattoo parlour.
    In September, she was charged with hit-and-run and driving without a valid licence. If convicted she could face six months in jail and a $1,000 (495) fine.

Britney's new album flops | Metro.co.uk

Also, if anyone cares Newsday has given the album a D grade and has much to say about it here, calling it "terrible": Review: Britney Spears' new CD 'Blackout' -- Newsday.com
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Oh, and she's number 4 on the amazon music charts, the CD is being sold for $9.99, a few days ago it was for $12.98. She's being outsold by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Josh Groban, and Bruce Springsteen. Groban and Springsteen's CDs have been out since early October. Just in case anyone was wondering!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hell I barely even remembered she had a new album. Of course it sucks. But even if it didn't, times have changed from when she was shaking her jailbait ass to buy mama a new pair of shoes. Radio is deader air than ever now that we have satellite. And there is no more "MTV" anymore. Just one channel that airs shitty "reality" shows and another that plays rap videos interspersed with crappy shows about "new money" celebs tacky ass homes and POS autos with 10 DVD's, new rims and paint jobs slapped on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bargain Ya'll!

Also, if anyone cares Newsday has given the album a D grade and has much to say about it here, calling it "terrible": Review: Britney Spears' new CD 'Blackout' -- Newsday.com[/QUOTE]

Us Online is reporting it's getting some good reviews:

Britney's New Album a Surprising Hit With Critics
    Tuesday October 30, 2007

The judge in Britney Spears' custody case has had harsh words for the pop star, but at least Spears is getting positive feedback in the court of musical opinion.

In fact, many reviewers have declared her new album, Blackout, the pop singer’s first album in four years, a major hit.

The AP’s music writer describes the club-y 12-song disc as, “not only a very good album, [but] it’s her best work ever - a triumph, with not a bad song to be found.”

The BBC went on to hail Spears’ song “Piece of Me” (with lyrics like: “I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17” and “Guess I can’t see no harm in working and being a mama”) as a “masterpiece.”

Even reviews that diss Spears’ can’t help but fawn a little. The Chicago Tribune’s critic writes, “Blackout is by far the most musically accomplished of Spears’ five studio albums” before slamming her as being “devoid of personality.”

“Gimme More,” the first single from Spears’ fifth album, is number 13 on this week's Billboard’s Hot 100 chart and Blackout is currently ranked the number one most downloaded album on iTunes.

Usmagazine.com | Britney's New Album a Surprising Hit With Critics

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Springsteen. Groban and Springsteen's CDs have been out since early October. Just in case anyone was wondering!
    Ouch.

And shes loses custody of her kids on the day the album comes out. Timed by the judge, who's understandably pissed?!

Extra says it's in the Top 10 on iTunes in 5 countries.

Translation: Great producer.
    vaya con dios

I can't believe people would even buy it.

You don't need critics or sales to take one listen to this crap and know it sucks.

It is horrible, and I would be embarrassed to put it out.

But we are dying for a come back. I sure hope Whitney delivers big time.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Spears had hoped Blackout, her first album in four years, will revive her reputation. But by midday, Blackout was only at number 29 in the Amazon.co.uk sales rank.
    At HMV she was being outsold by The Eagles.
    An HMV spokesman said: 'The Eagles have just released their first studio album in 27 years so there is obviously a huge amount of interest in it.
    'Number two is good for Britney Spears because so many people have written off her career but she has kept in the headlines and her single Gimme More went to number three.
    'We expect she will be at number two in the album charts next weekend and will sell between 80,000 to 100,000 albums.'

A spokeswoman from Spears' record label Sony BMG said they would not know how sales were going until Tuesday morning.
    The title is said to refer to 'blocking out negativity and embracing life fully'.
    The troubled singer, 25, was due to bring out Blackout on November 12 and the following day in the US but brought the date forward.
    Blackout is due out in the US tomorrow.
    Spears' comeback single, Gimme More, reached number three in the US singles chart - despite the singer's disastrous performance at the MTV awards.

Her erratic behaviour in recent months culminated in her losing custody of her two sons, Sean Preston, two, and Jayden James, one.
    Her ex-husband, Kevin Federline, was awarded custody after Spears failed to produce her driving licence and missed a test for drugs and alcohol.
    The star has spent several stints in rehab and shaved off her hair in full view of the paparazzi at a Los Angeles tattoo parlour.
    In September, she was charged with hit-and-run and driving without a valid licence. If convicted she could face six months in jail and a $1,000 (495) fine.

Britney's new album flops | Metro.co.uk

Also, if anyone cares Newsday has given the album a D grade and has much to say about it here, calling it "terrible": Review: Britney Spears' new CD 'Blackout' -- Newsday.com
    If her album is such a flop. Why is she's number #1 in Germany,Denmark,New Zealand, and Norway you dumb bitch?

i bet X17 gives it a 10!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i bet X17 gives it a 10!
    Does Britney own X17 or what? It's surreal the love they give her.

I'm amazed that the songs she put out are as good as they are. Considering her life for the past year, they could be a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post

Bargain Ya'll!

Attention Walmart shoppers. Buy two bags of family size Cheetos or Pork Rinds and get a Britney Spears album.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    You don't need critics or sales to take one listen to this crap and know it sucks.

It is horrible, and I would be embarrassed to put it out.

But we are dying for a come back. I sure hope Whitney delivers big time.
    I've got a feeling Whitney will deliver. Unlike Britney, she's got talent and she actually seems to want to salvage her career.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Does Britney own X17 or what? It's surreal the love they give her.

I'm amazed that the songs she put out are as good as they are. Considering her life for the past year, they could be a lot worse.
    They give her love because she pays their bills! She bought all their Mercedes SUVs and she knows it. They've got a mutally-beneficial relationship: she only talks to them, they portray her favorably and follow her every move and sell the pics and stories for huge $$$$.

So tell me. Did the label pay her upfront for this disaster? Can they sue her when she's not showing up or meeting the criteria of her contract with the label? Or would they just dump her?

Like JLo. Read on Yahoo (or MSN?) that label fed up with JLo. Too many demands and too expensive to handle, and her record sales are pitiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information