Thread: One Life to Live: Soap actor Nathaniel Marston arrested

Bronze Member

Default One Life to Live: Soap actor Nathaniel Marston arrested

A soap opera star who plays a doctor on "One Life to Live" ended up in a real hospital after allegedly attacking three people in midtown and brawling with city cops.

Nathaniel Marston, 32, who plays Dr.Michael McBain on the ABC soap, assaulted his victims with a crate, breaking one man's leg Sunday in the 4:50 a.m. incident at 45th St. and 10th Ave., cops said.
    Police said the 6-foot-3 actor appeared to be under the influence of narcotics, possibly cocaine, when they were called to the scene. Marston, a former amateur boxer, began flailing his arms and kicking at officers as they went to arrest him, officials said.
    "I don't want to talk to you, and please don't ever come to my home," Marston told the Daily News Sunday after his release from Bellevue Hospital.
    He answered the door of his midtown apartment bare-chested, sporting a fresh bruise over his left eye.
    Marston was charged with two counts each of felony assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon as well as one count of resisting arrest. He was taken to Bellevue, where he was labeled an emotionally disturbed person, police said.
    Salvatore Cabibbo was having a cup of coffee when, he said, Marston hopped out of a taxi and started arguing with the driver.
    Shouting "I'm going to get you," Marston inexplicably charged at Cabibbo swinging the metal crate.
    "He was crazed - I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall," said Cabibbo, 46. "I've never seen anything like that."
    The raging Marston struck a glancing blow to Cabibbo, he said, then kept on running into a gas station nearby, almost getting hit as he dashed into traffic on 10th Ave.
    A source said Marston has been an emotional wreck in recent days, and last week his behavior led to a blowup on the set of "One Life to Live."
    He has admitted to anger problems in the past that stem from a childhood learning disability. "I was the kid who'd sit there in class, real quiet, didn't scream or yell until someone would mess with me. And then I'd explode: boom! It was fierce and violent," Marston said in a 2003 interview with Soap Opera Weekly.
    The actor was arrested in October 1999 on criminal mischief charges after he punched and damaged an automated-teller machine in Manhattan, police said.
    Connecticut-born Marston assumed the role of Dr. Michael McBain in 2001. When he was suddenly fired in July 2003, thousands of fans wrote in protesting his dismissal until ABC rehired him.
    "He is definitely going to lose his job. They've given him chance after chance after chance," said Carolyn Hinsey, editor of Soap Opera Weekly and a soap opera columnist for The News.

Soap opera actor in hospital after allegedly attacking three

Good. I hope he is fired. He sounds like he was on PCP. What a douche.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

i'm thinking they will fire him, as it would be the perfect time on One Life To Live. his character Michael and his wife Marcie have adopted a baby little Tommy that turned out to be Todds baby. so i'm thinking Michael and Marcie will leave the country with the baby. not that i watch the show anyway
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Maybe he's already been handed his walking papers, and he flipped out on drugs in denial.

Elite Member

Doing a massive bump, but here is some news about Nathaniel.

Soap Star Nathaniel Marston Dies At 40 Following Car Crash

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/soap-star-nathaniel-marston-dies-at-40-following-car-crash/ar-BBmUvpD?li=AAavLaF&ocid=

The Huffington Post

Stephanie Marcus 18 hrs ago

( David Klein/Getty Images) Actor Nathaniel Marston attends a fan panel at Disney in 2002.

Actor Nathaniel Marston, who was best known for his roles on One Life to Live and As the World Turns, died in a Reno hospital on Wednesday. He was 40 years old.

The actor's mother Elizabeth Jackson confirmed the news on Facebook.

"My beloved and cherished son, Nathaniel Marston, who was putting up the good fight until last night was not able to continue due to the traumatic and devastating nature of his injuries," she wrote.

Marston was involved in a single-car crash on Oct. 30 that left him on life support with several crushed vertebrae in his neck and back. Police believe the actor fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his pickup truck several times before he was thrown from the vehicle through the windshield.

( Brian Putnam via Getty Images) Nathaniel Marston arrives at the after party for 'Walk a Mile in my Pradas' in West Hollywood, 2010.

Earlier on Wednesday, the actor's mother said in a press release that Marston had suffered complications during surgery on Nov. 4 and believed he would "most likely" live out his life as a quadriplegic.

"His injuries, which Dr.'s did their best to heal were not responding to treatment and one after another his bodily functions failed to support his life," Marston's mother went on to say in her most recent Facebook post on Wednesday. "Had Nathaniel lived he would have required a ventilator and would never have been able to utter one more word and would have been sentenced to life as a quadriplegic. A condition that Nate would have never have been able to tolerate. By God's love and mercy Nathaniel was spared this living hell."

Marston, who was last seen in 2011's Walk a Mile in My Pradas, is survived by his mother and his wife, Rita Bias.

Elite Member

I was an All My Children/One Life to Live fan. I remember him on the show. Very sad. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I was an All My Children/One Life to Live fan. I remember him on the show. Very sad. RIP.
    I didn't watch OLTL but knew of the famous characters - was he John McBain's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I didn't watch OLTL but knew of the famous characters - was he John McBain's brother?
    yes (sad that i knew that right away)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I used to watch One Life To Live and he played a character named Al. His character was killed off (he was let go) and Nathaniel punched a hole in the wall of his dressing room or something like that. They hired him back to play John McBain's brother. He got fired again after assaulting some people. I may be off on the details here, this is all from memory years ago. Very sad.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Toxicology at the time of the accident were clear- no drugs or alcohol in his system.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I used to watch One Life To Live and he played a character named Al. His character was killed off (he was let go) and Nathaniel punched a hole in the wall of his dressing room or something like that. They hired him back to play John McBain's brother. He got fired again after assaulting some people. I may be off on the details here, this is all from memory years ago. Very sad.
    I didn't know all that!

^^Yeah I tried to find an article about him punching a hole in the wall, but I can't find one for some reason. I remember reading about it at the time. I did find an article about his assault and 2nd firing:

'One Life to Live' actor Nathaniel Marston dumped from soap in wake of assault charges

BY CORKY SIEMASZKO
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, November 8, 2007, 12:39 PM

• A
    • A
    • A

Troubled soap opera star Nathaniel Marston has been dumped from "One Life to Live."
    Marston, who played dreamy Dr. Michael McBain on the ABC soap, was facing trial in February for allegedly attacking three people and brawling with the city cops who tried to arrest him in Manhattan.
    With the Hollywood writers on strike and Marston likely to be spending a lot of time in court, the decision was made to replace him rather than rewrite the script to explain his absence from the show, sources said.
    "Nathaniel Marston has been a valuable member of the cast of ‘One Life to Live,' bringing Michael McBain to life for legions of fans," ABC said in a statement.
    "He leaves the show with our sincere appreciation for his many contributions and our support as he addresses personal challenges. We wish him well."
    Speculation began building that Marston would be forced to hang up his stethoscope after the 32-year-old was arrested Oct. 20 on charges of assault, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.
    A 6-foot-3 former amateur boxer, Marston appeared to be crazed on cocaine when he allegedly screamed, "I'm going to get you!" and assaulted his victims with a metal crate, breaking one man's leg at 45th St. and 10th Ave.
    When cops arrived, Marston allegedly began flailing his arms and kicking the officers, who later took him to Bellevue Hospital where he was classified as an emotionally disturbed person.
    Bare chested and sporting a shiner over his left eye, Marston later told a Daily News reporter who knocked on the door of his midtown apartment: "I don't want to talk to you, and please don't ever come to my home."
    Sources later told The News that Marston had been an emotional wreck for several weeks and colleagues on the set said that while he was well-liked - many were wary of his short fuse.
    "He has a very short temper on set, but he always seems to keep it just below the surface and stays in control," an actor on the show told The News. "He gets along with everyone and works very hard. It just feels like there's something very sad behind his eyes."
    Castmate Kathy Brier, who played the actor's on-screen wife, took his arrest the hardest. "Kathy plays his wife, and they've been each other's love interest for years. They are great friends, and she is very upset."
    Marston was raised in Connecticut and before playing McBain on the show he played another character named Al Holden.
    ABC fired him in July 2003. But the network reversed course and rehired him as Dr. McBain after thousands of fans protested his dismissal.Marston has admitted to anger problems in the past stemming from a childhood learning disability.
    In a 2003 interview with Soap Opera Weekly, he described himself as "the kid who'd sit there in class, real quiet, didn't scream or yell until someone would mess with me. And then I'd explode: Boom! It was fierce and violent."
    Marston's fiery disposition led to his arrest in October 1999 on criminal mischief charges after he beat on an automated-teller machine in Manhattan
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...ticle-1.257079
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Thread Information