Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts would be 'so lonely' without husband Danny Moder

Default Julia Roberts would be 'so lonely' without husband Danny Moder

Four months after welcoming her third child and two weeks before turning 40, Julia Roberts says she has "all I could ever ask for."

"More than anything I am just the most proud wife and mother to three of the most amazing children," she said Friday night at an event in her honor. "And the widening of my life, and my hips, is really just the true gift of my husband Danny (Moder), who I would be so lonely without."

A-listers Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis, Shirley MacLaine, and Natalie Portman toasted and roasted Roberts as the American Cinematheque paid tribute to her contribution to film in a black-tie ceremony at the Beverly Hilton.

"You do an extraordinary job, extraordinarily well," Washington told the crowd as he presented the actress with her award. Recounting a time Roberts was asked for a lyric which best described her, he recalled, "[You] said the line in the Bruce Springsteen song 'Thunder Road' where the Boss says, 'You ain't a beauty, but you're all right.' Well Julia, beauty may fade, may fade, but all right lasts forever."

Besides her screen moments, the event honored her roles as wife and mother. Hanks recounted the things you learn after working with Roberts: "Knowledge that no matter how good of shape you are in, no matter how good of a haircut you are sporting, Julia Roberts is, at the end of the day, going home to a husband way better looking than you will ever be."

As Hanks said, "Everybody loves Julia, everybody, everybody," Moder put his arm around his wife, smiling and nodding in agreement.

Sitting at the center table of the dining room, the Pretty Woman star was moved to tears and laughter throughout the speeches and movie clips.

Taking the stage at the end of the night, the overwhelmed new mom grabbed her chest joking, "Is there a hungry baby in the house? Come on up!"

The Julia Roberts American Cinematheque Tribute will air on AMC on Dec. 5.

source: Julia Roberts: I'd Be So Lonely Without Danny Moder - Danny Moder, Julia Roberts : People.com
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Big whoop, how lonely was the first Mrs. Moder when Julia stole him away?

God, we need a suicide, murder, dui crash, breakup, SOMETHING so this kind of crap isn't news worthy.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

She's had so many loves of her life that I'm sure she'd do perfectly fine for a month or so until the next love of her life came along.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

^^Gag me, Julia. Now shut the hell up!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I would seriously rather read about this than anything Britney or Paris is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    Big whoop, how lonely was the first Mrs. Moder when Julia stole him away?
    i guess i'd be wasting my time if i pointed out that you can't 'steal' anyone away and if anything, it's mr. moder that left the first mrs.moder, not julia.

that said, i can't stand the bitch. but i still get pissed off when it's the other woman that gets all the blame in this type of situation.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Yeah, but you are Mrs. Moder. Julia Roberts wants your hubby. I don't know what Mrs. Moder looks like but I bet she ain' got Julie's bank account.

well it's still not all julia's fault mr.moder's a slut and a gold-digger, is it?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yawn-o-rama to this story.......

I like her. And she keeps her private life to herself, which is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^Gag me, Julia. Now shut the hell up!
    Yeah.

It's hilarious when celebs talk about their romantic lives and say how "lucky" they are. Yes, we know you're lucky. You're also full of crap. I can't really hate on Julia--though the "Aloe Vera" thing was appalling and turned me off of her for a while--but she needs to shut up. All of them need to shut up.

Well, in this case, it was a tribute and she was expected to say something. If her being a wife and mother was mentioned, then of course she would comment on that. Anyone would. She wasn't just out blabbing to the press for no apparent reason.

^I suppose so, I just get squirmy when ANY celeb talks about how lucky they are in every way....Love of their life, and money, and hit films, and blah blah blah.

Yeah, but she would have looked kind of ungrateful if she'd gotten up in front of everyone and said - Fuck man, my life sucks ass big time. It really stinks. I've never been so unhappy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information