Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddox Jolie-Pitt begins kindergarten, and Lycee parents lose it!

Elite Member

Smile Maddox Jolie-Pitt begins kindergarten, and Lycee parents lose it!

Zut Alors! Monsieur Maddox Jolie-Pitt Begins Kindergarten, And Lycée Parents Lose It
    by Spencer MorganPublished: September 25, 2007
    Tags: The City, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Maddox Jolie-Pitt
    This article was published in the October 1, 2007, edition of The New York Observer.

It seems the entire Upper East Side is aware that Maddox, the adopted son of Hollywood golden couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, has begun school at the Lycée Français de New York on East 75th Street.

Classes began on Sept. 4, and the school is still adjusting to the chaos that ensues whenever Mr. Pitt or Ms. Jolie drops off or picks up their 5-year-old.

The Lycee’s director of operations, Dan Cooke, is confronting the matter head-on. On Sept. 14, he dispatched a letter to parents.

“I’m sure you are aware the school has received much media attention recently during the arrival and dismissal times because of the presence of celebrities Ms. Angelina Jolie and/or Mr. Brad Pitt,” read the document, according to a source who shared it with the Transom over the phone. “I want to make you aware that before the first day of school I met with their security team to discuss the best manner in which for them to drop off and pick up their son. Our foremost goal was to cause the least amount of disruption to the school and to ensure the security of all of our students and families.”

The letter went on to explain that the Jolie-Pitt family had agreed to “stagger” the arrival and pickup times of young Maddox, in order to disrupt as few students and parents as possible.

Then it addressed some troublemakers.

“Regretfully, I have seen some parents taking pictures, asking for autographs, talking to the media and even shouting at Ms. Jolie and Mr. Pitt for recognition,” the source quoted with some glee. “Therefore, in the best interests of the school and safety of your child(ren) I must ask for everyone to please respect the family’s privacy and discontinue these practices.” (“It wouldn’t be appropriate for me to comment,” Mr. Cooke told the Transom.)

“The French are quite civilized,” commented the source, who has a sibling at the school. “But sure, you have the moms who get there a little earlier to get a little glimpse.” She further noted that Ms. Jolie has earned a gold star from some parents by personally apologizing for the flashbulb-popping pandemonium that she has brought to the school.

A rep for the couple didn’t return calls, but all that relentless picture-taking has apparently also had an effect on little Maddox. Kindergartners were recently asked to bring in a picture of themselves. “He was terrified,” the source reported. “He refused. He started crying. Obviously the poor kid has grown up in fear of having his picture taken.” Extreme camera-shyness aside, Maddox is doing just fine. “He’s been quite happy,” said the source. “He’s always smiling.” Though so far, she said, “his French is pretty minimal.” Miaou!

Here's a little tidbit for you this morning. Bad Lycee parents! Even they want pictures!

How pretentious. Lycee Francais indeed. Neither Angelina nor Brad has more brain cells than a carrot....but yes, send your child to the most pretentious school in the history of the world.

Aw, the story about Maddox being terrified to get his picture taken is sad.

^Yeah, that made me sad too.

If they want these children to have a "good" and "normal" life, then they're going about it the WRONG WAY.

I would pull my kid outta there.

Elite Member

French immersion schools (public, not private) are quite common up here (Canada), but I take they are toooooo elitist down there!

They love the media frenzy and I hate them for exposing their kids to it. The kids obviously do not enjoy it. So selfish!

My friend's son went to a French preschool in Los Angeles. They wouldn't let him or any toddler go to the bathroom unless they said it in French. Even on the first day of school and even though all the kids were English speakers.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    They love the media frenzy and I hate them for exposing their kids to it. The kids obviously do not enjoy it. So selfish!
    What would you suggest, they keep their kids locked in their high-rise and be home-schooled? I do agree that it's unfair for the kids to be subjected but I think in allowing their children to attend a regular school it gives them some sense of normalcy. Sheltering them from the outside world is not the way to go IMO.

If we had never seen their children the paps would go to any measures to obtain photos, which would probably be more dangerous for them in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

HOME SCHOOL!!!!!!! No matter what they do they're always going to be doing something wrong. Damn them for sending their child to a school that they can afford to send their kid to; those bastards. If I could afford the tuition to Awty I would send my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin69 View Post
    My friend's son went to a French preschool in Los Angeles. They wouldn't let him or any toddler go to the bathroom unless they said it in French. Even on the first day of school and even though all the kids were English speakers.
    That's why they call it the immersion method. They learn the language just like you naturally learn it when you learn your native tongue. When kids are little they don't know English or any language at all. They pick it up from constantly being around it and seeing how it is used. Same thing with the immersion method. It's actually quite effective. I've learned more from my Rosetta Stone CDs (immersion method language CDs) than I ever did in high school where everything was taught in English and you were constantly doing exercises to translate things back into English. You don't get used to thinking in the language--or learn to speak fluently--if you are constantly referring back to English to establish the meanings of words.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i doubt he will learn much, but whatever.

^Yeah and I doubt Mommy and Daddy are practicing French with him at home also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I just don't see why they can't have bodyguards or nannies drop him off at school.
    It's because Angie and Brad go with him that Mad has to deal with all the paparazzi shit. Its not fair to him...or the other kids. I'm sure his presence at school is a huge distraction in class as much as outside of class just because all the other kids know how crazy it is when he comes and goes everyday. This is sickening...they are practically forcing fame on their children!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    How pretentious. Lycee Francais indeed. Neither Angelina nor Brad has more brain cells than a carrot....but yes, send your child to the most pretentious school in the history of the world.
    Well A) since Maddox is adopted maybe he has more brain cells than a turnip and will do good in school.

B) they are rich why shouldn't they send their children to the best, most pretentious schools in the world?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information