Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Geldof is "SATAN" and is only interested in Tiger Lily's inheritance, says granny

Exclamation Bob Geldof is "SATAN" and is only interested in Tiger Lily's inheritance, says granny

'Satan' Geldof: Bob is only interested in Tiger Lily's inheritance, says granny

Patricia Glassop, the mother of the late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence, has launched a scathing attack on Sir Bob Geldof, calling him 'cruel, very cruel'

Bob Geldof has been branded "Satan" by the mother of his late love-rival Michael Hutchence.

Patricia Glassop claimed the poverty campaigner and rock star has severed all ties between her family and Tiger Lily, the 11-year-old daughter of Hutchence and Geldof's late ex-wife Paula Yates.

Mrs Glassop accused Geldof of being a bad father, interested only in the inheritance the youngster would get when she comes of age.
    She also complained the Dublin-born Live Aid hero, who has an honourary knighthood, was refusing to let the youngster come "home" to Australia and is "very cruel" in keeping her from her rightful family.

Referring to his much-used nickname of Saint Bob, Patricia said: "He's certainly not
    a saint, I can't see that side of him at all.
    "I think he is Satan."

On national television in Australia yesterday, Mrs Glassop revealed she was informed two weeks ago that Geldof wanted to adopt Tiger Lily. Scroll down for more...
    Hutchence with Paula Yates and their daughterTiger Lily in 1997

She has been living with him as her legal guardian in London since her mother Paula Yates died from a heroin overdose in 2000.
    INXS singer Hutchence was found hanged in a Sydney hotel room in November 1997, after what was rumoured to have been a bizarre act of auto-eroticism.
    Mrs Glassop claimed Geldof rarely lets her see or speak to her granddaughter.
    She added: "I think he is cruel, very cruel to keep her from her family.
    Patricia Glassop says Geldof has severed all ties between her family and Tiger Lily, the 11-year-old daughter of Hutchence and Geldof's late ex-wife Paula Yates

"I am not allowed to speak to her on the phone. He's even changed the phone number."

She said she has seen her granddaughter twice in the last seven years, once in London and once last year when Tiger Lily stayed with her for five days at her Gold Coast luxury apartment while Geldof performed in Australia.

She said: "She rang here five nights in a row when she went home, begging to come to live with us but Bob, of course, wouldn't let her."
    She also alleged that presents she sends Tiger Lily were hidden.

Mrs Glassop criticised Geldof's other children, saying the singer brought them up "like hippies" and claiming he 'has no control over anything' his daughters do in public.

Of Peaches, Geldof's 18-year-old daughter, she said: "I don't think she should be Tiger's role model.
    "Tiger knows about it and reads about it."
    She accused Geldof of greed, saying: "Whoever gets the child gets the inheritance.
    He has control of Michael's "money".
    Mrs Glassop said she thought the money had gone missing but "he can keep all the money he's got belonging to Michael, we just want Tiger".
    She added: "We just hope Tiger gets to hear that we want her. If we can't have custody then we would like annual visits." Geldof, who has previously declined to comment on Mrs Glassop's claims, was unavailable last night.

'Satan' Geldof: Bob is only interested in Tiger Lily's inheritance, says granny | the Daily Mail

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

He got custody of TigerLily when his girls were a lot younger but they are turning into little ho's who he can't control.
    He spends too much time trying to save the world instead of his family.
    It's best if TigerLily is sent home to grandma Hutchens now.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

I think the kid is old enough to have a say in this now. Poor thing, one parent killed himself and the other overdosed. She should get together with Frances Bean and compare notes.

Well he certainly looks like it in that photo.

That poor kid...both parents dead because of selfishness. I'm torn between applauding him for bringing up another man's child (a man who had an affair with BG's wife no less) and thinking they are all crazy and should give that kid to a family who is "normal."

That woman looks a lot like Nancy Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Well he certainly looks like it in that photo.

That poor kid...both parents dead because of selfishness. I'm torn between applauding him for bringing up another man's child (a man who had an affair with BG's wife no less) and thinking they are all crazy and should give that kid to a family who is "normal."
    Hutchence doesn't look much better ....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Why exactly did he get legal guardianship when Paula Yates died? Wouldn't the next closest relative become the guardian? Also if the grandma is so invested in her granddaughter's life, she should move to where the child is living. I just did a google search on his net worth and as of 2005, they were saying that he had nothing. His mother confirmed this and it was stated that they were not surprised due to his lifestyle.

Here's what I found:

Michael Hutchence - Official Website - Shocking News
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

He took in a child that wasn't his. He certainly didn't have to do that.

I'm sure Bob Geldof has enough of his own money that he doesn't have to try and steal Tiger Lily's.

And, if I were Geldof, I wouldn't allow her to see that woman, either. If this is the way she talks about Geldof publically, I could only imagine what she would say to Tiger Lily in private.

If the woman was so concerned with her granddaughter's welface, why didn't she try and obtain custody?

I think Bob is behind it some how. For every person who is so outspoken and seems so good, there is indeed a very deep darkside. Probably the most evil you will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Hutchence doesn't look much better ....
    I totally agree.

There was a time when I loved MH. I was a naive teenager who had no idea those guys did drugs etc etc. I found out a few years ago that he tried to get my hairdresser to "go downtown" with him. She thought he meant he wanted to go into the city. Turns out he meant he wanted to do some smack. Nice.

Wow, that kid is 11 already?? Gee, time flies!

I also am torn. I wonder if he has ulterior motives here as well, but also think he was attempting to give this little girl some sense of family. She has sisters and I think he may have wanted to have her know them. But she should also know the other side of her family as well.

Poor kid. Still fighting over her.

I hate Geldof. I blame him for Michaels troubles before he died. He made Michael and Paula's life a living hell....and he still hasn't bloody stopped. He is a ruthless bastard!

I think Bob was just trying to give an orphaned kid a sense of family. I applaud that. Obviously there are two sides to every story but, it sounds like she hasn't been to the UK to visit her granddaughter much either.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I'm sure Bob is not a saint who the hell is but yeah it was pretty awesome of him to open his home to Tiger Lily after her mom and dad both off'd themselves so she could be raised with her sisters. I doubt he has any control of Tiger's money at all. As for his raising of his other girls he is a single parent of four girls who probably have him wrapped around their fingers. Big shock.

Who names their kid Tiger Lily? Blech.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information