Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Goldman family to seek O.J. Simpson memorabilia

Default The Goldman family to seek O.J. Simpson memorabilia

Goldmans to seek Simpson memorabilia - Yahoo! News

If the Goldman family has its way, it may soon own the sports memorabilia that O.J. Simpson is accused of committing armed robbery to recover for himself.
    Since winning a multimillion-dollar settlement against Simpson in Ron Goldman's death, the family has waged a decade-long campaign to track down and claim Simpson's assets.
    That effort hasn't stopped with the NFL star's arrest following a confrontation with memorabilia collectors in a Las Vegas hotel room. On Tuesday, the family plans to file request in Superior Court to obtain ownership of the sports memorabilia seized.
    David Cook, an attorney for Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, said he believed Nevada authorities would turn over the items with a court order after Simpson's criminal case finishes. The items include Simpson's Hall of Fame certificate, a gold Rolex watch and the suit Simpson wore on the day he was acquitted, Cook said.
    "Assuming that this case is resolved one way or another, at the end of the case, the stuff will never go back to Mr. Simpson," Cook vowed. "He's going to walk out of Clark County empty-handed."
    Simpson was being held without bail Tuesday in Clark County Detention Center on six felonies, including two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon. If convicted, he could receive up to 30 years in state prison on each robbery count alone.
    Another man suspected in the alleged heist surrendered Monday. Clarence Stewart, 53, of Las Vegas, lived at one of the residences that police searched early Sunday to recover some of the memorabilia.
    Stewart turned over some of the missing goods, including footballs bearing autographs, police said. He was being held on six felony charges, including robbery with a deadly weapon and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
    Another man, Walter Alexander, 46, of Mesa, Ariz., was released without bail. He faces charges almost identical to Simpson's.
    A fourth man, Tom Scotto, was questioned and cleared of suspicion after police concluded he was not in the room, reducing the number of outstanding suspects to two, police said. Both were apparently seeking attorneys and preparing to surrender, police said.
    Simpson's arraignment was set for Wednesday. Yale Galanter, Simpson's lawyer, said he was preparing a bond motion and will ask for Simpson's release on his own recognizance.
    "If it was anyone other than O.J. Simpson, he would have been released by now," he said.
    "You can't rob something that is yours," Galanter said. "O.J. said, 'You've got stolen property. Either you return it or I call the police.'"
    The Goldmans hope the property never finds its way back to Simpson.
    In 1997, a civil jury in Santa Monica returned $33.5 million in judgments against Simpson in a wrongful-death lawsuit by the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Goldman.
    The jury awarded $8.5 million in compensatory damages to Ron Goldman's estate and a total of $25 million in punitive damages, divided equally between both estates.
    Tuesday's hearing was originally scheduled in connection with any money the Goldmans say Simpson earned from a video game featuring his likeness.

Despite extensive court hearings, however, most of the judgment has remained unpaid.
    In 1999, seized personal property was auctioned off, raising only $430,000, more than half of it from the sale of his Heisman Trophy. The house itself did not generate anything toward paying the judgment. A bank foreclosed on the home, put it up for auction and bought it back.

let me guess, THEY want to sell pieces with every book.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

ok. this has gone too far.

I think what the Goldman's are trying to say to OJ is hello-we are not going away...we are going to be a thorn in your side every day....can't say that I blame them since they do have to live with the death of a loved one every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    let me guess, THEY want to sell pieces with every book.
    Maybe they will make a little more money... Supposedly, they are only going to make 17 cents per book...

and they need that 17 cents for what?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It was never "really" clear when they were on Oprah, but it was said @.17 per book, but then it was mentioned that they'd get 90% of the profits....even Oprah was confused (perhaps the Goldmans really don't want the world to know the actual gain of this "manual for murder"). They've got lawyers to pay, plus the remainder goes for their victim cause.
    Oh ya, get right up there, right up his ass. All this thug activity in Vegas by OJ brings him jail time, lawyer fees, possible prison time and those pesty Goldmans. Where's the FL homestead law when you need it?

This stuff should have all been theirs when he was ordered to turn over the possesions. Now there is something about these things being left in a storage facility that OJ never admitted he had. It was his way of hiding belongings. He is such as ass. I do have a little more respect for Nicole's family though that they are not in the press all the time. It is different since they are concerned about the kids and the Goldman's don't have that same issue.

Why would parents of a murdered son want memorabilia that belongs to or has anything to do with the man that murdered him? That is just really strange to me.

They want to sell it. Dan Abrams was on the Today Show this morning talking about how OJ obviously did all he could to hide assets and now the Goldman's want them. I don't pretend to understand it. I have no idea how I would think or behave if I were in their situation and hope I never have to find out. The money will never bring their son back but at least it takes something away from OJ who continues to live a pretty good life.

^ Yeah, I know but after 13 years of this I think it's time to give it up. They need to let their son RIP.

umm the Goldman's never got money from the settlement with OJ 13 years ago- they should keep trying to bring him down, they are hitting him in the only way they know how to- his pocket. It's not something they are going to back down from- I think they should keep fighting till the day that murderer dies. 17 cents per book is nothing- it's their way of fighting back and regaining control.

RIP Nicole and Ron

Yeah, money will bring their son back. I can see why that would be a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yeah, money will bring their son back. I can see why that would be a good fight.
    it won't bring anyone back but it will hit OJ where it hurts.....they didn't get anything after they were awarded millions, but yeah lets keep blaming the victims families- that makes sense

I don't recall blaming anyone, can you show me where I did?
    I just think it's stupid to keep stuff going on for 13 years, they clearly aren't going to get anything. They should enjoy the time they have with other family members, remember their sons name in a positive light and get away from all the bitterness. Now THAT makes sense.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information