Thread: Madonna feels the pace as Elton John says sorry for F-word outburst

Default Madonna feels the pace as Elton John says sorry for F-word outburst

Madonna feels the pace as Elton says sorry for F-word outburst

Giving peace a chance: Madonna and Sir Elton hug it out on stage

Madonna and Sir Elton John have finally called a truce on their high profile feud more than two years after he publicly accused the pop star of lip-synching in an expletive laden outburst.

Introducing the Madonna at this year's GQ Men of the Year Awards in London last night, Sir Elton said: "This is a moment you thought you would never see."

The pair hugged on stage, but the acerbic star couldn't resist a final swipe, adding he had "written a grovelling apology and offered to join the Kabbalah".

At an awards ceremony in 2004, John infamously criticised the singer after she won an award for live performance, saying: ""Madonna, best f***ing live act? F*** off! Since when has lip-synching been live?"

"That's me off her f***ing Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No."

Madonna hit back through a statement issued by her spokesperson, who declared: "Madonna does not lip-synch nor does she spend her time trashing other artists."

The singer, who is still awaiting permission to permanently adopt her third child, left the awards show looking rather worse for wear as she piled into a cab.

Earlier, while handing out the rest of the awards last night, the rest of the guest presenters nothing but complimentary in the extreme.

• Scroll down for more

Homeward bound: Madonna ended the night at 1am looking rather weary

Jude Law, announcing Michael Caine as the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award said: "This is not only the man of the year or the man of many years, this is THE man."

Collecting the award to a standing ovation, Sir Michael thanked his wife and daughters. He added that his family was the only reason for being here. Scroll down for more
    Paul McCartney spent the night in good company, including singer Natalie Imbruglia and model Elle Macpherson

Before the night drew to a close and guests, including F1 driver Lewis Hamilton, supermodel Naomi Campbell and Sophie Dahl - who towered over her singer boyfriend Jamie Cullum - all headed upstairs for the after-show party there was one final surprise.

Sir Paul McCartney, who spent the evening surrounded by a bevy of beauties including singer Natalie Imbruglia and single supermodel Elle Macpherson, was finally able to collect his trophy for last year's Man Of The Year award. Scroll down for more
    Glamours: model Helena Christensen and Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia work their red carpet magic

Introducing him, Sir Elton said: "Paul is by far and away the greatest living songwriter in the world."

Picking up his 2006 award Sir Paul said: "Hey I'm just some little kid from Liverpool."

Ending the awards Sir Elton joked: "We can't really top that unless Elvis Presley parachutes through the roof."

Scroll down for more
    Model behaviour: Naomi Campbell and Elle Macpherson catch up

Madonna feels the pace as Elton says sorry for F-word outburst | the Daily Mail

aw, grandma gets chaufferred around.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sounds like a load of arse kissing

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Natalie's face looks BIZARRE in that pic, you can really see the surgery.

And Madonna will bite your head off and suck your blood. And her fingers....geeaahhh

Hit By Ban Bus!

Shit. Buncha oldies dressed up to suck each other's arse. the "greatest" word gets thrown around way to much. Seriously this stuff would be embarassing.
    Madonna does look old. She has some serious calf muscles.
    Who is the man in the white dress?

They're getting older and wiser. Yah right! They're beginning to come "has beens" and they probably need each other more than ever to cling to whatever shred of fame they can grasp on too, even if it means playing nice nice even if they probably still hating each other. These are probably two of the biggest egos in hollywood. I doubt they feel any differently. If these two were still on top of their game like before, I doubt they'd give each other the time of day.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I know and it saddens me, her face was gorgeous and needed nothing done to it.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

And Madonna will bite your head off and suck your blood. And her fingers....geeaahhh
    Morning Chuckle. I can almost her her raptor shrieks as she attacks.

You could use Madonna's calf muscles as a nutcracker. Perhaps that's how Guy was emasculated and lost his balls, he got to close to her calf muscles of doom.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Thread Information