Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Wendy Williams Reportedly Restricted To A Wheelchair And As Rumor Has It, She’s Battl

Default Wendy Williams Reportedly Restricted To A Wheelchair And As Rumor Has It, She’s Battl

Wendy Williams Reportedly Restricted To A Wheelchair And As Rumor Has It, She’s Battling Early Dementia

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wend...ycsrp_catchall

Screw it. I've tried five times to add the article.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

I kind of side eye this. I say she's severely depressed. She's only been divorced a year. Spend half your life with your identity revolved around being Mrs. Motherfucker and you may have to figure out who the fuck you even are again. That's once you come to terms with the reality that the life you accepted as real was a big ass fucking lie. That shit is hard enough even when the world isn't privy to the gory details of your split. Sometimes the tougher people are on the outside the more fragile they are on the inside.

When you've been invested in this life (lie or not) for as long as Wendy was, a year only scratches the surface. This shit takes way longer than a year to recover from. I know. I can't even imagine if the entire world was privy to my shit while I was going through it like is the case with Wendy's situation. I think I would have wanted to jump off a fucking bridge. Additionally, her history of throwing shade at others messy lives is probably kicking her in the ass now that the shoe is on the other foot. I guarantee she's not getting the sympathy she might otherwise.

I have seen people go through depression that manifested itself in a previously independent, sharp-minded person becoming overwhelmed to the point of incapacity to do simple things without a person helping them (sometimes standing over them to direct/keep them on task) because they "forgot" how. Things like getting out of bed and feeding and drinking and bathing. I have seen severe depression result in someone having no memory for shit resulting in dementia diagnoses being thrown out there by at least one doctor. I have seen people in this condition make a full recovery and return to their previous level of mental acuity and physical independence with the right care.
    Last edited by MsDark; November 24th, 2021 at 10:27 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yeah I could see what you're saying, Mrs D.

And yet it's still hard to feel much sympathy for Wendy when she was so mean. Publicly on TV. And for a living.
    Am I splitting hairs when I say that at least we don't talk shit directly to the celebs we talk shit about? I always assume no celeb reads here.

I understand that too. But mean as she could be, her show wasn't as popular as it was for nothing. People are drawn to dirt dishing.
    Beeyotch likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I also think it's depression, maybe other mental health/addiction issues. She tried to put on a good face about her marriage (even though she admits she knew about the mistress for years) and then tried to play the sex in the city NY "girl" but I think she desperately wanted to stay married and just really can't handle being alone. Even though he was a prick to her, I think he handled a lot of her professional life and her show and she finally lost it when she had to go it alone.

There might be some physical issues involved (graves disease and lymphedema (?) that was causing her legs to swell) but I think it's mainly mental. Her camp is denying the dementia but I dunno, it's possible. Whatever it is, she's clearly fallen apart. Also, she lost her mom since the split I think, so that's one more stressor on top of losing her husband and her kid (meaning he's grown up and moved away so not sure how much he's in the picture right now) Then there's her man with a new woman and baby and that's got to sting big time.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I was also under the impression that her extreme plastic surgery(ies?) were related to her relationship. Probably not a positive contributor to her health. Also, being just a few years older than she is, what you might call dementia I call "where the fuck did I put my keys?" or "really? I don't remember what we'd decided."
    Lofty Bike likes this.

She could have Dementia, who knows. I hope for her sake that she doesn't.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Novice like this.

Shit, I didn't even know she lost her mom!

My vote is definitely severe depression.
    crayzeehappee and Daphodil like this.

Toine explained on Nov. 22 the shocking update on Wendy’s health: “It is being reported that the 57-year-old talk show host has completely lost all blood circulation in her legs and in her feet.”
    Sounds like complete BS. She'd be in the hospital for treatment, not being wheel-chaired around until her legs fall off.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

At my lowest due to depression, I walked into a room to a kid hat I'd known since she was 3. I'd spend time with her every weekday since she'd been 6 and she was 9 by then. I didn't know her name. It was terrible, because I had no idea how to find it out. Mind you, I had a list, but I'd forgotten that, too. I asked a co-worker, only to forget the name the moment I turned around. For weeks, I wrote her name on my hand, to read it before I had to adress her. My complete inability to remember her name was crazy scary.
    Last edited by Lofty Bike; November 25th, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

my extremely paranoid anti-vax brother told me she had a vaccine injury. i actually believed him because i didn't even know she was sick i just took his word that this was a well known fact. now i think antivaxxers are making false claims... so that's the story around the woowoo part of the internet i guess...
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Thumbs down

sorry double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    At my lowest due to depression, I walked into a room to a kid hat I'd known since she was 3. I'd spend time with her every weekday since she'd been 6 and she was 9 by then. I didn't know her name. It was terrible, because I had no idea how to find it out. Mind you, I had a list, but I'd forgotten that, too. I asked a co-worker, only to forget the name the moment I turned around. For weeks, I wrote her name on my hand, to read it before I had to adress her. My complete inability to remember her name was crazy scary.
    l can relate, that has happened to me also, it was terrifying.l am sorry you had to experience that level of pain.
    l wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I kind of side eye this. I say she's severely depressed. She's only been divorced a year. Spend half your life with your identity revolved around being Mrs. Motherfucker and you may have to figure out who the fuck you even are again. That's once you come to terms with the reality that the life you accepted as real was a big ass fucking lie. That shit is hard enough even when the world isn't privy to the gory details of your split. Sometimes the tougher people are on the outside the more fragile they are on the inside.

When you've been invested in this life (lie or not) for as long as Wendy was, a year only scratches the surface. This shit takes way longer than a year to recover from. I know. I can't even imagine if the entire world was privy to my shit while I was going through it like is the case with Wendy's situation. I think I would have wanted to jump off a fucking bridge. Additionally, her history of throwing shade at others messy lives is probably kicking her in the ass now that the shoe is on the other foot. I guarantee she's not getting the sympathy she might otherwise.

I have seen people go through depression that manifested itself in a previously independent, sharp-minded person becoming overwhelmed to the point of incapacity to do simple things without a person helping them (sometimes standing over them to direct/keep them on task) because they "forgot" how. Things like getting out of bed and feeding and drinking and bathing. I have seen severe depression result in someone having no memory for shit resulting in dementia diagnoses being thrown out there by at least one doctor. I have seen people in this condition make a full recovery and return to their previous level of mental acuity and physical independence with the right care.
    We have a family member that's going through this now. She refuses to listen to anyone, but she's 100% clinically, severely depressed. Won't take any meds because they all make her feel _________ (fill in the blank). It's terrible. She's going through all of the cognitive tests for dementia, but even the doctor says it's entirely possible that her severe depression could lead to a false diagnosis of dementia. The lack of quality sleep along can really fuck with you.

It was initially reported back in September that Wendy had a "breakthrough case of COVID-19" despite being vaccinated and was experiencing "serious complications" because she also suffers from Graves' Disease and a thyroid condition.
    A statement from The Wendy Williams Show read: "Wendy continues to be under medical supervision and meets with her medical team on a daily basis. She is making progress but is experiencing serious complications as a direct result of Graves’ Disease and her thyroid condition.

"It has been determined that more time is needed before she is able to return to her live hosting duties. We want her health to be her top priority."
    Here's everything we know about Wendy Williams' health so far…

Wendy Williams does not have dementia

Recent reports claimed that Wendy is suffering from the effects of early-onset dementia. However, her younger brother Tommy, 54, denied these rumors, revealing Wendy has not been "displaying that type of behavior to the family".

We haven't had any alerts like that and I haven't seen anything like that or have had conversations with her that would lead me to believe that," he told The Sun, adding: "My dad speaks with Wendy frequently. So no, we don't have any concerns concerning her mental state. It’s all physical."
    What has Wendy Williams said about her health?

In November, Wendy broke her silence, giving her fans, who have become increasingly worried for her health, an update on social media.
    She penned: "HOW YOU DOIN’? I MISS YOU ALL! As everyone knows, my health has been a hot topic. "I'm making progress but it's just one of those things that's taking longer than we expected.

"I'm a woman of a certain age, and I know enough to listen to my doctors and will return to my purple chair as soon as we all agree I'm ready."
    Wendy continued: "I want to thank all of my staff and our guest hosts for stepping up and stepping in while I can’t be there. I also want to thank Debmar-Mercury and our stations for being so understanding and supportive while I work my way back.
    "Most of all, I want to thank my fans. I have heard your prayers and comments and feel all the love! You are everything to me. I love spending my mornings with you all and I'm doing everything I can to get back to work, but right now Wendy has to focus on Wendy. I love you for watching."

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information