Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: DMX believed to be in grave condition after overdose, heart attack

Default DMX believed to be in grave condition after overdose, heart attack

DMX believed to be in grave condition after overdose, heart attack

Hip Hop icon DMX’s life is hanging in the balance after the rapper suffered a drug overdose Friday night.
    According to TMZ, sources close to the “What’s My Name” artist claim the OD occurred at 11 p.m. Sources added that the overdose then triggered a heart attack.

DMX, 50, is currently in the critical care unit of a White Plains hospital where he reportedly is exhibiting “some brain activity.” Another source told TMZ that the artist is currently in a “vegetative state” and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.
    The Ruff Ryders MC has long struggled with drug addiction, last checking into rehab October 2019.

The rapper claims his problems with addiction began when he was tricked into smoking crack at 14 — by his mentor.
    “I was in Yonkers. This guy, ‘Ready Ron,’ he was like an older brother to me,” DMX told fellow hip-hop star Talib Kweli on his “People’s Party” podcast.

“He would rap, and I would do the beatbox,” DMX said. “I loved this guy like an older brother.”
    One night after the duo “did a robbery one night… it was his birthday and we came back and split the money. I said, ‘Here you go, go get something nice for your birthday.’ So he came back with a blunt rolled up, and I’m counting the money, he pass[ed] the blunt.”

Holding back tears, he continued, “I hit the blunt and … I was no longer focused on the money. I’ve never felt like this, it just f–ked me up. I later found out that he laced the blunt with crack. Why would you do that to a child? He knew I looked up to him. Why would you do that to somebody who looks up to you? A monster was born. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy. Especially to someone that you supposedly love.”
    “The person that I loved was a snake.”

A rep for DMX could not immediately be reached for comment

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/03/dmx-b...fter-overdose/
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I only know him from the Wendy Williams show. He owes the government big money.

I hope someone's looking after his orchids.
    MsDark likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Some guy giving him crack at 14 is a sad story. Hope he makes it, but it's not looking good.
    Lalasnake and crayzeehappee like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Didn't he have a stroke a few years back? Or do I confuse him with another rapper? I was googling it but I couldn't find it out.
    -

He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty in 2008. The dogs were neglected and many thought that they were part of some sort of dog fighting ring, since they also found dog remains on the property. I guess that was never proven. So, forgive me if I don’t give many fucks about this guy.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty in 2008. The dogs were neglected and many thought that they were part of some sort of dog fighting ring, since they also found dog remains on the property. I guess that was never proven. So, forgive me if I don’t give many fucks about this guy.
    Oh well. Fuck him with rusty barbed wire.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Yeah, I knew there was something about animal abuse in his past so I don't give two fucks about this piece of shit. I used to like his music though.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I remember the dog fighting ring and the dead doggies they found on his property very well!

But does nobody else remember a rapper that suffered a stroke a few years back? It's driving me crazy! It was a well-known rapper / actor, at least that's what my brain is telling me. Doesn't mean he was good in any of it though.
    -

^^^Isn't that Suge Knight? I think I remember that he had tons of health issues.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Some guy giving him crack at 14 is a sad story. Hope he makes it, but it's not looking good.
    That's really sad. I hate it when this happens to young ones, they are clueless and helpless.

Hmmm no it wasn't him...
    -

I tried to Google a list for you but I don’t think you can be a rapper now unless you’ve had a stroke or something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine;[URL="tel:3811371"
    3811371[/URL]]He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty in 2008. The dogs were neglected and many thought that they were part of some sort of dog fighting ring, since they also found dog remains on the property. I guess that was never proven. So, forgive me if I don’t give many fucks about this guy.
    CNN from the time - NB I have no dog in this fight (so to speak) but I googled since I posted this originally).
    Rapper DMX was arrested Friday on drug and animal cruelty charges after attempting to barricade himself inside his Arizona home, sheriff's deputies said.
    Friday morning's arrest was rapper DMX's second brush with the law this week, authorities said.

DMX, 37, whose real name is Earl Simmons, faces seven misdemeanor animal cruelty charges and four felony drug possession charges, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
    He was apprehended at his home in Cave Creek, Arizona. A news release from the office also said deputies were serving a search warrant at the Mayo Clinic in nearby Scottsdale, Arizona, involving possible fraud charges involving the rapper.
    According to sheriff's deputies, five pit bull mix puppies were taken from the rapper's home by an animal control unit and will be taken to to a jail where they will be cared for by female inmates.
    In August, deputies raided DMX's home and seized 12 pit bulls and pit bull mixes after receiving a report that the animals were being abused. No arrests were made at the time; authorities said that some of the dogs had apparently not been fed or watered but that there was no evidence of dogfighting.
    The carcasses of three dogs were found partially buried on the property in August, and one of the dogs may have been burned, the sheriff's office said.
    "A guy like this DMX character, with all his money and fame, has no excuse for not providing proper care for his animals," Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Friday.

In August, the rapper's lawyer, Murray Richman, said his client had been on tour and had a caretaker was watching his dogs. He said the caretaker had fed and watered the dogs but not brought them in from Arizona's summer heat.
    He said DMX was upset about the treatment of the dogs, which he sometimes features in his music videos.

DMX faced a 1999 animal cruelty charge in Teaneck, New Jersey, that was dismissed after the performer agreed to accept responsibility and record public service announcements for an animal rights group.
    The August raid came the same week that former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty to bankrolling and running a dogfighting ring in Virginia.

sorry - not my bold. The article just did it!

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I know Novice! It's crazy! Seems like everyone had a stroke these days.
    Novice likes this.
    -

Lil Wayne?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information