Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Woody Allen gives his first TV interview for three DECADES to Paramount Plus for show

Silver Member

Default Woody Allen gives his first TV interview for three DECADES to Paramount Plus for show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cusations.html

Woody Allen's first television interview for three decades is set to air on Paramount Plus and is expected to deal with accusations of pedophilia leveled by his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow.
    The interview was conducted by CBS Sunday Morning reporter Lee Cowan in July 2020 but seemingly never aired and will be available as part of a larger package on Paramount Plus on Sunday.
    The special was recorded before the release of Allen v. Farrow earlier this year in which his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow speaks on camera about her alleged sexual abuse and is unlikely to address the HBO's four-part docuseries.

+4

Woody Allen's first television interview for three decades is set to air on Paramount Plus

+4

The CBS Sunday Morning special was recorded before the release of Allen v. Farrow earlier this year

+4

The special was recorded in July 2020 before the release of Allen v. Farrow earlier this year

The package will also include CBS This Morning's extensive 2018 interview of Dylan Farrow by Gayle King, in which she said she had told her mother Mia Farrow that Allen had molested her.

'She details her allegations that she was abused by Allen in 1992 and denies being coached,' a press release reads.
    Allen, 85, has continued to maintain his innocence and has never been charged with a crime. He did not take part in the Allen v. Farrow docuseries.
    The Oscar-winning actor and director detailed his relationship with Mia Farrow and their adopted daughters Soon-Yi Previn and Dylan in a third of his latest memoir and it's unlikely Allen was stray from his previous stances on his relationships with them.

He creeps me out
    fgg, Brookie, DawnM74 and 3 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Silver Member

I believe Dylan. I watched the documentary twice and listened to different podcasts taking each side of the story and I think Woody definitely abused her and was absolutely grooming her.

One podcast had an interview with Daisy Previn, who said that from a very young age, Woody was most definitely a father figure to her and Soon-Yi (and the other children) and although he didn't sleep over at Mia's house, he was there every morning with breakfast reading a paper.

They always make a big deal that he was not a step father to Soon-Yi, but I think he most definitely was and likely groomed her as well from a young age. I'm just surprised that she stayed married to the creep for so long!

Elite Member

Back in the 90s Mr. Tulip and I saw Woody and Soon-Yi in NYC. He looked like a frail old man with his granddaughter even back then. I don't understand the whole situation. It is beyond creepy.

I have no doubt that Allen is a pedophile. The fact that Mia might be a little off her rocker doesn't negate what he's accused of. I believe his victims.
    Trixie, Lalasnake, Brookie and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    I'm just surprised that she stayed married to the creep for so long!
    i think that Soon-Yi made her decisions based on what the adults in er life told her about her worth. She walked out of her childhood home at 6, because she'd rather stay on the streets, her mother had no time for her. In the orphanage, she was seen as unruly and mentally underdeveloped. In america, she had difficulties to learn english, Mia told her she was diagnosed with a learning disability. Also, that she was ugly. Soon-Yi was responsible for the household from age 9, groccery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry. She was surrounded by white people telling her that she was just a stupid asian girl and not even pretty or obedient enough to fit into that properly. Enter Woody Allen! So, this undoubtly intelligent, absolutely resilient survival expert made her decision to stay with the only person who ever "cared" for her, based on the abuse she endured since she was a kid. She is still with him, because he groomed her well, with numerous people paving the way for him to own her so completely that she does not even realizes what he did to her. She sees herself as his accompice, he installed that in her. She thrives when she get's some basic human rights and I think she is happy with her life, she feels that it could have been far worse. And I'm sure that she'll be relieved when Woody actually bites it.

When WA died a hopefully painful death, i'll drink a glas of champagne on her, Soon-Yi deserves to be filthy rich and free.

This now infamous interview from 2018, twisted as it might be, introduces us to Soon-Yi's point of view and gives a certainly not planned insight into Woody's creepy ways.
    https://www.vulture.com/2018/09/soon-yi-previn-speaks.html

Last edited by Lofty Bike; March 28th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.
    BITTER, dexter7 and ConstanceSpry like this.

Oh that interview with Soon Yi. I believe she believes what she says, but she's obviously been coached, by Woody, and tricked by her own brain into making a crazy situation something special and relatable. And she has so much bitterness towards Mia, who sounds like a horrible mother, but Soon Yi seems trapped in some type of competitive relationship with her. Two quotes that are really telling to me (because she says this now, as an older woman)

She calls Woody after their affair is made public, and to this day her concern is for him, an older, wealthy man who took advantage of her:
    "But on 81st and Central Park West I saw a pay phone. I called Woody and said, ‘Don’t worry, I’m not suicidal. I don’t regret anything, and whatever you need to do I understand.’ Those were my exact words. I knew he had a lot to handle and the last thing he needed to do was worry about me.”

And talking about Mia
    The fact that their marriage has lasted two decades seems to have come as something of a surprise even to them, much less to others looking on. “That’s what Mia must be the most shocked by,” Soon-Yi says. “That is so foreign to her. She probably can’t get her mind around that.”

She still sees it as a competition. And in the article she seems to find validation in the fact that Woody found her attractive as a love interest, that because he likes her she must have value. Because Woody is so smart, and he did like Mia, and acknowledges Mia's intelligence (even though she was a horrible mom). In a way I think that makes her feel content and loved in the way she was missing from (adoptive) mother. Soon Yi's found a way for her mind to re-write history to make this all seem like it was her choice. It's very sad.

^^^Yeah, that interview really is something. I remember that I was worried about their daughters, would Woody make Soon-Yi complicit in abusing them, too? He comes across so ruthless and calculating that the simple fact that they adopted 2 girls made me wonder. One can only hope that Soon-Yi had an eye on him.
    Kittylady likes this.

When pedos marry their young girlfriends there is always the issue that they will “age out”.
    I very much doubt that Soon-Yi would be able to stand up to WA - even if she did think that he was doing something wrong!
    He has controlled her, fed & clothed her, provided for her, in all likelihood told her that she would be nothing without him, that she would have no where to go, nowhere to live, without him.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I watched a little of Allen v. Farrow and actually what I heard was that Farrow was not a bad mom. They had multiple observers who were in and out of there saying that Farrow was not a mean mom or a slavedriver at all. A number of them did convey that Allen had an especially tight relationship with both Soon Yi and Moses. Obviously not grooming Moses, but taking him to basketball games, and I guess being kind of a surrogate father. He was devastated when the sh*t hit the fan and sided with with Allen.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; March 28th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    When pedos marry their young girlfriends there is always the issue that they will “age out”.
    I very much doubt that Soon-Yi would be able to stand up to WA - even if she did think that he was doing something wrong!
    He has controlled her, fed & clothed her, provided for her, in all likelihood told her that she would be nothing without him, that she would have no where to go, nowhere to live, without him.
    Someone with her life, I don't even think she has to be told any of those things. The best (worst) under-the-radar abusers don't even have to resort to speaking those threats, they make sure they're understood with their actions/how they treat their victims. Soon-Yi always struck me as adoring, impressionable and dependent on him.

I watched the entire series and for all of Mia's flakiness, she seems to have been a loving mother. All the other kids are loyal to her and even Soon-Yi as a child talked about her "naughty mama" (in Korea) abandoning her and her "good mama" (Mia) taking care of her. I'm no fan of Mia and I really didn't want Woody to be guilty, but fuck that, he's a gaslighting piece of shit, and he basically admitted (not in so many words) that clearing his name to the general public was more important than the effect his lies were having on the children he was supposed to love. I was always on the fence about whether he was a pedo, and even during the first few episodes he came off as creepy and obsessive, but not necessarily in a sexual way - the kids would all be playing together, then suddenly Woody would loom up and just hover over Dylan, isolating her and following her everywhere she went. It was heartbreaking seeing the stress on her little face, and you could almost feel how smothering it must have been for her.

But after hearing her calmly and convincingly relate what happened in the attic, coupled with the botched investigation and Woody's revoltingly self-serving custody battle, I 100% believe Dylan.
    Be excellent to each other.

all of this is so gross. he's so gross. I just hope those two little girls they adopted didn't get affected or touched by him.
    Daphodil likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ there's a picture put there of him with his arm around one of them and she looks like she wants to crawl out of her skin.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch;[URL="tel:3810667"
    3810667[/URL]]Someone with her life, I don't even think she has to be told any of those things. The best (worst) under-the-radar abusers don't even have to resort to speaking those threats, they make sure they're understood with their actions/how they treat their victims. Soon-Yi always struck me as adoring, impressionable and dependent on him.
    ITA but I wasn’t sure that people with no knowledge of this kind of manipulation or coercive control wouldn’t get it and I’m articulate enough on here to say it. Thank you.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I watched a little of Allen v. Farrow and actually what I heard was that Farrow was not a bad mom. They had multiple observers who were in and out of there saying that Farrow was not a mean mom or a slavedriver at all. A number of them did convey that Allen had an especially tight relationship with both Soon Yi and Moses. Obviously not grooming Moses, but taking him to basketball games, and I guess being kind of a surrogate father. He was devastated when the sh*t hit the fan and sided with with Allen.
    In the documentary (I've seen the first two episodes of four) home movies showed Moses saying he wanted to go to Woody's house for the weekend and it seemed he really bonded, or wanted to bond with him. At some point Woody adopted him, so he was more than a surrogate father. As far as the other older kids, I'm not sure how much of a father figure he was. He seemed to zero in on Dylan of course, and then Soon-Yi.

Re Dylan, it's pretty clear he was weirdly obsessed with her from the start but I'm not sure when it became sexually inappropriate. I don't think he knows how to relate to anyone of the female persuasion other than in a sexual manner. Supposedly he started spending time with Soon-Yi with Mia's blessing, but instead of being fatherly, he ended up seducing her and taking hustler-shot polaroids. He either didn't have an interest in any of the other girls, or he never got the chance. Soon-Yi was damaged before she even got to Mia, so she was the obvious choice for grooming.

I think I said in the tv thread that this was a perfect storm. Woody had a predilection for young girls, and there were plenty to choose from at Mia's house. And I think Mia had good intentions but there was no way one mom could provide proper care for 14 children, most of them with special needs. During Mia's time with Woody, she made 14 movies with him. How much time could she have been spending with those kids, between movies, and a relationship with Woody. And I was shocked to know Mia kept adopting kids during the whole Woody fiasco. Four more to be exact! That's a child hoarding situation IMO.
    DawnM74, HWBL, fgg and 8 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information