Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Rush Limbaugh, Right-Wing Radio Host, Dies at 70

Default Rush Limbaugh, Right-Wing Radio Host, Dies at 70

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative firebrand radio host who was a pillar of right-wing media in the U.S. for more than 30 years, died on Wednesday after a long battle with lung cancer. He was 70.
    Limbaugh’s wife, Kathryn, announced the news on his radio show.
    More from VarietyRush Limbaugh Denies Existence of White Privilege on 'The Breakfast Club': 'That Is a Liberal, Political Construct'
    Rush Limbaugh Discloses Lung Cancer Diagnosis
    Trump Praises Limbaugh, Fox News Figures, and Says Ann Coulter Has Gone 'Off the Reservation'

Limbaugh disclosed the severity of his illness to listeners of his syndicated “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in February 2020 when he took several days off to receive treatment. That same month he was awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, by President Donald Trump.
    Limbaugh wielded enormous influence in politics. He was beloved by conservatives and reviled by liberals. He contributed to the coarsening of public discourse by referring to prominent women as “femi-Nazis” and by belittling those who disagreed with him. During the 2008 presidential campaign, Limbaugh repeatedly referred to Barack Obama as the “affirmative-action candidate.”
    Limbaugh was one of the most popular personalities on radio and one of the most well paid. In 2008, he signed an eight-year deal with Premiere Networks valued at $400 million. His audience at his peak was estimated at about 25 million a week.
    Limbaugh was born Jan. 12, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, Mo., to a prominent family. Limbaugh reportedly told his father, an attorney, that he wanted to be radio host at the age of 8. In high school he worked as a disc jockey for a local radio station owned by his father.
    He attended Southern Missouri State University, but left after a year to try his hand at radio. He worked at ABC-owned radio station KQV in Pittsburgh. He later moved to Kansas City to join the Royals baseball team as director of group ticket sales, and later advanced to director of sales and special events.
    In 1983, Limbaugh was back in radio as a commentator on Kansas City’s KMBZ. He moved to Sacramento, Calif., the following year and landed a daytime talk show on KFBK. The show’s ratings took off, and Limbaugh began getting national attention. He moved to New York and signed his first syndication deal with ABC Radio Networks in 1988.
    Limbaugh was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993. He penned a number of bestselling books including 1992’s “The Way Things Ought to Be” and 1993’s “See, I Told You So” and the children’s book series “The Adventures of Rush Revere.”
    Limbaugh was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame in 1998.
    Limbaugh was married four times. His survivors include his wife, Kathryn.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...172203802.html

oh well.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

czb

bye bitch

fgg

The $50M Florida house Rush Limbaugh left behind for his wife

After a year-long battle with lung cancer, Rush Limbaugh died Wednesday morning at the age of 70.

Throughout his career, the conservative radio talk show mogul was making an estimated $33 million a year. It is believed he amassed a net worth of over $600 million at the time of his death.

Limbaugh left Florida and headed to New York City in 1988 in order to concentrate on building his career. However, the media icon left the Big Apple for good by 2010 and returned to the sunshine state after the city enacted a tax hike.

While living in Manhattan, Limbaugh resided in a Fifth Avenue condo with 10 rooms and a view of Central Park. He later unloaded the home for $11.5 million.

When he returned to Florida permanently, he also relocated his business and began broadcasting his radio show a mile from his Palm Beach oasis.

At first, Limbaugh purchased the Palm Beach estate in 1998 for a paltry $3.98 million and used it as a vacation getaway home, Florida property records show.

Once he relocated there for good, the radio legend, along with his wife, Kathryn Rogers, transformed and expanded the home to include three additional structures. They were able to do this by buying neighboring land.

The two-story property was originally built in 1992.

Spanning more than 34,000 square feet, the primary residence boasts seven bedrooms, 12 baths and a private elevator. There’s also a two-story library which is a “scaled-down version” of the library at the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina. It has an additional four guest houses and a guard station for 24-hour security services.

The estate includes two oceanfront acres with a private beach. It also features a pool and putting green.

The home is estimated to be worth about $50 million today, according to a Zillow estimate.

Limbaugh’s home was subject to national headlines in 2012 after a bomb squad was summoned to the estate for a suspicious package discovered on the scene. Ultimately, it was eventually determined it was not dangerous or hazardous.

Although Limbaugh was married four times, he has no children. But his wife of 11 years will be in good hands. Kathryn, 44, married Limbaugh in 2010 in a lavish Hawaiian-themed wedding bash headlined by none-other-than Sir Elton John.

“I know that I am most certainly not the Limbaugh that you tuned in to listen to today. I, like you, very much wish Rush was behind this golden microphone right now, welcoming you to another exceptional three hours of broadcasting,” his wife told listeners in a surprise announcement on his radio show Wednesday.

“For over 32 years. Rush has cherished you, loyal audience, and always looked forward to every single show. It is with profound sadness I must share with you directly that our beloved Rush, my wonderful husband, passed away this morning due to complications from lung cancer.”

Limbaugh is considered the most listened-to talk show host in history — beating out Howard Stern for the number one-spot over the last decade.

In his first post-White House interview, Donald Trump dialed in to Fox News to remember the late host.

“Three or four days ago, I called him,” Trump said. “His fight was very, very courageous and he was very, very sick and, you know, from diagnosis on. It was just something that was not going to be beat, but you wouldn’t know it.”

Trump added that Limbaugh “told me he was married to an angel.”

“Every time I spoke to him, he would tell me how great she was. She took such great care. He was very brave — I mean he in theory could have been done four months ago, really. He just, he was fighting ’til the very end. He was a fighter,” Trump said.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/17/the-50...584.1604687787

pics at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Uhm. He beat out Howard Stern for the last decade? No he didn't.

Howard has been on satellite radio since January 2006. How can you beat out someone you aren't even in competition with?

But he never did, even when they were both on terrestrial radio. And for that matter I don't even think he had more listeners after Howard went to satellite.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

LOL, Bye Bitch!
    Kittylady likes this.

So, people don't forget what a race-baiting, dog-whistling a-hole this guy was -- here was a song he played for weeks on his show:

I for one am aggrieved and devastated.

Does anyone have any water? For some reason, my pants are burning .

It's awful to say, I know, but I don't regret his passing. He was a toxic individual.
    Beeyotch, czb, KrisNine and 3 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ru...ock-aids-gays/

Did Rush Limbaugh’s ‘AIDS Update’ Mock the Deaths of Gay People?

Limbaugh would later say he regretted the segment as it made fun of people who were dying excruciating deaths.

• Published 17 February 2021

On Feb. 17, 2021, radio host Rush Limbaugh died at the age of 70 after a year-long battle with lung cancer. As conservative fans mourned the death of the radio pioneer, many on social media pointed to Limbaugh’s history of making sexist, homophobic, and bigoted remarks. Author Jessica Valenti, for example, posted a message on Twitter stating that Limbaugh once had a segment on his show called “AIDS Update” that mocked the deaths of gay people:
    This is true. While we have not uncovered any audio of these segments, we did find a few contemporaneous news articles and comments from Limbaugh confirming the contents of these controversial segments.
    Iowa’s Cedar Gazette reported in 1990 that Limbaugh’s “AIDS Update,” a recurring segment in which he made jokes about a disease that had killed more than 100,000 people in the United States the previous decade, started by playing songs such as “Back in the Saddle Again,” “Kiss Him Goodbye,” “I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again,” and “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places.”
    The “Aids Update” segment was short-lived. According to The New York Times, it ended after a few weeks. Limbaugh would call the segment one of “most regretful things I’ve ever done” because it was “making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths.”
    While Limbaugh would come to regret the segment, that didn’t stop him from airing other homophobic content. Limbaugh, for instance, had another segment that used former Congressman Barney Frank, a prominent gay politician, as fodder. That segment featured the song “My Boy Lollipop” as slurping sounds played in the background. Limbaugh also spread the unfounded claim that gay men practiced “gerbilling” (you can read more about the unfounded urban legend here) and once said, according to James Retter’s book “The Anatomy of a Scandal,” that gay men “deserved their fate.”
    BITTER and crayzeehappee like this.

I don't regret the moment I made fun of him dying an excruciating death. Unlike the overwhelming majority of AIDS victims, he deserved to die painfully.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I will never forget when Limbaugh was dancing on RBG’s grave while drooling over Trump’s pick to replace her. I will also never forget him saying Michael J. Fox was faking his Parkinson's disease.

Good riddance !

Elite Member

A truly vile human being.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

I mean...if there's a hell, he's there. It's a comforting thought.
    czb, Labelwhore, BITTER and 1 others like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I mean...if there's a hell, he's there. It's a comforting thought.
    From your mouth to God’s ears.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information